Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Gary Shandling show was hilarious. Entourage is awesome.

have you seen curb your enthusiasm?
    I LOVE Curb Your Enthusiasm -- seen most episodes. I like it even more than Seinfeld. Should have included it in the original list.

You're the first person I've known who knows about the Gary Shandling show.

Long time ago my GF and I were leaving the West coast after a trip cross country. We'd had a brilliant sushi lunch near the Santa Monica pier, and we were about to start our journey back east. An SUV pulled up next to us, rolled down his window -- it was Gary Shandling. He asked us and if we were leaving our space. I told him i loved his show, that I was sorry it was canceled. He laughed and said: "give me some money please !!"

It was my perfect LA moment.
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/18/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Lol, i remember being the only person in my family to think that Gary Shandling was funny, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    You're the first person I've known who knows about the Gary Shandling show.

Long time ago my GF and I were leaving the West coast after a trip cross country. We'd had a brilliant sushi lunch near the Santa Monica pier, and we were about to start our journey back east. An SUV pulled up next to us, rolled down his window -- it was Gary Shandling. He asked us and if we were leaving our space. I told him i loved his show, that I was sorry it was canceled. He laughed and said: "give me some money please !!"

It was my perfect LA moment.
    Ahh. But WHICH Gary Shandling show? There was "It's Gary Shandling's Show" on Showtime, which was wonderful, and the Larry Sanders Show, which was on HBO. Both were superb and groundbreaking. In fact, there are a number of people on this forum who remind me a great deal of Hank Kingsley, living vicariously through their posts.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Ahh. But WHICH Gary Shandling show? There was "It's Gary Shandling's Show" on Showtime, which was wonderful, and the Larry Sanders Show, which was on HBO. Both were superb and groundbreaking. In fact, there are a number of people on this forum who remind me a great deal of Hank Kingsley, living vicariously through their posts.
    I saw him initially on FOX -- on what I later learned were edited reruns of the Showtime series. I've never had Showtime.

I was primarily referring to HBO's The Larry Sanders Show -- which I truly loved.

Brilliant acting, writing. It was always funny, real, original.

I even grew to tolerate, if never like: Mr. Hey Now! Hank Kingsley ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/19/2010 at 05:43 AM.
    To Serve Man and The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street are two of my favorite episodes of all time. Also remember reading the short stories in English class.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    What -- has BARYE joined the Tea-baggers ???

Has BARYE begun to date members of his own species ??

Has BARYE been shaken to learn that not everyone loves him as much as he loves himself ???

NO !!

Theres just been a bleepin EARTHQUAKE underneath me !!!

A 3.9 !!!!

I might have been CRUSHED !!!

What could this have meant for the future salvation of our planet ??? I shudder to think of the horrific implications -- a near miss for sure.

I was posting to Precentral -- when there was this sudden shaking rumble that lasted maybe 45 seconds !!! (Much of what I write here is earth shaking -- but no one thinks there was any connection, do they ??? )

This is WASHINGTON DC -- This stuff NEVER happens here !!!

I was pretty sure it was a quake -- though I've never experienced one before -- and immediately looked outside to make sure the world hadn't caved in. I figured it was that -- or a giant bomb had gone off downtown near the White House.

The story is now being covered wall to wall on my local TV news.

(does anyone have any advice on how much food and water I should gather ?? I fear I may be stuck here for a while. Pray for us ...)

A bit more than a year has passed since Washington's last great earthquake -- yesterday's 5.9 tumbler is more than enough of an excuse to recall this quite amusing thread ...
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    5.9... pshh. Call me when your highways are toppling onto one another. When you can see the actual wave of the roads in front of you. When the third floor of your condo is now the first.

East coast crybabies.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Someone posted a picture of the devastation caused by the Virginia earthquake:

DC Earthquake Devastation - jmckinley's posterous
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123