Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Think of the ecological damage, I mean, all that DC underwear will now need to be washed!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Think of the ecological damage, I mean, all that DC underwear will now need to be washed!
    Now that was funny. Sorry BARYE, see spelt it right, but that was funny.
    Hey all you Cali people, sure us DC folk are not used to earthquakes but don't act as if you guys don't have weather related nuances. I was in OC a few months ago and during the day the temp was like 75-78 and by around sunset it was down to like 72 and the all the people there we saying that it was getting cold and had on these huge parka coats.

BARYE I wish I new you were also here, we could have consoled each other ;-)
  4.    #24  
    I made my first tentative steps into the chaos that is Washington today -- cautiously making my way downtown to the Capital, a place where the stench of death, tea-baggers, and republicanism hung in the air like a murky poisonous gas cloud. I have seldom ever been this terrified, as anarchy -- sheer anarchy, has come to take its grip on this city.

It is not much of an exaggeration to report that there’s now nearly no law, no regulation -- as Ron Paul and his libertarian Tea-bagging cohort increasingly are running things and making the rules here.

Oh the humanity !! People were everywhere on the streets of this city, clearly too fearful to return to their unstable homes. Panic could be seen in their eyes and faces -- its obvious they have lost faith in their government and are increasingly looking forlornly to BARYE, begging him for salvation.

Hungry for food, for drink, desperate Washingtonians could be seen lining up downtown trying to get a table or gain entry into Happy Hour at the many crowded bars and restaurants providing emergency relief and accommodations.

Needless to say, the situation here remains terribly bleak, and your charitable aid is more important now than ever.

And though the outpouring of contributions and support so far has been nothing short of breathtaking, my staff has warned of something known as “donor fatigue” -- an understandable phenomenon that occurs in part because news of a disaster have begun to fall from the world's front pages.

That is why I have been encouraged to make available for the rest of the day Saturday, a free gift for contributors of $50 or more !!!

Until midnight tonight you can choose from one of BARYE’s two most popular books:

“Emperorship For Dummies” a DIY how-to guide to becoming the master of your subjects, and a tyrant to those who love you, or “To Serve Man: favorite cuts, organs, and recipes -- adventures in The Nouveau Cuisine by this generation’s most acclaimed and provocative chef: BARYE”.

Remember -- all donations must be received no later than midnight to qualify for these wonderful gifts.

Thank you all again -- the kindness you are all showing BARYE during this hour of trial will long be remembered...
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/17/2010 at 04:32 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    That's ironic.
    Between this post, and most of your other posts, i was thinking that you have the talent to be a great writer.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 07/17/2010 at 08:11 AM.
    Gotta love the Twilight Zone reference....
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's ironic.
    Between this post, and most of your other posts, i was thinking that you have the talent to be a great writer.
    BARYE's staff has been poring over your message for the last several hours, searching for the secret text, its hidden meaning.

You've managed to elude them it seems so far -- yet despite pained exasperated groans of protest, all weekend leaves have been canceled -- dbd's message will be deciphered !!
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    BARYE's staff has been poring over your message for the last several hours, searching for the secret text, its hidden meaning.

You've managed to elude them it seems so far -- yet despite pained exasperated groans of protest, all weekend leaves have been canceled -- dbd's message will be deciphered !!
    Muhahahah!
    Muuuhahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Gotta love the Twilight Zone reference....
    The Simpson's (which I rarely see anymore) used that same reference in one their Halloween specials several years ago
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    love how you can call people tea baggers on here and that's okay but I got a stern warning for making ajoke about Greece having cellphones still after their economical melt down. It just seems like a complete and obvious joke is a little less offending then having a real issue with agroup of people and referring to them as having you know what being placed on their faces? But besides that I love reading your posts, I don't know where the heck you come up with the style and what you write about.
    my fav twilight zone was" terror at 20,000 feet !"
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is that the one with the gremlin on the wing ?? (weirdly starring William Shattner). If it is, last weeks SNL rerun had a decent parody of it (with Jude Law)
    I always thought the one with the beautiful woman that had her face covered up to have "surgery" to make her look like everybody else (the people with the bent-up noses) was brilliant.

That, and the one with the miniature U.S. spaceship and astronauts in some lady's kitchen.

Those were the best.
    I always thought the one with the beautiful woman that had her face covered up to have "surgery" to make her look like everybody else (the people with the bent-up noses) was brilliant.

That, and the one with the miniature U.S. spaceship and astronauts in some lady's kitchen.

Those were the best.
    Both classics. The first was called "The Eye of the Beholder". The lady in the other one was Agnes Moorhead, and I am sorry to say I actually remember that. Most of those are burned into my memory, at the expense of other, more important details.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post

Those were the best.
    Clearly we have all watched too much TV.

I got to see most if not all of The Twilight Zone as late night reruns on WPIX NYC.

In fact most of what TV I know comes from reruns. Mary Tyler Moore; Seinfeld; Cheers; Taxi. I never saw any of them first run -- but through the magic of the rerun I've most likely seen every episode of all those great series.

Has anyone ever seen The Gary Shandling Show ??? An awesome HBO series -- the first place I ever saw Jon Stewart BTW.

Speaking of HBO, I've only seen the first season of The Sopranos -- but I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Entourage" having just gotten into it this year -- and have seen every episode up to the present.
    Try Nurse Jackie...from the first episode.
    Just listen to yourselves! You all need an intervention. How can you have time for tv when precentral is suffering from lack of participation? Put the important things first folks. Precental, precentral.... say it like a mantra. It's not too late to come back to sanity.
    “Emperorship For Dummies” a DIY how-to guide to becoming the master of your subjects, and a tyrant to those who love you

you are a very smart individual.... and i think i just learned something from you.
    you are an asset to this community... I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts.

Im glad you made it through that massive earthquake in D.C.
    I think i read somewhere that the President has declared D.C. a disaster area. unrelated to the earth quake ...Politics ;-)
    Clearly we have all watched too much TV.

I got to see most if not all of The Twilight Zone as late night reruns on WPIX NYC.

In fact most of what TV I know comes from reruns. Mary Tyler Moore; Seinfeld; Cheers; Taxi. I never saw any of them first run -- but through the magic of the rerun I've most likely seen every episode of all those great series.

Has anyone ever seen The Gary Shandling Show ??? An awesome HBO series -- the first place I ever saw Jon Stewart BTW.

Speaking of HBO, I've only seen the first season of The Sopranos -- but I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Entourage" having just gotten into it this year -- and have seen every episode up to the present.
    Gary Shandling show was hilarious. Entourage is awesome.

have you seen curb your enthusiasm?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast