Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I hate to rant about the lack of apps – but after trying to be positive for the last 6 months, I just can’t hold back.

Fox News just released a great app – for Android.

It’s just the cumulative effect of always being the OS with the least apps – and I know we have a decent number, but most are just crap.

Where are:
    Fox News
    Mint
    USAA
    Chase
    Drop Box (official)
    SpringPad
    Paper Toss?

The list goes on. We have enough “quotes” and “sounds” apps. I want real apps – useful ones, and legit games.

Am I asking too much?

Really like the Pre and webOS – but we are being lapped by Android and the other big platform.

I hope HP can help tune things up.
    I do want quality apps. But if they have a great mobile site, why would I need an app taking up space and resources on my device. A good example is the Chase mobile site. I use it all the time. It is easy to use and I can pay my auto loan or credit credit card or transfer funds from one account to another, in addition to seeing my transactions and balances. What do I need an app for?

So yes, we need some quality apps. But not everything needs to be in app form.
    look at it this way, webos is a year old, and we have got developers interested now that hp is all-in. How many years has iphone, android and blackberry been out each???
    As a platform, webos is really kicking **** if you look at the big picture. It will mature...... Oh yes, it will mature.

evan williams ad - Google Search
    Who needs Faux News?
    never had the whiskey, but DAMN that's a good ad campaign!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I suppose the communist news network is bettr?
    FOX News? I'll pass.
    I'm paying for sprint tv just to get it on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I suppose the communist news network is bettr?
    So if I don't like Faux News I'm a communist? No wonder you like it
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    didn't say you were it was just a joke, one clever name for another. And I triedto directly reply but the link wouldn't open on my pre.
    all those apps suck.
    This platform has some pretty legit games. Easily the 2nd best platform for gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    This platform has some pretty legit games. Easily the 2nd best platform for gaming.
    Right after XP with DOSBOX!
    The day Fox News contaminates my Pre is the day I return to BB.

God - who would want Shawn Hannity chirping in their pants all day long?
    Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    The day Fox News contaminates my Pre is the day I return to BB.

God - who would want Shawn Hannity chirping in their pants all day long?
    Not me... But... I got something else he can do...
    I believe the more choices we have, the better. You don't have to download Fox News or NPR or CNN app. But, the more apps for webOS, the better. If someone wants to follow news stories from the most watched cable news station, so be it, let them. However, network news pretty much blows these days.
    The fact that its the most watched cable news channel makes me sick. Literally. I can't believe it...

Anyway, choices or not, that is one app I will never, ever have.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    hang on... fox news is 'great'?

Uh.......
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I would sooner ACTUALLY SMEAR **** into the Pre's sliding mechanism than install a Fox news app on it.
    **rolls eyes**

There's always a few inevitable ******y non-funny, non-original Fox News cracks. I'm not crazy about Fox News (I'm not crazy about any political media source to be honest) but jeez, it's so annoying. We get it, you think Fox News is stupid. Well, all of them are ****ing stupid, so just shut it.

/rant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast