Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    well put.
    Palm prē-ist.
  2. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    I would sooner ACTUALLY SMEAR **** into the Pre's sliding mechanism than install a Fox news app on it.
    yeah you can do it with all the **** that fox news continually beats out of all the other news networks every year.
  3. #23  
    lol again well put.
    besides, anyone who trash talks foxnews has not seen red eye w/ greg gutfield def 1 of the funniest shows on tv
    Palm prē-ist.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    yeah you can do it with all the **** that fox news continually beats out of all the other news networks every year.
    The stupidity and fearmongering of racist, sexist, homophobic, and xenophobic peoples is beaten only by their sense of solidarity and need for validation.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  5. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The stupidity and fearmongering of racist, sexist, homophobic, and xenophobic peoples is beaten only by their sense of solidarity and need for validation.
    so do whatever the heck you want in life is what your trying to say? And that to have your own opinion makes you a homophobe or whatever? I am 100% against being gay but I get along just fine with gay people I've come across in my life. So just cause I'm against it I'm homophobic? Obviously you don't agree with the way I think, so what phobia do you have of me? It's the way it is. If a republican wasin office cnn and msnbc would be doing the same thing. It's all politics and it's all stupid. And xenophobic are you kidding me? Most of the people in this country has family from other countries so I would be willing to guess most of fox news does too. I'm just scared ofthe foreigners that want to kill me that's all. Oh and my country I love becoming some foreign socialist country so maybe I'm xenophobic in the fact I like my country the way it was built and it's going to heck now becausewe want to be more like failing countries instead of thriving ones. We are the most thriving and generous country at the same time so we take care of things just fine without throwing everyone a bail out and any person in the world who comes over our border as well. I'm tired of people looking down on our country when just look it up, the US gives more money and goods in aid than anyother country barnone not even close. The only country that was even near us was the UK and we doubled what they gave. Even in a recession the giving wasonly down 2%. Look at the facts . Haiti as another example the government of the united states not even counting the private charity gave almost 467 million in aid. Next closest country Canada at 131 million. The thing I'm most proud of is that private donations by US citizens knock what our own and all other countries give in charities out of the ball park. Be proud of where your from and not ashamed. Sorry aboutthe grammar but I done this on my pre and it has afaulty spacebar. Well heck now back to the whole reason for the forum, our sucky pre hardware.
    Last edited by jwinn35; 07/16/2010 at 04:25 AM.
  6. #26  
    You had me at 'I'm against being gay'.

    Also, "I'm not a racist, I just don't think Black people should be allowed to vote or share a room with the White Man."

    Instead of dispersing people's generally terrible opinions of Fox News and its consumers, you handily reinforced them. Good job, guy.
  7. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #27  
    I'm against being gay, just like I'm against people being atheist. They made a choice in their lives that goes against the values that I was brought up and believe in. But just because I don't agree with it, it doesn't mean I hate them or think less of them. I just don't agree with how they choose to have their lifestyle. Just cause you have a difference in opinion as long as you still treat them with respect and love that's really all that matters. Kind of like I'm a chiefs fan and you may be a broncos fan, (gag, gag) come on man I just threw up in my mouth! But I don't think anyless of you at all as a person. You made a decision and I don't agree with it but your still a human who has grace just like me. And don't go off saying I'm making light of something much more indepth than football teams, but to me and the way I think and feel it's not. It's all one in the same, because I still love and care for them just like I do the bronco fan, but maybe I disagree with the bronco fan even a little bit more. Also you are not born racist you choose to be racist and racism is inherintly bad without argument. You choose to be gay and it's not necessarily a bad thing but I just don't agree with the lifestyle. It's my opinion, but as I said that makes me homophobic or xenophobic or whatever and you disagree with me so what phobia do you have?
  8. #28  
    Since this turned into a debate on the media, I moved the thread to the Off Topic forum.
  9. flash4o's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    This platform has some pretty legit games. Easily the 2nd best platform for gaming.
    You are right - some good games are out there. And I think of all the app makers, they are the most interested in webOS and us.
  10. flash4o's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Since this turned into a debate on the media, I moved the thread to the Off Topic forum.
    Sorry this got off topic so fast.

    Clearly I meant Fox News app as just a recent example of a brand new great looking app.
  11. #31  
    Fox "news". Yeah, that's something I can't live without. And as far as news goes, there's this nifty new technology that kindof mimics what we had with usenet back in the good ol' days (but lacking killfilters). They are called RSS feeds. You can use this thingydoo called a rss 'client' and pull news from lots of different sources, and even order stories across those sources any way you want. And wouldn't ya know it, there are a lot of those 'clients' available for WebOS! Heck, one of them is even included with the SDK as a sample program! But then you'd have to use a single application to do that one thing across many sources. Who wants that, when you can install a different app for every feed you are interested in? That's like having a different program to look at each web page on the intarwebs (which seems to be one reason that Apple has so many damned apps?)
    : (){:|:&};:
  12. #32  
    I think you are Republephobic
  13. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #33  
    hahaha... my **** joke has opened a can of worms.

    Look I'm just calling it how I sees it. In the time that I had satellite tv we got fox news channel, and it was ridiculous any time you actually watched it. That's all.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  14. #34  
    The worst is MSNBC news and NBC network news. MSNBC news is truly faux news.
  15. #35  
    I really believe that this thread has gotten way off topic.
  16. #36  
    Dave Ramsey has an iPhone app now!!!!! I'm jealous...
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    The worst is MSNBC news and NBC network news. MSNBC news is truly faux news.
    most Faux viewers would believe junior bush and reagan were great presidents if they heard it on Faux.

    Wait -- they have heard it on Faux, and they do believe it
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    most Faux viewers would believe junior bush and reagan were great presidents if they heard it on Faux.

    Wait -- they have heard it on Faux, and they do believe it
    Ronaldus Magnus maybe, but Bush doesn't get all the passes on Fox that you seem to think. But you don't watch it, so you're excused.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    yeah you can do it with all the **** that fox news continually beats out of all the other news networks every year.
    American Idol gets better ratings than the History Channel. Does that make it better, more intelligent programing just because it has bigger numbers?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Ronaldus Magnus maybe, but Bush doesn't get all the passes on Fox that you seem to think. But you don't watch it, so you're excused.
    true, I seldom see much of it anymore -- just clips played on The Daily Show, Oberman (?), and Maddow -- utterly devastating clips.

    Whilst junior reigned Faux was 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day, wall to wall apology for junior. But ever since the cataclysm junior created has been impossible to ignore, Faux instead now repeatedly yelps to Obama: how long are you going to blame junior for your troubles ??

    The last few days I've watched endless Faux clips where they explained away junior's endless problems (including the Iraq War 5 years in !!) on Clinton -- even the current oil spill, junior's recession, and 9/11 were because of Clinton.

    Yet when democrats say junior's policies lead to the depression Obama's been struggling with, Faux says Obama is a whiner ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions