1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Newbie here

I'm after a digital camera. Doesn't have to be too special beyond a) a high resolution (12MP minimum) and b) reliable and likely to last a while. I'm looking into this - ubuyhardware.com/p~p-1848567000~b-402~Olympus-Stylus-Tough-8010-14-Megapixel-Digital-Camera---Silver.aspx - do you guys think it'd be appropriate? Any suggestions of an alternative?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhthegoblin View Post
    Hi all,

Newbie here

I'm after a digital camera. Doesn't have to be too special beyond a) a high resolution (12MP minimum) and b) reliable and likely to last a while. I'm looking into this - ubuyhardware.com/p~p-1848567000~b-402~Olympus-Stylus-Tough-8010-14-Megapixel-Digital-Camera---Silver.aspx - do you guys think it'd be appropriate? Any suggestions of an alternative?

Thanks in advance!
    depends, what do you want to use it for.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Here is my list of sites that review cameras:

The Hummingbird Forum: Online digital camera review sites
    Digital camera is really a worth buying. I have simple glossy look Sony digi cam.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I love my Canon T1i / EOS 500D.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks.

I specified the high MP as I'll be doing a lot of cropping.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    If you're looking for a high resolution camera that takes excellent pictures look at a DSLR.. albeit pricey, but worth the money if you're into photography.

Point and shoot cameras however are nice and compact, and they come in large megapixel ranges. I myself am a Canon fan. The digital processors inside the camera bodies are excellent for point and shoots.