Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrunner View Post
    Talk about an oxymoronic term. There is no such thing. Even those with great Madison Avenue-created personas break bones routinely, especially in court, to control the growth of their wealth.

Where Mr Gibson is concerned, no agency can redeem him now. Roman Polanski is a much higher moral authority.
    I did provide an example of someone who is doing a lot of good with his billions. I'll admit, they are few and far between, but good billionaires do exist.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

jordan & woods both , lol ha ha but are doing some good with helping children and other things.
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    I'm fine with good millionaires, I still don't understand why one individual needs, wants, or should have in excess of one billion dollars. What's the point?
    What's the point of trying to get the high score in a video game or having the quickest time around a track? Whether you understand it or not is usually irrelevant to those individuals who are engaged in those competitions. Those that are ultra competitive and successful in the game of "making money" often fund projects that benefit society or at least leave some interesting architecture behind once they pass away.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    What's the point of trying to get the high score in a video game or having the quickest time around a track? Whether you understand it or not is usually irrelevant to those individuals who are engaged in those competitions.
    Agreed. I'm not trying to understand it; simply stating that I don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Those that are ultra competitive and successful in the game of "making money" often fund projects that benefit society or at least leave some interesting architecture behind once they pass away.
    Disagree with the word "often". My guess is for every philanthropic billionaire that improves society in a meaningful way there are 10 that live uber-rediculous lifestyles, horde their money, pay teams of accountants and lawyers to help circumvent tax laws, shelter the rest in foreign banks, and leave it to their undeserving children when they die. But I do agree that money making is a game.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrunner View Post
    Talk about an oxymoronic term. There is no such thing. Even those with great Madison Avenue-created personas break bones routinely, especially in court, to control the growth of their wealth.

Where Mr Gibson is concerned, no agency can redeem him now. Roman Polanski is a much higher moral authority.
    And what about Gates, Buffet, etc.. Yeah their evil bastar*ds aren't they...giving away all their billions to charities. How dare they. Plenty of other wealthy people go unnoticed - private citizens in this country give more to charity and worthy causes than the U.S. government does. I'm not talking fund such as Gates' but the basics - funding for the homeless, disease, pets, etc...

Mr. Gibson by the way, for all his despicable behavior at least hasn't acted (yes spoken, but not acted on) out on his beliefs, more than I can say for Mr. Polanski!!!

To the OP, saying Mr. Gibson is not a nice guy is equivalent to saying I like puppies - not much of a controversial statement.
    Last edited by solarus; 07/13/2010 at 10:54 PM.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Mr. Gibson by the way, for all his despicable behavior at least hasn't acted (yes spoken, but not acted on) out on his beliefs, more than I can say for Mr. Polanski!!!

To the OP, saying Mr. Gibson is not a nice guy is equivalent to saying I like puppies - not much of a controversial statement.
    If you listen to the tape he does not dispute that he hit her while she was holding their infant daughter -- breaking 2 of her teeth.

That represents an acting out by most folks definitions.

As for Roman Polanski -- I strongly urge anyone to watch the documentary: "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" before voicing any uninformed opinions about that topic.

Enough to say that both the erstwhile victim and the original prosecutor have wanted for decades for this travesty to end.

FWIW, what I said originally was: "Mel Gibson is not a nice human" (same to you perhaps, but not to BARYE)
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/14/2010 at 04:25 AM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    It must be nice to be the arbiter of whose gains are ill-gotten.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

if only he was using the God phone iphone4....he wouldnt be in this mess LOL the ideathgrip for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    The rant could still possibly be explained (manic depression??) -- but excused ?
    I've heard on some of the news coverage that he is supposedly bipolar. But heck, even if he's tripolar it's still no excuse for this sort of thing.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)

there's much that BARYE does not understand about human belief and superstition -- what is a "schizmatic" ???
    See:

Traditionalist Catholic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Society of St. Pius X - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sedevacantism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conclavism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Gonna throw in an iphone4 and lets see how the conversation would have went. Courtesy of DailyGoat

Below is a transcript of one of those simulated conversations.

Mel Gibson (MG): Hey Oksana, it is me, Mel. How ya doing?

Oksana Grigorieva (OG): Yes Mel, what the f*** do you want you god-d***, crap-f*** movie making, antisemetic, limp-d***ed, pathetic has-been, worthless piece of s***.

[Fumbling noises can now be heard in the background as Oksana starts the tape recorder, Click]

MG: What? How dare you. I gave you everything, donít you dare fuÖ.

[Dial tone]

OG: Mel, my handsome prince, did I lose you?

[Ring, ring]

[Tape still rolling]

MG: Sorry, damn phone dropped the call. What the f*** is the matter with this thing? Where was I?

OG: No problem Mel, I am just lying here peacefully in a full length flannel nightgown with our lovely Lucia stroking her hair and creating this amazing mother-daughter bond. I think everything is good in the world when I hold her. Anyhow, you were saying something about ďHow dare I.Ē Go on now. Mel? Mel? You there darling?

[Dial tone]

[Click, tape recorder turned off]

OG: Oh for Christ sake. What the f***is the matter with his god-d*** phone? I need to get some f***ing calls recorded or else I am going to be f***ed in this child support case. F***.

[Baby crying]

OG: [Apparently addressing Lucia's nanny] Hey wetb**k, take care of the f***ing kid, will ya? What the f*** do you think I pay you with Melís money for? And bring me my black Christian Louboutins f***-me knee-high boots. I have a date tonight with Cristiano Ronaldo and need to look hot.

[Ring, ring]

OG: Mel, you sorry little f***, canít you even buy a f***ing phone without f***ing it up? You are beyond worthless, you talentless little *****.

[Click, the sound of the tape recorder being turned back on is barely audible in background]

MG: Oksana? Oksana? It is me again. Sorry, I think you were just saying something to me, but I could not make out a mother-f***ing thing that you said. I just upgraded to this f***ing iPhone 4 and the god-damn thing does not f***ing work. It shows that I have 5 stupid bars, but I canít hear s***. This thing is a bigger piece of crap than Lethal Weapon 4. Those idiots at AT&T are f***ing gold-digging wh***s charging me $125 a month for a voice and data plan that I cannot even make a mother-f***ing phone call with. For that much, this thing should blow me like the piece of white trash it is. I hope Steve Jobs is raped by a pack ofÖ

OG: Mel? Mel? A pack of what sweetheart? Tell me your inner-most thoughts, I am here for you always. You have my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Mel?

[Dial tone]

[Click, tape recorder turned off]

OG: You have got to be f***ing kidding me. This is unf***ing believable. Hey Juanita Maria Selena Juliaina, whatever the f*** your name is, fetch me a god-d*** arugula, prosciutto and feta sandwich on rye with some chipotle sauce and some bottled water, but not that Perrier sh**. F***. And the kid, give it a bath tonight before you go home. I donít care if you miss your f***ing bus, just do it. Have Carlos or whatever the f*** your loser baby daddy number 4′s name is pick you up. But meet him down the street, not in my f***ing driveway like last time. His piece of s*** hooptie is more embarrassing than the old Soviet Zhiguli my dad used to drive.

[Ring, ring]

OG: Hey co**sucker. What happen this time? Have to go give your only black friend Whoopi Goldberg a handj*b to keep her in your corner for your next f***ing PRPRPR $meltdown$?

[Click, recorder turned on]

OG: Glad you called back love of my life. Sorry for all the problems you are having with that phone. I know we probably donít have much more time to talk since you are on that terrible thing. Letís get back to what you were saying at the beginning. Something about ďhow dare I?Ē What was that? Go ahead and continue.

MG: Huh? What? Uhh, I can barely hear you. F***, doesnít matter anyhow, all I can think about is this f***iní ignorant piece of s*** device! I canít even understand you! This phone is an unusable wh*** disgrace of a product! How dare they f***ing insult my intelligence with some of the stupid reasons they gave me for upgrading to this f***ing thing? A better camera? A f***ing better camera? I own ten cameras and I donít even take pictures of people, they take pictures of me. Why the h*** do I care about their stupid s****y camera? And an improved menu navigation? Who gives a f*** about menu navigation when you cannot place a call with this son of a wh***. I am being double-f***ed by Apple and AT&T. That b**** at the AT&T store is a c***. Their logic sucks, because they are f***ing mentally deprived idiots! I gotta go, I canít talk to you anymore on this thing, it is driving me f***ing insane. I gotta gÖ

OG: Mel? You still there?

[Dial tone]

OG: Oh f***in-aye. Thanks a f***ing lot Apple. You are ruining my god-d*** life. I had him. I f***ing had him at his most irate. I stole all his rosaries yesterday, even that one his godmother gave him at his first communion, to make sure he was good and ****ed. F***, I knew he would be incensed. God-d*** it.

[Ding dong]

OG: Donít answer the door you b****, donít answer it. It is Cristiano and I am not ready yet. S*** does this bra make my t*ts look perfect. He** yeah, I would so f*** me.

Oops, forgotÖ

[Click]
  12.    #52  
  13.    #53  
    If you listen to the tape he does not dispute that he hit her while she was holding their infant daughter -- breaking 2 of her teeth.

That represents an acting out by most folks definitions.

As for Roman Polanski -- I strongly urge anyone to watch the documentary: "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired" before voicing any uninformed opinions about that topic.

Enough to say that both the erstwhile victim and the original prosecutor have wanted for decades for this travesty to end.

FWIW, what I said originally was: "Mel Gibson is not a nice human" (same to you perhaps, but not to BARYE)
    not sure of the authenticity or context, but this photo etc. were posted a couple of days ago on RadarOnline:

"... a disturbing picture of Oksana Grigorieva taken just hours after she claims Gibson punched her in the face.

The image shows the damage to the Russian-born musician’s front teeth after the couple’s brutal blowout at Mel’s Malibu mansion on January 6.

Oksana has told police that Mel punched her in the face while she held their infant daughter Lucia and that the force of his blows broke her teeth and left her with a concussion, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

Oksana’s two upper front teeth are clearly damaged as our world exclusive photo shows.

“Oksana lost a veneer and the right front tooth was severely chipped,” said a source, familiar with the law enforcement investigation.

Dental veneers are custom-designed shells of tooth-like ceramic material. They are bonded to the teeth with various types of resin cement.

Veneers can be dislodged only with significant force and that’s exactly how Oksana’s was knocked out in her brutal fight with Mel, sources told RadarOnline.com.

The damage left Oksana in need of urgent medical assistance, she told police probing the case.

RadarOnline.com obtained this evidence after Gibson’s camp issued a carefully worded denial that she had suffered the injuries.

Mel’s representatives insisted Oksana has provided zero evidence to support her claim that Mel caused damage.

"Not true... her teeth are in her mouth according to our information," one of Mel’s laywers told RadarOnline.com, last month.

But as we RadarOnline.com exclusively reported Mel admitted to hitting Oksana in an audio recording of a telephone conversation in which the enraged actor says “you f**king deserved it” after she protested that the Braveheart star hit her and broke her teeth.

RadarOnline.com’s world exclusive photograph of the damage to Oksana’s teeth was taken within 24 hours after the fight and is a key piece of evidence in her claim against Gibson.

The dentist who repaired the teeth, Dr. Ross Shelden, also took photos of Oksana's mouth and turned them over to her lawyers.

In his declaration, Sheldon said he saw evidence of “blunt force trauma” as well as physical damage.

The allegations of violence have been backed up with outrageous audio recordings, obtained and released exclusively by RadarOnline.com, in which Mel threatens Oksana with physical harm.

In one of the taped conversations, an out-of-control Mel is heard yelling: "You need a f **king bat in the side of the head."

Other audio released by RadarOnline.com has included Mel spewing vile, racist remarks and telling Oksana that she will be raped by a “pack of n***ers.”

In the latest recording released, Mel is heard yelling and demanding sex and threatening to burn the house down.

"I deserve to be bl * wn first, before the f **king jacuzzi," Mel tells Oksana, as he heaves loudly over the phone, later adding: "OK, I'll burn the ******* house down but bl*n me first! How dare you?"

Oksana is also claiming that the baby -- who was two months old at the time of the alleged incident -- was hit when Gibson lunged for her.

RadarOnline.com reported exclusively that there are photographs of the baby with a bruise on her face.

Oksana also told investigators that Mel, 54, waved a gun in her face after she was beaten by him and tried to get away."

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    BARYE, forgiveness on behalf of the victim, years from the crime, does not negate the law. What Polanski did should be prosecuted, don't you agree?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    BARYE, forgiveness on behalf of the victim, years from the crime, does not negate the law. What Polanski did should be prosecuted, don't you agree?

I again urge you to watch the lengthy and very thorough HBO documentary I earlier referenced before forming an opinion. It’s a remarkable piece of journalism which extraordinarily got recent interviews with ALL the principles of this case -- except for the publicity happy judge, who had already died (though they do have contemporaneous archival footage of him from then).

I do no justice to the documentary by simply summarizing a case that it builds methodically and comprehensively.

(From memory) what it describes is a plea bargain agreed to by ALL parties -- the prosecutors, the victim and her mother, Polanski and his attorneys, and the criminal psychiatrists who acted as evaluators, and the judge himself.

Polanski was “sentenced” to a period of criminal psychiatric evaluation -- and confined during that evaluation. During his approximately 42 days of confinement, those psychiatrists determined that Polanski was not a deviant personality, and not a risk to society.

EVERYONE agreed that was the end of it. After he was released, Polanski did not keep a low profile and the press made note of this -- and raised questions regarding whether he had gotten special treatment.

This embarrassed the judge -- who insisted that Polanski return to “serve” additional days of his 90 day psychiatric evaluation “sentence”.

My memory is inexact on the specifics, but I believe he initially agreed reluctantly to “serve” a short time longer -- despite the objections of even the prosecutors, who felt that the judge was violating the terms of the plea arrangement.

When after this second “incarceration” the press again gave grief to the judge, he demanded that Polanski come back a 3rd time for further undefined sentencing.

By this time Polanski’s attorneys, the prosecutors, and Polanski himself most especially, had lost trust in the judge’s probity. Polanski no longer knew what the judge intended to do -- and rather than risk the possibility of a lengthy jail sentence, left the country.

Both the prosecutors and Polanski’s attorneys allege that the judge committed gross violations of legal ethics during this process and in confidential discussions in his chambers.

It was these apparently transcribed minutes of those discussions that were asked for by Polanski’s attorneys -- and later the Swiss investigators, in Switzerland. Access to these documents were apparently refused by the LA district attorney’s office -- this was the reason the Swiss authorities exonerated Polanski.

Whether or not you agree with the result, Polanski received and served the punishment the judge originally assigned him. Politics and publicity are never supposed to influence judges -- it did in this one, and that lead to a grievous miscarriage of justice.

Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired - The Case

"...As our interviews and off-the-record conversations stacked up , it became clear that Judge Rittenband’s questionable conduct was a major factor in Polanski’s decision to flee. Having already served 42 days prison time ( a fact which is often forgotten in discussions about the case ) the director was in no mood for another, lengthier stint of jail. Polanski must have felt as if he was trapped inside one of his own movies, facing a real life version of Chinatown’s Noah Cross.

The back stage machinations even led Assistant D.A. Roger Gunson to admit on camera that he was not surprised Polanski fled “under those circumstances.”

Judge Rittenband died in 1993, but the effects of his capricious mishandling of the Polanski case still reverberate today. ...

As HBO geared up for the TV premiere, the Court accused us of “fabrication” – a charge which so enraged the original trial attorneys Douglas Dalton and [prosecutor] Roger Gunson that they issued a joint statement supporting the film’s conclusions. The irony of both defence and prosecution lawyers lining up 30 years later to challenge another judge’s high handed antics wasn’t lost on either Dalton or Gunson. ” (The) false and reprehensible statement by the Los Angeles Superior Court continues their inappropriate handling of the Polanski case” they said.
    you made a thread about it you must like him cause you want to keep talking about him.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123