1.    #1  
    Thats right... Palm beer!

PALM Speciale is the best selling ale in Belgium, and has just recently become available in New York (draft only). Don’t be fooled by its amber color, it is neither heavy nor bitter, and is a true alternative/upgrade for your customers who drink Heineken or Stella Artois. It is slightly more flavorful than those brews, with a clean finish. The beer experts who measure such things, say PALM has a bitterness unit of 18, which places it squarely between Heineken and US mainstream, domestics.
    “We have been carrying PALM for six months,” said Julien Goiran, general manager of BXL Café. “My customers have been surprised by it. At the beginning, it was not that famous, the name PALM was not well known. But then people tried it, and they really love it now. It is a Belgian amber ale, so it is really a classic beer. What the customers appreciate about it, is the drinkability. You can have a couple, or even four or five.
    PALM Speciale is brewed at Belgium’s largest independent brewery, also named
    PALM, which dates back to 1747. The Speciale style (which is a variation of ale) originated in the early 1900’s, in response to a spate of lagers and pilsners to hit the European market. Speciale style ales are very flavorful, yet very drinkable. Part of the complexity owes to a yeast strain similar to that used with Trappist beers, and also Kent Golding Hops. It is its roasted Champagne Malt which gives it the rich amber color, without the hitter tastes found in most dark beers. Noted beer writer Michael Jackson describes PALM Speciale as “exceptionally fresh, with aromas of toasty malt, a bitter-orange palate and a tartly refreshing finish.”
    As is common with authentic Belgian brews, they are replete with there own glassware, designed to enhance taste. PALM’s glassware, which is available to on-premise accounts (speak to your wholesaler representative), has a proportionally large hall to hold the bulk of the liquid, and then a narrower mouth, creating a smaller head to beer ratio. “I think it is part of the success,” said Julien. “People really like it. The size of the glass is perfect, it fits great in your hand.

Sounds like another Palm i know... that also fits great in your hand ;-)
    I tried this beer this past weekend. It is very good. It's one of Belgium's most popular beers... which says a lot coming form Belgium.

http://www.palmbreweries.com/
    Buy PALM Beer
    I know what thell be serving at there ces booth come 2011
    I'll stick with Stella Artios.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I'll stick with Stella Artios.
    it wouldn't kill you to try it first.
    I like stella, fat tire, westmalle, delerium tremens... To mention a few.
    some times I just like a cold bud light.
    palm was surprisingly good...
    the link to their website is pretty cool. You can watch all the different beers pour...see the color and head...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    If I'm going to have a Belgian, it's going to be Delirium Nocturnum 9 times out of 10. Or a Grimbergen.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7.    #7  
    Well, im glad to see there are so many open minded beer connoisseurs here n the forums.

is anyone willing to try this Belgium ale?
    I think it looks pretty good. If it came to Cleveland I would definitely try it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Well, im glad to see there are so many open minded beer connoisseurs here n the forums.

I've had it a few times. It's ok but IMHO a bit pedestrian for a Belgian beer. I would certainly drink it over Stella (blech!) but there are much more exciting beers out there, especially from Belgium.

Cool name though, I'll give them that
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nxg125 View Post
    I've had it a few times. It's ok but IMHO a bit pedestrian for a Belgian beer. I would certainly drink it over Stella (blech!) but there are much more exciting beers out there, especially from Belgium.

Cool name though, I'll give them that
    well said...
    There are def better beers out there from belgium.
    I think this is belgiums "budweiser". that says a lot about Belgium beers !
    I do like it better then stella... but its not as available to purchase as stella.
    choices... nice to have them ;-)
    Framboise for me is the only Ale / Beer I can stand other then that i'm a hard liqueur person
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    i LOVE duvel... however, i am more than willing to try the PALM beer. i'll be picking some up at whole foods today after work.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post

I'm certainly willing to try it if I see it. If you want to send me a case, that might expedite the process.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm always in the mood to try a new beer. If it comes near me I'll give it a try!

for the name!
    I'm a homebrewer, so naturally I like trying all different kinds of beer. That's usually so I can try to clone them myself later. I would love to try this PALM beer. Wonder if I can get it in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area? Will have to check my favorite liquor stores.
    I've tried this (Stone Street in NY), with another Palm fanatic. Not bad at all. Prefer Grimbergen [sp?], but this is pretty good.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    I've seen this on draft in several places like Berry Park in Brooklyn, or Zeppelin Hall Biergarten in Jersey City NJ. Have yet to try it though.