Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    And your point is?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I conflictingly find myself in agreement with Micael.

As a resident legal alien myself I'm acutely aware of the possibility that I could be deported at anytime for any reason. I feel for the UK couple, their life will be tuned upside down. Unless your a US citizen legal presence in the USA isn't a right it's a privilege, regardless if you arrived in the USA by jet aircraft or crawling across the sand on your belly.....how is it that people don't understand this?

It seems to me that the state of Arizona is on board.....I suppose it's only an matter of time until everyone else is.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/08/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I conflictingly find myself in agreement with Micael.
    It happens sometimes.... don't be too hard on yourself
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Consistency would make this kind of thing more palatable, don't you think?
    The system is not really set up for consistency. As one very small example.....When I was a non-resident legal alien I essentially had to have a new VISA issued every single time I reentered the USA. That decision was up to the customs officer on duty and your chances of getting the stamp depended on his/her mood/ethnic background and answering questions properly.

This situation may not be "fair" or "consistent" and I don't like it much but as a Canadian citizen it's completely optional and avoidable just like it is for folks from the UK or Mexico.....stay home.

If I try and storm the border at the peace arch in my car I get shot. Why isn't that the case in Yuma?

If I was American and had the right to vote I would be asking my elected officials to stop running bombastic deficits long before solving border security.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 07/08/2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    hmmmm after agreeing with you two on a few topics i found myself with the shakes, dizzy,, and could not eat... hell my dog growled at me as if he didnt recognize me.. i may not go down that road again.. even for the head rush that ensued for about 1.3 miliseconds
    I agree thou, same here in Canada, and we have far more relaxed rules then the US does. Privilege not a right.. many people forget that... damn there goes again, everything is spinning and getting darkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk..........................
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    If I was American and had the right to vote I would be asking my elected officials to stop running bombastic deficits long before solving border security.
    But those aren't unrelated issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The system is not really set up for consistency. As one very small example.....When I was a non-resident legal alien I essentially had to have a new VISA issued every single time I reentered the USA. That decision was up to the customs officer on duty and your chances of getting the stamp depended on his/her mood/ethnic background and answering questions properly.

This situation may not be "fair" or "consistent" and I don't like it much but as a Canadian citizen it's completely optional and avoidable just like it is for folks from the UK or Mexico.....stay home.

If I try and storm the border at the peace arch in my car I get shot. Why isn't that the in Yuma?

One of my sisters' friends experienced a customs officer in a bad mood. He looked at her paperwork, claimed "she wasn't allowed to have a VISA like that", ripped it up, and told her get back on a UK bound plane or she would be arrested. Her friends had to clean out her apartment and ship back the stuff she wanted.

The people that I know who immigrated here legally are furious at all the pandering to those who are here illegally.