Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post

You can call them freedom fries all you want but you have to admire the French. The citizens of that country have brought it to a standstill with one demand, "YOU WORK FOR US GOVERNMENT!".
    actually, the have brougt things to a standstill with the demand 'we don't work'...

and even before the strike the french economy is much worse than the us, but our current deficit spending will help us catch up soon.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    @xforsaken

that's a false choice. Govt could be cust in half without firing a single inspector.
    ahhhhh,, so what do you cut?? military? coast guard? the number of reps and congress members? what do you cut?
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    that's not the point, whuch was that you used a false choise to make an argument.

but, I'd start by cutting the irs, and implement the fare tax.

then I'd go after entitlements.

not an expert, but we can at leaset stop the growth. Your bugdet can't work the way congress does, what would imdicate they won't go bankrupt like you or I would?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's not the point, whuch was that you used a false choise to make an argument.

but, I'd start by cutting the irs, and implement the fare tax.

then I'd go after entitlements.

not an expert, but we can at leaset stop the growth. Your bugdet can't work the way congress does, what would imdicate they won't go bankrupt like you or I would?
    The fair tax system, hmmm based on the numbers, if everyone paid the same amount, the US would be broke in a week.. that or the lower paid americans would be or are you talking percentages of total income.. no write offs,, no write downs, no hiding money off shore.. in swiss banks for example..
    define entitlements??
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123