1.    #1  
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/05/hp-photosmart-d110a-eprint-printer-earns-5-star-reviews-despite/#comments

Suspected false reviews, and touted but missing features.

Although it's a printer and not a phone, that's one of their bread and butter products. And it make me wonder why they would possibly do this. If someone bought it for this feature, they're left in the cold for now. Firmware update? Does the average consumer even check for those on a printer?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    This reminds me of how we have yet to get Mojo Messaging service, because this ePrinting service is something that HP will be directly hosting. Although if you check out the Engadget article that demos this feature a lot of commenters bring up security issues regarding email spoofing. The article notes it will be in a software update at the end of the month. Which is ok with me. We have been waiting for over a year for Mojo Messaging service and not a word about it since the original announcements.
  3.    #3  
    I'm just thinking of who bought this expecting that feature, but the feature isn't available, yet it's advertised. Apparently there's no mention that you must do a software upgrade in the ads. That would bother me if I'd bought this. And I'm looking for a wireless printer too, and was looking at HP. I agree with Engadget, bad form HP.

P.S. I wonder if the software update is webOS though. They did say they may use it on printers. So if it is, let's hope they promote it properly.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 07/05/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I am concerned about HP's quality. I own a computer repair shop, and I have seen some terrible HP laptops. Especially the ones from several years ago. A while back I found this, which confirmed my feelings about HP Laptops.

Well I do not have enough posts yet to post a link, but if you search google for laptop failure rates you will find an article from engadget. Anyways HP is last, at about 25%

One thing to note is the laptops in that study were two years old.

There Printers really seem to be hit or miss, I have a $350 all in one. And it has been a fantastic printer. I recommended the same model to a friend. He has been through two of them, and his third one is still having problems.
    I have a all in one HP printer that is 5 years old and still works great (my son is using it now) and I now have another HP all in one that is a year old and I am really happy with it too. I am not worried in the least bit about HP reliability. Every manufacturer has service returns, just the other day my friend was having problems with her ipod so we took it in to an Apple store to have checked/repaired and the line was so long that we took a number and had to wait over an hour to have it checked out.
    reliability isn't the issue, its integrity. i'm confused as to why HP would release a product who's main selling point isn't available yet. I just don't see the business sense in it.

I've never heard of something like this happening with this company, so i'm hoping its a one time issue, and i doubt it'll have any implications on their ability to deliver webos products.
    other than the high cost of ink cartridges, I have had no issues with lack of quality or features for the many HP computers, laptops, and printers I have puechased. I currently have one HP PC and an HP LCD panel, and 3 printers. All are rock solid. The occaisional call to support has been well handled.
    HP's quality and reliability has nose-dived in the past 5 years imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    I am concerned about HP's quality. I own a computer repair shop, and I have seen some terrible HP laptops. Especially the ones from several years ago. A while back I found this, which confirmed my feelings about HP Laptops.

Well I do not have enough posts yet to post a link, but if you search google for laptop failure rates you will find an article from engadget. Anyways HP is last, at about 25% ...

Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    ... Contrast this with HP -- who are an abomination -- we will not purchase any HP product no matter the cost.

HP's tech support is a joke -- uninformed, and untrained in anything but misstating the date when your warranty expires, and in continually striving to persuade you that any problems are not their fault (and in any event can only be discussed with an "extended support" charge.

Whether its printers, laptops, or desktops -- HP is absolutely the WORST !!

A recent reliability survey showed the 25% of HP laptops failed during their first 3 years.

PC World had this to say about HP:

"...After watching HP turn in dismal results on our survey for the past several years, we asked what was happening. Why were our readers rating a top-tier company as subpar in reliability and support, year after year?..."

anybody who owns 1 or 2 of anything is in no position to make big observations about the quality or lack thereof of any product or any company.

FWIW, I have experience with more than a few HP products.

I know EXACTLY the HP laptop problem you're talking about. A laptop that self destructed because of a defective NVidia motherboard. Through Google sleuthing I learned that my company's HP laptops had been recalled because of this defect in EUROPE.

When I called HP US, they LIED REPEATEDLY to me -- denied denied denied any problem, would only service the laptops for mucho $$$. I refused. It was at least another 3 months before they finally extended the warranty on them to US customers.

I hate their garbage.

Square Trade -- a company that offers after market warranties on hardware, released a fairly large and unbiased reliability survey (which they care about since it effects their own bottom line.)

The bottom line is that HP is at the bottom:

Last edited by BARYE; 07/05/2010 at 11:09 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    anybody who owns 1 or 2 of anything is in no position to make big observations about the quality or lack thereof of any product or any company.

FWIW, I have experience with more than a few HP products.

I know EXACTLY the HP laptop problem you're talking about. A laptop that self destructed because of a defective NVidia motherboard. Through Google sleuthing I learned that my company's HP laptops had been recalled because of this defect in EUROPE.

When I called HP US, they LIED REPEATEDLY to me -- denied denied denied any problem, would only service the laptops for mucho $$$. I refused. It was at least another 3 months before they finally extended the warranty on them to US customers.

I hate their garbage.

Square Trade -- a company that offers after market warranties on hardware, released a fairly large and unbiased reliability survey (which they care about since it effects their own bottom line.)

The bottom line is that HP is at the bottom:

I saw this last year. I used this to inform my users about making computers around christmas time.
    Does anyone know the ratio of computers reported? This is a survey from a warranty company based on claims processed. There are many more HP laptops than ASUS... so i wonder how this was calculated? Anyone have any info?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    reliability isn't the issue, its integrity. i'm confused as to why HP would release a product who's main selling point isn't available yet. I just don't see the business sense in it.

I've never heard of something like this happening with this company, so i'm hoping its a one time issue, and i doubt it'll have any implications on their ability to deliver webos products.
    You're right, integrity too. I was just thinking of reliability in terms of, you expect something to work out of the box as advertised. The fact that they sold an incomplete product with some misrepresentation makes me question whether you can rely on their products after you buy them. What else did they "forget" to mention?

I have other HP products, so I'm not a hater, but this just makes me wonder. Companies can change.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    I saw this last year. I used this to inform my users about making computers around christmas time.
    Does anyone know the ratio of computers reported? This is a survey from a warranty company based on claims processed. There are many more HP laptops than ASUS... so i wonder how this was calculated? Anyone have any info?
    I assume its a comparable percentage of the systems they have warrantied, graphed from actual experience based statistics..

Square Trade is using this info for their own internal support calculations -- they need to adjust what they charge for warranties based on the probability and cost of the average repair of each brand of laptop etc.
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/06/2010 at 02:45 AM.
    hp isn't dumb.. Actually their geniuses.. In the laptop market every dollar counts, cause people want thebest sounding tech for the least amount of money...in the cellphone market however, due to how carriers do things quality means alot more than 20 bucks in added cost to the consumer...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    hp isn't dumb.. Actually their geniuses.. In the laptop market every dollar counts, cause people want thebest sounding tech for the least amount of money...in the cellphone market however, due to how carriers do things quality means alot more than 20 bucks in added cost to the consumer...
    Previous management (Carly Fiorina) was a looney tunes who believed that she could find success by buying Compaq, slashing quality, and firing 30,000 HP workers and sending their jobs to China and India.

Current management (Hurd) are bean counters. They see hardware as yesterday's news -- they are not innovating, not producing high quality products, not focusing on customer support and satisfaction, not maintaining quality control of their printer software etc.

Instead they are investing big time in "Services" -- value added consulting and contracting to other big enterprises.
  15.    #15  
    HP is dumb if they expect people to be happy with paying for something they didn't get put of the box. Unless you didn't buy the printer for ePrinting. But then there's cheaper options, even for wireless printing.

Some people on Amazon aren't happy.

http://www.amazon.com/Photosmart-e-A...bosnation0e-20