Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    She is halfway through a five-week half-transcontinental bike trip, averaging sixty to seventy miles a day. Yesterday, in Glacier National Park, they rode the "Going to the Sun" road in 36 degrees, one of the most beautiful and scary rides I can imagine, especially on the descent. Sheer drops on both sides of the road and snow everywhere. She is longing for the flatness and heat of Florida. This is a great video, which is about as close as I will ever come to riding that road.

I rode the "Sun" ride a couple of times, most recently a few years ago. It is the most pretty ride I've ever ridden. 36F (I am assuming F, not C) is not fun, but I hope she got a really early morning start. By 10am, the narrow switchbacks are packed with campers, and there ain't a whole lot of room to share for cyclists.

The descend was an absolutely ear to ear grin!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    No. Although she is on Verizon (I'm on Sprint through work), I wasn't about to expose her to patches and possible bad hardware right before she left, so I got her a Droid (Incredibles were back-ordered). It gave me a chance to play with Android, enough to determine I didn't like it. But she has been posting to her Facebook page every day. No videos, though.
    Android??? You are dead to me!

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Android??? You are dead to me!

Yeah, well, it gave me an excuse to play with Android. I would never give up my Pre for any Android machine I've seen yet, but one thing about her Droid is that it worked pretty much out of the box...no patches needed. The email client is miserable, but since we got it only two days before she left, I wasn't about to get into patching the phone to get it to work. Also there were a lot more apps that would keep her occupied...like Skymap. Seems to be working out for her so far....I really think the Pre has a longer learning curve.
    gotta love the wifey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12