Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    "A new poll of leading presidential scholars ranks Barack Obama as the 15th best president of the United States, just below Bill Clinton but ahead of Ronald Reagan.

The Siena College poll, which surveyed 238 presidential scholars at U.S. colleges and universities, asked scholars to rate the nationís 43 chief executives on 20 attributes ranging from legislative accomplishments to integrity and imagination.

In the overall ranking, [President] Obama rated two places below Clinton, who was 13th best, and three better than Reagan, who is ranked as the 18th best."

By EMILY SCHULTHEIS | 7/1/10 1:29 PM EDT
    I guess it doesn't take as much brains to be a scholar as i thought it did.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    20 attributes ranging from legislative accomplishments to integrity and imagination.
    Legislative accomplishments, including forcing laws on citizens who overwhelmingly disapprove of them?
    Integrity, including appointing a large number of lobbyists after stating he would have none in his administration?
    He does seem to be good at imagining things, I'll give you that.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    He does seem to be good at imagining things, I'll give you that.
    Only if he has a teleprompter to tell him what to imagine...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I'm sorry but that's got to be a joke. Either that or these scholars need to do a little more research before they make it in the real world. They seem a little naive.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    I'm sorry but that's got to be a joke. Either that or these scholars need to do a little more research before they make it in the real world. They seem a little naive.
    Nope. They just disagree with the rampant negativism on the right. In other words, they have a broader view of the world than many.
    I wonder what percent of the 238 actually voted for him. It is probably much higher than 50% which would explain their delusional view of him being so great in his short time in office.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    How anyone can say any President is the 10th or 1st or 15th when its not even half way through a first term is beyond me. What a complete piece of fluff journalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrunner View Post
    A teleprompter told Obama to take a position against the Iraq War when it was first being considered? Wow!
    wouldn't surprise me..
    My device history:

- Jim J.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    I'm still not sure why they would rank a sitting president based on job performance (but then again, I'm still not sure why President Obama won a nobel peace prize ). He's half way through one term, are they ranking him based on what they think will be the outcome of his presidency? Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't GWBs approval rating sky high one year into his term? That didn't exactly translate into a stellar ranking (he's in the bottom five according to the poll).
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I guess this just proves that academia leans a bit left, don't you think
    Dan
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    And the alternative? Why, it's the pubic option.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Uhhh... possible typo in there... I love the sign that says "if you didn't read it, don't sign it" next to the "pubic option" sign. Too bad someone had to drag along their kids. Nothing like replacing Dora the Explorer with a good ole fashion Saturday morning protest.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Ok, maybe now I understand the "pubic option". Guy holding the blue sign under his arm appears to be unbuttoning his trousers with a girl looking down and a guy holding his nose... Am I seeing this correctly??
    Is there dislike for him more so because deep down they are threatened by a colored person in office. If he was hispanic or asian this samething would be going down. I say this because every picture, like this one, there is always a crowd full of middle age or older white people. One person is holding the sign wheres his birth cert. So yea he may have gone to one of the best schools in america and is educated far beyond the average person, but let me denounce all of that because "I heard on FAUX News 2 years ago his birth cert was a fake." I'm sick of all republicans going against everything that is put up. Face it rascim is still alive it's just not shown outword by calling people a n*****. This is obvious with those tea party people. Think what you want but 95% of people who don't like obama don't have a reason of their own that is valid, it's always something they heard from someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Is there dislike for him more so because deep down they are threatened by a colored person in office.
    What color?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    What color?
    enough said, saw your post earlier about the teleprompter. You're one of the people I'm talking about. It's 2010 and we still aren't past this ****. Sad there's soo many people out there like you. One day the minority will be the people who are not multiracial, then we will finally see a change in peoples views.
    I haven't had a chance to read much of this yet -- but what most astonished me was how high Raygun was ranked -- I can't think of a single positive thing he was responsible for --

(and these were all scholars who went to school before the Texas textbooks got redone -- in a decade Raygun will be ahead of Lincoln, Washington, and even BARYE)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    enough said, saw your post earlier about the teleprompter. You're one of the people I'm talking about. It's 2010 and we still aren't past this ****. Sad there's soo many people out there like you. One day the minority will be the people who are not multiracial, then we will finally see a change in peoples views.
    What exactly did I say that was so objectionable?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast