1.    #1  
    Report: Majority Of Government Doesn't Trust Citizens Either

Excerpt:
    At a time when widespread polling data suggests that a majority of the U.S. populace no longer trusts the federal government, a Pew Research Center report has found that the vast majority of the federal government doesn't trust the U.S. populace all that much either.

According to the poll—which surveyed members of the judicial, legislative, and executive branches—9 out of 10 government officials reported feeling "disillusioned" by the populace and claimed to have "completely lost confidence" in the citizenry's ability to act in the nation's best interests.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  2.    #2  
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I must say, using the Onion and Jon Stewart as sources puts you on a pedastal in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I must say, using the Onion and Jon Stewart as sources puts you on a pedastal in my book.
    I'm just hoping that he realizes that The Onion is actually a fake news site...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    It's a satirical new site, thank you very much. Of course, like most great satire, it's the kernel of truth that really strikes to the heart of things.
    And I'm hoping you realize that I've been reading the Onion since around 1990 when my daughter mailed me copies from Madison, WI. The real question is do you realize how lame that sounded? If I supported it as a source, that would suggest I read it. If anyone reads the Onion and confuses it for real news, that would be a concern. Although I would wonder about John Boehner.
    Last edited by davidra; 06/27/2010 at 05:23 PM.
    And I'm hoping you realize that I've been reading the Onion since around 1990 when my daughter mailed me copies from Madison, WI. The real question is do you realize how lame that sounded? If I supported it as a source, that would suggest I read it. If anyone reads the Onion and confuses it for real news, that would be a concern. Although I would wonder about John Boehner.
    I was talking about the OP, not you. Overreact much?
    I was talking about the OP, not you. Overreact much?
    Sorry...but take it from me, Toby knows as well....although neither of us are known for our hysterically funny posts.
    Sorry...but take it from me, Toby knows as well....although neither of us are known for our hysterically funny posts.
    Agreed.
    Here is the place to go for "hysterically funny" posts:

http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...rial-here.html
    Our founding fathers certainly did not trust the populace, which is evident in our representative republic (as opposed to a straight democracy, which many people incorrectly assume).