Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    extraordinary.

This problem conceivably could have been missed or under appreciated because of the way they road "tested" the iPhone 4. Recall the phone lost in the bar -- it was buried within a faux iPhone 3gs case to disguise it. This case must have prevented the sort of antennae finger touching that is interferring with reception.

An ironic denouement to an infamous story.

Schadenfreude is a btch -- eh Steve ??.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Oh wow, that is a major issue... And it's not like you have to hold it a weird way to make it happen.

The way they are holding it is pretty normal for a cellphone...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    [url= 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?[/url]

Check out all the videos they have.
    Haha, this looks bad, or is it bhaaaaaad(for the sheep). This just goes to show, what steve j says is the absolute truth, yeah right!

Can't wait to see this super battery saving multi-tasking.....lol
    When i heard of how the antenna was my first thought was that "what if you touch it" Its gotta be just like touching a TV antenna sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts the signal. Either way i think it should be something to avoid especially when the iphone already has reception issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    When i heard of how the antenna was my first thought was that "what if you touch it" Its gotta be just like touching a TV antenna sometimes it helps and sometimes it hurts the signal. Either way i think it should be something to avoid especially when the iphone already has reception issues.
    thought the same

They must have figured that one hand would not land on the "wrong" parts of the bands.

I expect that they may start to ship the iPhone 4 with plastic bumpers.

The fan-boy faithful will cheer yet another generous "feature" coming from Cupertino ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Wow. This reminds me of my Handspring Edge. That was a PDA with a lot of potential for its time that seemed to have a fatal flaw (susceptibility to static electricity). The best laid plans of mice and men...
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    straight up but people will over look that just because it's Apple and still buy it and do whatever they need to, to work around the issue so they stay trendy lol..
    Wow that is absolutely scary. Apple has had lackluster performance on ATT for forever and now Apple R&D has added to ATT connectivity problems.

How could Apple and ATT missed this or was this a manufacturer blunder pushed by motivation?

I guess we will never know what really happened, but this is a significant blunder by Apple and will need to be fixed FAST. Yikes, it reminder me of our original Palm Pre Battery problems and using a business card as a shim to hold it in place.

Can you imagine iPhone 4 users with taping the edge of their phones with Duck Tape to fix this problem? LOL Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    straight up but people will over look that just because it's Apple and still buy it and do whatever they need to, to work around the issue so they stay trendy lol..
    That's true...

This is a major issue though. As I said before, it's not like you need to hold the phone is a really strange way for it to lose signal. It happens when you hold the phone like you normally would...

A free bumper case would prevent it from happening, but that is a just a band-aid for a major hardware flaw...
    the phone won't look near as good with a rubber on it.. lame.

You think they could have just put a mm of plastic around the edge (hiding the lines too)

Hmm might be ios4?? 3g with issue:
    ps yellow spots too: http://gizmodo.com/5571143/some-ipho...ands-and-spots
    Last edited by IcerC; 06/23/2010 at 09:01 PM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    the phone won't look near as good with a rubber on it.. lame.

You think they could have just put a mm of plastic around the edge (hiding the lines too)

Hmm might be ios4?? 3g with issue:
    ps yellow spots too: iPhone 4 Displays Have Yellow Discoloration Bands and Spots
    While things are looking pretty bad for the new iphone right now, we really can't judge it based on the first batch of devices. I'm curious how Apple is going to respond to these reports though...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I just grabbed the pre tight and got it to 1x..(full 3g area) but some of the iphone vids are done with just one finger.. thus hardware issue.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    No, there's two antennae on the outside, not one. The issue only occurs when you connect the two by touch, thereby crossing the signals.
    not a problem. Steve-O has simply creatwd a new difinition for 'hands free' and this is how he forces iPhreaks to do it his way.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Is it wrong that I just wanna laugh like Nelson from The Simpsons regarding this issue?
    No really, that sux..

Is there a twitter contest or something going on that I don't know about? Gettin a ton of RT sayin: "Anyone else see the irony of those in line for new #iPhone being able to do almost nothing else while they do that one task? #webOS"

Oh great, now the lines at AT&T are on my local news. Wow.. .
    some type of issue with ios4
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Better a software vs a hardware issue for sure.
    What a mess though..

Yaaa check him out.. The next PalmCast should be interesting..
    Shhh...its a feature!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast