Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BARYE!!!

Thats the funniest thing Ive heard so far today... but the day is still young!

Was THIS something like the face he had?? I think I SAW that guy too

Wonder if he is happy OR in PAIN

I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Barye, many people stretch things in a conversation to embellish their point but do you have to do it in such a (gulp) painful way? Ha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    Barye, many people stretch things in a conversation to embellish their point but do you have to do it in such a (gulp) painful way? Ha ha

as an old friend Cell, you perhaps are concerned about how BARYE is fairing -- him being a first class celebrity and all that that entails. Whether the stresses of his fame and infamy have come to wear the old simian down.

Well as I said in another thread recently, I am coping, it all comes with the territory:

The sycophants, the fans, staff who are afraid to tell you the truth, the pressure to always be brilliant, always be beautiful.

The drugs, the ravenous girls who won't let you sleep, the alcohol, the endless snacking (human brains are so so fattening), the travel, the sex addiction ...

Am I a role model -- is BARYE proud of the way he's lead his life ??

Damn straight I am ...

Oh, and one more thing -- if I can possibly paraphrase my good friend Steve.

As no doubt you and all his dear old friends know -- someone as exalted as BARYE cannot afford the luxury of favoritism -- his magnificent and long earned reputation for incorruptibility requires that rules be applied equally -- without fear or favor.

I refer of course, to the first rule in referencing BARYE, as annunciated in this message to another of BARYE’s human friends:

following BARYE’s glorious inevitable imperial restoration, any pitiable human impertinent enough to write “Barye” will be “persuaded” to bite off their opposable thumb and use the bloody digit to write BARYE with the appropriate level of respect and awe it deserves -- in all caps !!! ...
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/27/2010 at 04:04 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    how they road tested -- never using the iphone 4 naked (always within faux 3gs sarcophigus) contributed to this idiotic design being unobserved.

This critical seam could just as easily have been put onto the top edge where even your evil left hand could not have bridged the antennas
    The NYTimes -- (without attributing BARYE !!!) has published an article that agrees with my theory about how the problem went undiscovered during development:

Did Disguising the iPhone 4 Mask a Temperamental Antenna?
    NYTimes By MIGUEL HELFT
    June 25, 2010, 7:46 pm

Did Apple know before this week that there is a right way and a wrong way to hold the iPhone 4?

The incorrect left-handed way, which even Steve Jobs has been known to use, apparently can cause “attenuation” of the phone’s antenna performance, the Apple spokesman Steve Dowling told me on Thursday. When I asked Mr. Dowling whether Apple knew about this before the iPhone 4 got into the hands of hundreds of thousands of consumers, he declined to answer.

Here is a theory of why the company may not have detected the problem. Apple engineers tested the iPhone 4 on and off Apple’s campus. On campus, Apple presumably has good enough reception to mask any problems. Apple is, after all, AT&T’s most important handset partner. And when Apple sent prototypes for off-campus testing, those handsets were concealed inside cases that made them look like the iPhone 3GS. That, at least, was Apple how sent out the now-famous iPhone 4 prototype that walked into a bar in Silicon Valley and got lost. And as Apple said Thursday, a case is one way to get around the problems with the antenna...
    I don't like cases or skins.
    I'm going to give mine a couple coats of clear.
    following BARYE’s glorious inevitable imperial restoration, any pitiable human impertinent enough to write “Barye” will be “persuaded” to bite off their opposable thumb and use the bloody digit to write BARYE with the appropriate level of respect and awe it deserves -- in all caps !!! ...
    BARYE, my opposable thumbs and I give thanks for the modest reminder.

Here is a theory of why the company may not have detected the problem. Apple engineers tested the iPhone 4 on and off Apple’s campus. On campus, Apple presumably has good enough reception to mask any problems. Apple is, after all, AT&T’s most important handset partner. And when Apple sent prototypes for off-campus testing, those handsets were concealed inside cases that made them look like the iPhone 3GS. That, at least, was Apple how sent out the now-famous iPhone 4 prototype that walked into a bar in Silicon Valley and got lost. And as Apple said Thursday, a case is one way to get around the problems with the antenna...
    Sounds totally plausible. Kind of funny actually. An alternative theory could be that Steve Jobs wanted to give iphone 4 users an 'unofficial' way to get out of a phone call.

Example

.........wow, what a fascinating conversation we're having, I wish it could go on and on (placing left fingers on the left lower corner of iphone) wow, are you there? can you hear me(pressing again) I think the phone connection is breaking up (pressing longer) well thanks for calling..........
    Last edited by cellmatrix; 06/27/2010 at 07:10 PM.
    Best Image EVER!!

BEST THREAD EVER!! You HAVE to read this on on MacRumors. The outright fear and disgust at this issue is PRICELESS!! This is a bookmarker for sure!

iPhone 4 Reception Issue? [Video] - Mac Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MacRumors Apple Fan.boy
    This is exactly what I'm getting. It's a great phone when left on the table, but the moment you pick it up, it's a paperweight. I've had more dropped and failed calls today with the 4 than I ever had with the previous iPhones combined. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The antennas for mobile phones are commonly located at the bottom of the handset so as to keep it as far away from the brain as possible. Does it matter? I don't know but I think there would be a difference holding a light bulb (radiant energy emitter) against my skull vs having it 4 inches away.
    I'm sure you know more than BARYE about the cell radiation, antennae location, and brains -- (BARYE don't know squat)

I have a several questions:

1. are most cell towers are up high ?? (or are they normally located near our left foot ??)

2. If they are located up high -- would it not make sense to have the antennae located on the phone's highest point ??

If the cell towers in your location are not located near your left foot, it might seem that the most direct path to the tower would also mean the least transmission through your brain.

3. If there is something that makes it bad to have the antennae seam on top, what makes the bottom left be inherently superior to the true bottom of the ip4 ??

BTW -- I have heard rumors that the newest production runs are coating the antennae bands with a clear non-conductive layer (like nail polish). If true, would the lacquer hold up to being in contact with hands and sweat ?

Will Steve recall the uncoated early units ?? (possibly a million+ phones)
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/01/2010 at 12:43 PM.
    3. If there is something that makes it bad to have the antennae seam on top, what makes the bottom left be inherently superior to the true bottom of the ip4 ?? ...
    From a CNET article, it appears that putting an antennae on the bottom of a phone is normal -- a position that addresses FCC radiation concerns.

Had Apple deigned to position the antennae seam on the bottom of the iP4, the lefty holding issue never would have arisen ...

June 25, 2010
    iPhone 4 antenna issue: User error or design flaw?
    by Erica Ogg CNET

...Many phone makers have put the internal antenna near the bottom back of the phone. Apple did this with previous versions of the iPhone. ...

The Motorola i1, HTC Nexus One, and Palm Pre have bottom-facing antennas as well. In CNET's own testing we did not experience a drop in reception or audio clarity even when we held the phones with our hand in the antenna area.

Quick fixes
    It's been suggested that there are ways to fix the antenna issue. Putting a piece of tape over the antenna area in the lower left corner of the phone, or buying a rubber case, as Apple has suggested. But it's certainly not very customer friendly to suggest that after paying $199 or $299 for a phone that you also need to pay $30 to fix a possible design flaw...
    1. are most cell towers are up high ?? (or are they normally located near our left foot ??)
    Up high, because if they were down low the signal would get blocked by things near the ground. If they're up high, the signal can "penetrate" low areas better.
    Another reason they're up high is because if you put them down low, the signal will bounce off other things, and the signal will arrive at an antenna (either the base or a mobile) at two (or more) different times resulting in an effect called multipath. This is not a good thing.
    Also, I laughed when I saw on Engadget that "Apple [is] hiring iPhone antenna engineers for some reason"
    This should be merged with this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...enna-band.html
    I'm sure you know more than BARYE about the cell radiation, antennae location, and brains -- (BARYE don't know squat) ...

1. are most cell towers are up high ?? (or are they normally located near our left foot ??) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Taco View Post
    Up high, because if they were down low the signal would get blocked by things near the ground. If they're up high, the signal can "penetrate" low areas better.
    Another reason they're up high is because if you put them down low, the signal will bounce off other things, and the signal will arrive at an antenna (either the base or a mobile) at two (or more) different times resulting in an effect called multipath. This is not a good thing.
    Thank you so so much -- until now I had thought all cell towers were very possibly located near my left foot -- good to know the truth ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    This should be merged with this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...enna-band.html
    Our thread came first -- yours should merge with ours !!
    Our thread came first -- yours should merge with ours !!
    Mine has more replies and reads so... neener neener neener
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Mine has more replies and reads so... neener neener neener
    ours is funnier -- and goes up to 11 !!

its a national crisis -- pretending otherwise solves nothing ...

Apple -- always the innovator -- has announced that they have expanded their "genius" support to now include the "Friend bar" at all Apple stores -- a place where Apple obsessed fanboiis can discuss the wonders of Apple products with specially trained Apple Geniuses -- available for free to anyone with an Apple Care account

(thanks to Workerb33 for this discovery)

New Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At About Mac Products | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
    Last edited by BARYE; 07/09/2010 at 05:59 PM.
    Apple -- always the innovator -- has announced that they have expanded their "genius" support to now include the "Friend bar" at all Apple stores -- a place to discuss with specially trained Apple Geniuses the wonders of Apple products -- available for free to anyone with an Apple Care warranty

(thanks to Workerb33 for this discovery)

New Apple Friend Bar Gives Customers Someone To Talk At About Mac Products | The Onion - America's Finest News Source | Onion News Network
    You know what the Onion News Network does - right? It's all jest but an interesting view on what could happen next.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast