Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hands-free operation is no longer a feature, it is a requirement. I love it!
    Wow... as if people with iPhones didn't hate AT&T enough already.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hands-free operation is no longer a feature, it is a requirement. I love it!
    Innovation.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I just grabbed the pre tight and got it to 1x..(full 3g area) but some of the iphone vids are done with just one finger.. thus hardware issue.
    I've always had this issue with my Pre if I hold it around the keyboard area. It'll drop down to nearly NO signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Innovation.
    It's MAGICAL and REVOLUTIONARY!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Damn Faraday Cages...er I mean hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    No, there's two antennae on the outside, not one. The issue only occurs when you connect the two by touch, thereby crossing the signals.
    I believe that there are 3 discreet antennae (wifi, bt, cell)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Hilarious

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    The bonding agent sound like a reasonable culprit for the yellow screen issue. But also, couldn't the yellow spots be heat blooming. My old iPhone got yellow tinted heat blooms from time to time if the phone go really hot but they went away as the phone cooled.
    Its A Pretty Cool Feature: You Grab The New iPhone 4 and It Magically Becomes An iPod Touch

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    the problem originates when the iPhone is held by the left hand

Steve has announced that for the protection of its users, Apple will hence forth ban left hands from holding the iPhone 4 ---

This a well documented long understood issue -- the left hand is the devil's hand -- nun's have for generations punished school children for writing with their left hand for a reason.

if the issue persists Apple may consider providing left hand amputation (a service to be provided at only a modest charge at your friendly Apple store)

(Ned Flanders will not be buying an iPhone 4)
    Last edited by BARYE; 06/24/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    One of the first threads I always start in these forums is; 'How's Your Reception?'

The Gsm Pre has great reception.
    I hear the new Aria gets fantastic reception.

I've said it for years; what good is all this 'coolness' stuff your phone can do if it's worst feature is being a phone?
    If it's just a software issue, how can you explain the speed test results? There was a clear drop in bandwidth during the tests, sometimes not even able to finish the test.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    one if the youtube videos shows this issue on a 3G (not Gs) phone. Sounds like a software issue, or it would have surface on older hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    the problem originates when the iPhone is held by the left hand

Steve has announced that for the protection of its users, Apple will hence forth ban left hands from holding the iPhone 4 ---

This a well documented long understood issue -- the left hand is the devil's hand -- nun's have for generations punished school children for writing with their left hand for a reason.

if the issue persists Apple may consider providing left hand amputation (a service to be provided at only a modest charge at your friendly Apple store)

(Ned Flanders will not be buying an iPhone 4)

Its finally been determined that its true, Steve hates lefties --

But there are several workaround steps to try, short of amputating your offending satanic hand:

1. scotch tape covering the intersection of the left bottom antennas

2. clear nail polish over that section of the left bottom antennas

3. paying Steve another $30 for the rubber bumper they are conveniently offering direct from Apple -- unlike in the past when accessories like that only came from 3rd parties

This is definitively a non-software issue -- its 2 antennas becoming bridged in an unintended way.

awesome design Steve ...
  17.    #37  
    Am I the only one who thinks this is great? Go Palm, uh HP!
    extraordinary.

This problem conceivably could have been missed or under appreciated because of the way they road "tested" the iPhone 4. Recall the phone lost in the bar -- it was buried within a faux iPhone 3gs case to disguise it. This case must have prevented the sort of antennae finger touching that is interferring with reception.

An ironic denouement to an infamous story.

Schadenfreude is a btch -- eh Steve ??.
    how they road tested -- never using the iphone 4 naked (always within faux 3gs sarcophigus) contributed to this idiotic design being unobserved.

This critical seam could just as easily have been put onto the top edge where even your evil left hand could not have bridged the antennas
    how they road tested -- never using the iphone 4 naked (always within faux 3gs sarcophigus) contributed to this idiotic design being unobserved.

This critical seam could just as easily have been put onto the top edge where even your evil left hand could not have bridged the antennas
    My theory is that left-handed use has always been banned at apple, so this use case was never tested. They don't test flash, either...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast