1.    #1  
    Wanted to post up and introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a while. I just got my Pre Plus for AT&T yesterday. I've had iPhones since they came out. The Pre is going to take some getting used to, I think it's a great phone so far. My first day with it was great, except for the battery, it lasted about 4 hours on the first charge. I was playing with it constantly though, the screen never shut off. I added Preware and installed a bunch of patches. You guys that make those, thanks a bunch, it made my phone a lot more useable. I also put the IM patches on it.

I have a lot to learn, and want to be a contributing member here.
    Welcome!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Welcome to Pre|Central! You seem to already have an understanding of the basics; That's always a good thing.

If you need any help with anything, don't be afraid to ask.
    Welcome to Precentral and the world of webOS. The battery life will continue to improve and stabilize after about a week.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    welcome. I'm curious, what made you switch?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    welcome. I'm curious, what made you switch?
    I can't post the link yet, but it's the Foxconn suicides. I can't get behind people killing themselves, working to put a device in my hands. My wife still has her 3G,
    I pretty much have her talked into a Pixi.
  7.    #7  
    Got my touchstone today! I swear, I was gonna break that little battery door. Also, put a Skinomi screen protector on.

I use my phone for mostly messaging. IM, text, email, Facebook. I rarely use the phone. (My wife is the minute user on our plan. ) I also use it for multimedia. I put music, tv shows, and movies on it. I'm not much of a gamer, but I like games I can play for a few minutes at a time when I get a sec, like Doodle Jump, Moxie, etc.

Do you guys have any recommendations for apps/patches/hacks that I might like?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimerGod View Post
    Got my touchstone today! I swear, I was gonna break that little battery door. Also, put a Skinomi screen protector on.

I use my phone for mostly messaging. IM, text, email, Facebook. I rarely use the phone. (My wife is the minute user on our plan. ) I also use it for multimedia. I put music, tv shows, and movies on it. I'm not much of a gamer, but I like games I can play for a few minutes at a time when I get a sec, like Doodle Jump, Moxie, etc.

Hi,welcome.

As for apps/patches/etc, there are so many different choices. I wouldn't know which one to suggest first. (: Just take your time and browse through. Thanks again for chosen the best operating system.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimerGod View Post

Depends on what you already have installed, but the battery percent patch, the 4X4 launch screen, both messaging and email landscape patches, LED notification patch, and the Govnah/Uberkernel overclocking pair are all pretty useful. I also like the delete from notification, Hide NASCAR and NFL, and virtual keyboard patches are all nice as well. One of the ones I use the most is the read/delete all email patch. For apps, Preware is an essential, and I like Agenda, Facebook, Where, and the Pre Backup utility are great. My Tether is OK, but at times vexing. But it does work and once you get it set up, it's well worth the "donation" needed for the donor app. And almost forgot the "roam only" patch, which is really excellent in non-Sprint areas in terms of protecting your battery life.