Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Al who?

Edit: The democrats here in SC are a little gun shy of anyone named "Al" lately.
    No.....avoiding politics today if I can. But...oops....you almost got me....but not going there today. Let's all hold hands though and rock back and forth together, okay?
    Sounds to me like you started down the political path already...
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Sounds to me like you started down the political path already...
    Well...after I posted it....just seemed to good to pass up. There are some people here thinking that people voted for Al Greene because his name looked like the singer Al Green.....doh! The funny thing is the other democrat was Vic Rawl....so....a lot of humor flying around that the democrats apparently liked Al Green better than Lou Rawls. Can't make this stuff up.....
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrunner View Post
    You're not pulling a Joe Barton, are you?
    Nope no apologies....and won't comment on that one. Sorry!

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Well...after I posted it....just seemed to good to pass up. There are some people here thinking that people voted for Al Greene because his name looked like the singer Al Green.....doh! The funny thing is the other democrat was Vic Rawl....so....a lot of humor flying around that the democrats apparently liked Al Green better than Lou Rawls. Can't make this stuff up.....
    News Flash...people voted for Barak Obama because he is half-black (not everyone who voted for him showed that bias, though)!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    hmmmm golf and to a lesser degree baseball.... bill cosby summed it up best, ( i am pulling this from memory now )
    Why would anyone watch golf,,, a fat guy stands on a flat grassy area, winds up and hits a little white ball,,,, then the camera pans across a normally blue and white sky with a tiny white ball flying across the sky,,, all the while the announcers are whispering lol ... hmmmm now ill play the game.. but watching it.. naw.. rather go kick that rabid polar bear that has been wandering around down town Toronto in the a s s... baseball to watch is not much better.. but i do like the pitchers duels.. you know the scoreless games where the two pitchers try to out do the other by striking everyone out... gosh i can hear me snoring already.. lolol to be fair.. watching soccer is no better. lolol but thats just me..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Not everyone is watching that....didn't even know we were playing today....is that event still going on? Shouldn't everyone be getting ready for the College Baseball World Series in Omaha????

Any fans of these schools: Arizona State Sun Devils, SC Gamecocks, Florida Gators, TCU Horned Frogs, Oklahoma Sooners, UCLA Bruins, Florida State Seminoles, or the CLEMSON TIGERS?

All I know is that if the Gators win....oh geez....I'll never hear the end of it from davidra...and the Gators are definitely a favorite to win it. My Tigers....well....not sure how we made it to Omaha (well, I know we tore through a couple of Alabama teams, but I mean I'm surprised we made it), but either my Tigers or the Horned Frogs are probably the least likely to win it....but....college baseball is crazy! GO TIGERS!!!!!

And....let's not forget the US Open.
    Amazing. You are wrong about everything.

2010 College Baseball World Series Odds to Win Arizona State Favored
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And you, as usual, can't read Go look at my sentence doc.....did I say the Gators were THE favorite? Nope, I said the Gators were "a favorite". Based on the odds makers, aren't the Gators up there? So, of the favorites to win (AZ ST, UCLA, and the Gators), aren't the Gators "a favorite"? Rather than always looking for something wrong in everything.....just have a beer, ok? Good golly miss molly.....you even try and correct me when I'm saying something good about your team.

Besides....my bro-in-law is a pretty good judge of baseball talent. He was at the 3 game series between the Gamecocks and Gators at the end of the season and so he has seen the Gators in person (Gators won 2 of the 3). He likes the talent and pitching depth of the Gators. College baseball is very whacky, so anything can happen, but I think he feels the Gators are a big favorite....and why the oddsmakers have them as a favorite to win.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Is everybody that busy today?
    Can't speak for everybody, but I was. I was helping one of my juniors clean up a bunch of loose ends from migrating a law office's network.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Davidra....not sure the oddsmakers are very good at this either. Clemson took care of # 1 seed and the oddsmaker's favorite to win it all, AZ State, today.....and then the # 3 team was sent a packing by FSU. I gotta admit I expected the Gators to hang around a little longer in Omaha...but...later gator. Tigers got a tough game tomorrow, OU. Arizona State still has a chance, but they have a tough game with the Gamecocks tomorrow. Either the Gamecocks or AZ State will be heading home. It's just a shame that the Gators were the first team to head home, huh?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    It's just a shame that the Gators were the first team to head home, huh?
    I haven't followed the Gators through their season or in recent history, but it is a shame. Sometimes the Gators just don't have the bite people would expect them to have.

But on another home front, they are still a top 10 football team
    I know everyone is on pins and needles (especially davidra), but the Clemson Tigers are still alive in the Winners Bracket with a win over OU today. Just one win away from the Championship Series. Of course, this could be deja vue all over again if our rival Gamecocks beat OU tomorrow to advance. In 2002 all we had to do was beat the Gamecocks once in 2 games and the dreaded Gamecocks beat us two straight. Could be the same scenario (grrrrrrrrrrrr).

I know you guys are all into this goofy World Cup junk, but nothing like having your college team down to the Final 4 in the CWS! GO TIGERS!!!!

Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The off-topic forum seems to move slowly on Fridays... coincidence?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsburnham View Post
    The off-topic forum seems to move slowly on Fridays... coincidence?
    I think most people that post in Off-Topic, especially with those political threads, post from their PC at work and alot of people try to take Fridays off during the summer.
    I heard all the groans in here last night when Clemson lost to the dreaded Gamecocks to end their stay in the CWS. Congrats to the Gamecocks, they were the better team (geez I hate admitting that) and will give UCLA a good run for the title. Anyway, my Tigers did finish in the Final 4 so not bad for a team that looked dead in the water back in April. GO BRUINS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123