Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    We likely would have come through Of course, who knows how history would have gone from there....would we have just disappeared or come back fighting again? My bet, we would have come back fighting again. So, your comment assumes quite a bit. But, we'll never know....bottom line....we saved the Brit's and the French's a** when it was our turn to come up to bat...and...I might add, we did it while distracted by the pesky Japanese.
    Just like the French… they do us one favor and then hold it over our heads for the next three Centuries.
    Back to the original topic:

Soccer = boring

Cars turning left, driving in circles = fascinating!!!

This is how Americans think...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    what would you define as "meaningful" ?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    This is how Americans think...
    How they.... what?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    you've totally lost me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    We likely would have come through Of course, who knows how history would have gone from there....would we have just disappeared or come back fighting again? My bet, we would have come back fighting again. So, your comment assumes quite a bit. But, we'll never know....bottom line....we saved the Brit's and the French's a** when it was our turn to come up to bat...and...I might add, we did it while distracted by the pesky Japanese.

By the way.....what is "loosing and loosing badly" mean? You might have to feed me some food on that.
    the same could be said for the french and the british,, who knows.. perhaps they could have fought their way free.. with dumb dumb da fuher,, attacking russia,, anything was possible. so then what..

considering the attack on pearl harbor,, ololol fact,, it was a secondary theatre much to the U.S navy's chagrin, if h i t l e r had not of declared war on the US, there was considerable movement in the US not to get involved in Europe. Something that Rosevelt actually considered. H i t l e r took that out of your hands by declaring war on the US.
    I do not nor will I ever say or think that what the US did during the 2nd world war was anything less then what the rest of the world did. You as a people fought hard and in the end were probably a good part of the reason Germany lost. However, to say that the rest of the Commonwealth and the world did not do their share was is wrong. I have heard some americans say that very thing, that you and you alone fought and won that war.. i might point out, and I lost family, that you were not alone over in Europe or in the Pacific.
    And as to the french, wellllll we have em here in Canada,, sooooooooo
    Last edited by xForsaken; 06/15/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    How they.... what?
    When/where did I say "they?"
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Must be semantics game day.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    the same could be said for the french and the british,, who knows.. perhaps they could have fought their way free.. with dumb dumb da fuher,, attacking russia,, anything was possible. so then what..

considering the attack on pearl harbor,, ololol fact,, it was a secondary theatre much to the U.S navy's chagrin, if h i t l e r had not of declared war on the US, there was considerable movement in the US not to get involved in Europe. Something that Rosevelt actually considered. H i t l e r took that out of your hands by declaring war on the US.
    I do not nor will I ever say or think that what the US did during the 2nd world war was anything less then what the rest of the world did. You as a people fought hard and in the end were probably a good part of the reason Germany lost. However, to say that the rest of the Commonwealth and the world did not do their share was is wrong. I have heard some americans say that very thing, that you and you alone fought and won that war.. i might point out, and I lost family, that you were not alone over in Europe or in the Pacific.
    And as to the french, wellllll we have em here in Canada,, sooooooooo
    Yup....would have loved to have seen how the European Theater would have turned out without the aid of the United States. I'm glad we did as I don't think it would have turned out too well. I never said that many other countries (yes, including Canada) didn't help out, but I think if you pull the US out of the picture, it would not have been pretty. Just my opinion.....and by the way.....please keep them thar French in Canada.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345