1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I bid on some stuff on ebay and the P&P was the usual "delivered within 5 working days" that you'd expect. So I won the auction, paid the cash and then got an email from the seller saying "on holiday will post on 26th june".

So I won't actually get it for like 19 days - if I'd known that I would never have bid. Is there anything I can do? Ebay's "Contact us" service doesn't seem to have a category for this problem to fit into.

Thanks in advance
    I suppose that technically you could back out of the deal given that the terms will not be met. Or you could give the guy the benefit of the doubt and see if it hits the post on the 26th.

I accidentally did this once, as in put something on action and forgot about and left on holiday. I offered to refund the guy but he was okay with the delay.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'd be wary of the on holiday message though... Sounds like a million Craig's List scams.

I suppose if the person has great feedback I'd trust him/her... If the person doesn't have much feedback at all or has a lot of neg I'd try to get my money back.

Then again I don't use eBay... so take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses - the seller does have a pretty solid feedback rate. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I suppose it's an easy mistake to make - still a bit annoyed though haha.
    Just make sure his "till the 26th" doesn't push you out of some sort of refund/cancellation time window. Scammers are geniuses when it comes to taking folk's money.