Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 140
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    An ACTOR...
    .....no, he wasn't acting when he was a 2 term Governor of the largest state in the Union, nor was he acting when he served 2 terms as President of the Greatest Country in the World.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Arguably, the best qualified in recent history, but the argument can be made that leading a business does not equal leading a nation. A CEO has to worry about profits while a leader has to worry about his people. Not really the same.
    Boy, you made it pretty clear that you are anti-business. Evil, evil business leaders. How dare someone get experience running a private business....get away from that guy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Nothing wrong with that.
    I don't believe I did question Clinton's experience. Quite a difference in his resume and Obama's though, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    I noticed you did not mention all of the businesses of his that were set up by his father for him to run, that all failed. "Spoiled rich kid" does not equal experience. (FYI Texas is also rewriting our kids history books and talks of succession. Voting for W. twice is not very impressive.)
    Yes.....he had failures, not many leaders don't have failures (I will agree Obama's are adding up). But he went from those failures, and became the only Governor in TX history to be elected to 2 consecutive terms and then elected for 2 consecutive terms as President. That just goes to show you what early failures will get you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    "Teacher" meaning constitutional law professor. Also, for what it is worth, he is a "rags to riches" story which I thought was the American dream, right?
    Yes....that is what we need is "rags to riches" people to lead the country....except....Obama has done nothing to get there except write a book and fool people into thinking he was a man of change. Turns out he is nothing but change we could have lived without.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    And again I ask, why is an experienced conservative good while an experienced democrat is bad? By using your logic, we should always vote for the incumbent.
    And again, I'll say that I did not knock Clinton and his experience. You really don't see a difference between Clinton's experience in leading a state and Obama leading a class on Constitutional law? Really? No difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    But using your logic, Obama will have the most experience to be president. 4 years to be exact. 4 years MORE than Romney.
    The sad thing is even with his 4 years, he would still not be able to touch Romney's experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    Obama will enjoy your vote, THANKS!!!
    Well....couldn't vote for a socialist....sorry.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    .....no, he wasn't acting when he was a 2 term Governor of the largest state in the Union, nor was he acting when he served 2 terms as President of the Greatest Country in the World.
    He was an ACTOR that arguably did more damage to the US as president than W.

    Boy, you made it pretty clear that you are anti-business. Evil, evil business leaders. How dare someone get experience running a private business....get away from that guy!
    How is stating that running a business not the same as running a country, mean I am anti-business?

    Yes.....he had failures, not many leaders don't have failures (I will agree Obama's are adding up). But he went from those failures, and became the only Governor in TX history to be elected to 2 consecutive terms and then elected for 2 consecutive terms as President. That just goes to show you what early failures will get you.
    LOL He was given 3-4 turnkey oil businesses, from his oil baron dad, and he ran them all into the ground! Now given your earlier argument that business exp. = leadership skills, this should have been a HUGE red flag to you.

    Yes....that is what we need is "rags to riches" people to lead the country....except....Obama has done nothing to get there except write a book and fool people into thinking he was a man of change. Turns out he is nothing but change we could have lived without.
    So what has Obama changed that you feel is hurting our country? Be specific...

    And again, I'll say that I did not knock Clinton and his experience. You really don't see a difference between Clinton's experience in leading a state and Obama leading a class on Constitutional law? Really? No difference?
    Please point out where I said that...

    The sad thing is even with his 4 years, he would still not be able to touch Romney's experience.

    Well....couldn't vote for a socialist....sorry.
    Thus proving that all you have are the standard "ZOMG, HE'Z A SOCIALIST!!!!! talking points, proving that you have no idea as to what socialism really is...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  3. #83  
    Do you think you are going to change my opinion regarding his socialist agenda? Really? Why keep acting like your "words of wisdom" are going to change my opinion on that? Even the mighty davidra couldn't accomplish that. There are sooooo many quotes from Obama about his agenda.....my favorite is when he wasn't on his faithful teleprompter (his kryptonite, not using the teleprompter, gets him to say what HE really thinks) and expressed his belief in "spreading the wealth". He believes in spreading the wealth around....taking from one group....and giving it to another. Do you deny that he said that?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Do you think you are going to change my opinion regarding his socialist agenda? Really? Why keep acting like your "words of wisdom" are going to change my opinion on that? Even the mighty davidra couldn't accomplish that. There are sooooo many quotes from Obama about his agenda.....my favorite is when he wasn't on his faithful teleprompter (his kryptonite, not using the teleprompter, gets him to say what HE really thinks) and expressed his belief in "spreading the wealth". He believes in spreading the wealth around....taking from one group....and giving it to another. Do you deny that he said that?
    Do you pay taxes? Seems to me you do that yourself every year, don't you? Or have you forgotten about that? Does the SC legislature take your state income taxes and use it for Medicaid? Bet they do.
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    No, they picked an actual war veteran that the Republicans were all to happy to run an untrue smear campaign on, to get Daddy's little draft dodger back in office...
    Sounds alot like sour grapes to me!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Sounds alot like sour grapes to me!
    So a campaign against a war veteran that is not based on any kind of truth OK with you?

    FWIW: It is just like all of the anti-Obama nonsense posted here!!! Just sour grapes....
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Do you pay taxes? Seems to me you do that yourself every year, don't you? Or have you forgotten about that? Does the SC legislature take your state income taxes and use it for Medicaid? Bet they do.
    Yes....I pay taxes....just sent in a nice quarterly tax check yesterday, as a matter of fact I have never said I shouldn't pay taxes....please find the post where I said "I should not have to pay taxes". I will look forward to seeing that post. What Obama is all about, is taking a particular group of people, those that have been particularly successful, and taking additional money from them in order to give it to others in the form of lower taxes or additional benefits. I am not opposed to charity at all, and as I have said on several occasions, I gave to charity more in one year than what Joe Biden did in 10 years (not releasing my tax records, but google Biden's tax returns and you will see a ridiculously low amount given to charity by Biden). Oh and yes, Biden makes more than me (grrrrr, the government does pay well!). But anyway, I have no problem paying my "fair share" of taxes, but Obama and the liberals believe that certain groups (of which I am normally not in) should be taxed even more even though they pay an amazingly high percentage of the over all tax burden already. I am also in favor of people being able to voluntarily pay additional taxes if they want...in fact...I encourage all wealthy liberals to lead by example.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So a campaign against a war veteran that is not based on any kind of truth OK with you?

    FWIW: It is just like all of the anti-Obama nonsense posted here!!! Just sour grapes....
    what anti-Obama nonsense? I love the guy. He sucks as president, but he's a great guy personally, I'm sure.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrunner View Post
    As you've been told before, your beliefs precede your opinions, therefore your growth is stunted by your own hand.
    You know....I realize there are many definitions of socialism. I must admit I haven't seen a term that is defined in so many different ways....quite amazing. You apparently believe in the definitions that slant it in one direction and I apparently believe in the definitions that slant it another way.

    Here are 2 definitions from a well known dictionary: 1) any of various economic and political theories advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods 2) a : a system of society or group living in which there is no private property b : a system or condition of society in which the means of production are owned and controlled by the state

    Now....you will disagree that Obama has this as his agenda, and that is fine, you can have that opinion. But I simply would respectfully disagree with you.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    what anti-Obama nonsense? I love the guy. He sucks as president, but he's a great guy personally, I'm sure.
    Oh come on....you can't disagree with someone and not hate them.....davidra told me so.....and what davidra says is "gold"!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    What Obama is all about, is taking a particular group of people, those that have been particularly successful, and taking additional money from them in order to give it to others in the form of lower taxes or additional benefits.
    And your proof of that is?

    And the fact that the tax rate is lower than under Reagan means what in your mind? So the crux of your argument that Obama is a socialist is based on the fact that he MIGHT cause your income taxes to go up? Really....you're right, there are multiple different definitions of socialism. That is NONE of them.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    And your proof of that is?

    And the fact that the tax rate is lower than under Reagan means what in your mind? So the crux of your argument that Obama is a socialist is based on the fact that he MIGHT cause your income taxes to go up? Really....you're right, there are multiple different definitions of socialism. That is NONE of them.
    Why do you always say that about Reagan? It's just not true....go here: The Tax Foundation - U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1913-2010

    When Reagan was sworn in as Prez on 1/20/81, the highest joint tax rate was 70%!!!! So that was the rate when he arrived....in other words....he didn't set that. In 1982, he got it down to 50% max joint rate, and in 1988 he got it down to 28%! THIS IS A FACT. He couldn't just snap his fingers and get the tax rates down....if that was the case, Obama would have snapped his fingers by now and gotten it much higher by now. Bush 41 broke his "read my lips" pledge, and raised the top rate back to 31% (boooooo...which is why he likely lost to Clinton). Clinton raised the max tax rate to 39.6% in '93. Bush 43 lowered it back down to 35% in 2003. So please, please stop making it sound as if Reagan set the crazy 70% tax rate. Good grief....ask your wife!

    My proof? "....you see....I just want to spread the wealth around" as over heard as he tried to explain to Joe the Plumber about his plans.

    And good doc....are you willing to bet that Obama will not attempt to raise taxes? How do you fund all that he is going for and not raise taxes....it simply....will not....work. So you willing to bet he won't try? I'm hoping the DeMint's in DC can stop the socialist agenda....if not....even when you retire you will be grabbing your ankles for the tax man.....of course, you love taxes, so you'll likely enjoy that experience.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    ...My proof? "....you see....I just want to spread the wealth around" as over heard as he tried to explain to Joe the Plumber about his plans...
    So the whole basis of "Obama is a socialist" is based off of one sound bite that's from back in his campaign, almost 2years ago?

    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  14. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    So the whole basis of "Obama is a socialist" is based off of one sound bite that's from back in his campaign, almost 2years ago?
    No.... he's a laissez-faire capitalist who's in favor of a constitutionally limited government. Right?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No.... he's a laissez-faire capitalist who's in favor of a constitutionally limited government. Right?
    compared to ummm many other ummm socialist leaning leaders, hell hes a bastion of capitalism..
    as to constitutional limited govt, well, you will get that only so long as it suits the needs of the corps, the moment it no longer does, then you will go back to where you are now.. or some where in between.. or heck even further left... oh where or where is karl marx when you need him..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No.... he's a laissez-faire capitalist who's in favor of a constitutionally limited government. Right?


    lol to bad he's the prez so deal with it because you can't do nothin about it .. HA HA
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No.... he's a laissez-faire capitalist who's in favor of a constitutionally limited government. Right?
    Compared to actual socialist leaders... Yes, yes he is...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

    "I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  18. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    lol to bad he's the prez so deal with it because you can't do nothin about it .. HA HA
    he's a one-termer. deal with that
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #99  
    cool avatar btw, Ken
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    he's a one-termer. deal with that
    you don't kno that only time will tell
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions