View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it - let's start a revolution

113 61.08%
  • It's Goofy. I don't really see the point.

23 12.43%
  • I get it, but I reserve the right to get grumpy with people

49 26.49%
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi

Some of you know me as SqyArc, and some know me as errade. First off you should know that this is an experimental startup/recruitment and it's not for everyone!

The idea is this: If you're polite, kind and patient and you'd like to see the forums become a warmer and friendlier place, you can become a Precentral Peacekeeper - just add the Pre|Central Peacekeeper badge to your signature (instructions below), and start spreading the love

Choice of badges:
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Want to add a badge to your signature?
    1) (Old Picture badge click here for code)
    2) (New Picture badge click here for code)
    3) (Text-only version - click here for code)

I hope that as more and more people become a member of this 'elite' group, people will begin to realise that the 'Peacekeepers' are always helpful people and that they always have a good reputation. If the project is a success and we gain a good reputation as a group, then I'm hoping to be able to apply for us to get real Titles in the forums - it's all good for your online rep/status and it should help make the forums a brighter and friendlier place at the same time

Anyone can join but the only rule is: While your 'Peacekeeper' signature is active, you MUST:

1) Always be polite to people, patient and friendly.
    2) Always avoid insulting people or causing arguments
    3) Try to help people and answer their questions as often as possible

If you'd like to join up, just leave a comment here to introduce yourself and let us know who you are!
    Last edited by errade; 07/16/2010 at 04:15 AM.
    tmark86 and Sohan24 like this.
    Nice idea, but isn't that pretty much what the Forum Leader election was for?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Nice idea, but isn't that what the Forum Leader election was for?
    The Forum Leader election seems to be a dead project now. No one knows what happened to it... At least we got a few new Mods out of it.

@SqyArc

Excellent idea! I'd looking forward to seeing who joins.
    Nice initiative....the world could use more Peacekeepers.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Forum Leader election seems to be a dead project now. No one knows what happened to it... At least we got a few new Mods out of it.
    It's not dead...it's just that the fireworks are taking way longer then anticipated to ship in from China.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    It's not dead...it's just that the fireworks are taking way longer then anticipated to ship in from China.
    Oh... I see. Disregard my last post then lol
    I'm in...always try to help when I can & never saw a stupid question (as I remember some iffy one's from myself after launch day, lol!)...we're all human, well, except for Jason R.!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I'm in...always try to help when I can & never saw a stupid question (as I remember some iffy one's from myself after launch day, lol!)...we're all human, well, except for Jason R.!
    Glad to have you on board spudland
    Seriously thinking about joining with you. Some of the trolls and people who seem to get their jollies by picking arguments are making the forums unpleasant to read at times. Wish we could have a special debate forum where when you feel like debating the same issues over and over again you can post there until your fingers bleed.

A lot of us come to see what's new and get tips and other information and then we are forced to put up with some of the #@$#%# who post here.

(Oops! based on the above, I may not qualify )

C
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    (Oops! based on the above, I may not qualify )
    C
    You do and we'd be glad to have you
    don't know if I could compete really , to much talent around here for me .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hm Peace Central
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    don't know if I could compete really , to much talent around here for me .
    Shane, you'd be the perfect person for this. Not that you need a badge cos everyone know's you're one of the good guys (don't think I've ever seen you attack anyone - more than I can say for myself )
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    You do and we'd be glad to have you
    How many hour a week are required. I check in when I can but I can't haunt the forums all day - at least if I want to have a job
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    How many hour a week are required. I check in when I can but I can't haunt the forums all day - at least if I want to have a job
    Wow, nothing like that - you're not required to do anything other than continue using the forums as you normally do, but just do your best to be friendly whenever you're here.
    If Shane (shadavis08) doesn't qualify to be "peacekeeper", then NOBODY qualifies.

Shane should be the Spokesman.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If Shane (shadavis08) doesn't qualify to be "peacekeeper", then NOBODY qualifies.

Shane should be the Spokesman.
    Agreed 100%
  18. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I'm in! Great idea!
    Are my allowed to join?
    I know I don't know much and can be a little bit harsh sometimes but if I get the badge I will do my best to be friendly and helpful, and if I'm not I'll remove myself.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    I'm in! Great idea!
    Hi & welcome
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast