View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it - let's start a revolution

113 61.08%
  • It's Goofy. I don't really see the point.

23 12.43%
  • I get it, but I reserve the right to get grumpy with people

49 26.49%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. Nevermind, I withdraw!
    Ooh! That means we'll be still at it...huh? Hmm!
    I'm in, I'm tired of all the rudeness that's been going on.
    Thanks for the reminder. Nevermind, I withdraw!
    Oh the irony...
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Oh the irony...
    verwon's the Iron(y) Lady.
    Can't remove wrinkles without irony
    I'm proud to say... that I'm still and always will be a proud member of the Pre|Central peacekeepers. Unfortunately, because of circumstances beyond my control thus, resulting in me not wearing my badge at this time. However, I'm looking forward to wear my badge with great dignity in the near future.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    okay... trying again...

i'm in...
    Palm IV > Palm Treo 600 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre Plus > Nokia Lumia 920
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I didn't know we were at war on this forum!

Seems to me as forums go - this is already a calm place to post. There are already rules in place to keep posts civil and there are consequences for those that don't abide.

That being said there are many ways to discuss things and some people are more eloquent than others, some more brusque, some even comedic - but I've NEVER seen any out and out insulting, derogatory or nasty responses here.

Do we really have to take ALL personality out of our posts? MUST ALL posts be generic, mundane and without expression?

And just WHO is to say a post goes over the top (beyond what the rules already state)? What one person takes as an offense - may just be a simply jovial wittiness for another.

Doesn't the board allow us to BLOCK posts from members we don't want to see?

Judicious use of emoticons keeps many poor word usage in check - I don't think we need yet ONE MORE batch of people policing what we say!
    I just tend to send people PMs when I think they're doing something they shouldn't, no need to make anything public. If they think I'm right, they'll change, if they don't, they won't. Pure and simple. Otherwise, go ahead and express yourself all you want. Just keep down the profanity, I tend to not take to it.
    Down with the BourgeoisOS oppressors, webOS users unite!
    Happy to join in with the positivity squad
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    I'll do it. I don't see any reason to get annoyed with anyone, its a great community and there are so many people out there than can help. Pre|Central.net <3
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    I had to vote "I get it, but I reserve the right to get grumpy with people" because when you see morons^W people flood-posting to "get a link" to 'Psycho's "kernAl patches" ( ), it's next to impossible to not point out their idiocy^W wrong-doing.

M.
    Hello! I don't post all that often but I like to "creep" and "stalk" around the forums. However, I'd love to be apart of something that noble.
    You know, I figure I could do this. I stalk these forums quite frequently, and I do like to help out whenever I can. Count me in.
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    I am now in!
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I haven't seen this post before, but I agree with what you are trying to do. I know it's old, but I feel that these forums are a bit aggressive recently and would like to do something about it.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678