View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it - let's start a revolution

113 61.08%
  • It's Goofy. I don't really see the point.

23 12.43%
  • I get it, but I reserve the right to get grumpy with people

49 26.49%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I'm willing to help.
    This is an awesome idea! I'd love to join in. I'm just hoping I would "qualify"... by this I mean I hope I wouldn't be diminishing this. I can be pretty kind of grumpy and impatient sometimes. I'm usually polite though- I never pick an argument with other posters and I don't complain. I'm not rude. I'm just a bit... sarcastic sometimes. I don't to swear in the forums (and in the few times when I do, it's self-censored with dashes or asterisks) also. Does you think I'd be qualified for this? I'm all in favor of civility and reasonable, respectful debate and making the forums a nicer place. Thank you for this awesome idea!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
  3.    #123  
    You are of course welcome & definitely qualify
    Happy to be part of this. Thank you for letting me know I qualify! And while I'm at it, thanks for having this awesome idea in the first place. Very clever campaign on your part
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Shameless plug: For more of my thoughts, ideas, sarcastic remarks, and other things you're probably better off not not thinking about, follow me on Twitter
  5.    #125  
    Thanks - I'm pleased to see people still joining up
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I'm always willing to lend a helping hand, but hadn't stumbled across this sign up page previously for some reason. I'm glad there's a way to identify myself as one of us who can't stand the negativity which occurs from time to time in these forums (other than making sure that I always post politely, of course ). Count me in! Thanks for creating this.
    A challenger appears!

Great idea, I'll help.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Do you mind if I join the party and give a helping hand.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I'd love to join the party - it would give me more of a reason to be active on here. I've watched from afar due to the bickering and division on the forums, but I'd love to invest some time into supporting the decent portion of this community. I can be a rabid Palm fan at times, but I also realize that I am a fan of what works for me - what fits me may not fit everyone else. If we all carried the same smartphone, life would be boring, wouldn't it?
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    I think this is a great idea and wish a couple of other forums I visit (and used to visit) would adopt the same idea. I'm rarely here - and have little expertise to share related to Pre/WebOS - or I would join you. Having been a moderator in other places I can only say my hat's off to all of you for taking a stand. Bravo!
    Sign me up. Think the forums could could with a bit less contention that makes some some of the threads go on and on.
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Judging by the poll results, there are a lot of people who would like to see a"kinder, gentler" forum space. I'm new, but count me in. I don't think people should be scared to post for fear of getting flamed.

Give peace a chance

So how come I added the sig but it doesn't show up? (see how new I am )
    After I created a siggie in the CP and added the badge I posted a Quick Reply to introduce myself and the siggie didn't show up so I deleted the post. Then I logged out of the forums and logged back in then did another Quick Reply and the siggie showed up.
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

I like the old picture better, and by the way, I'm in too.
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    Sign me up. Think the forums could could with a bit less contention that makes some some of the threads go on and on.
    I couldn't have said it better.
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm in!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    I am so in! I am very patient and enjoy helping everyone!!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I didn't know we were at war on this forum!

Seems to me as forums go - this is already a calm place to post. There are already rules in place to keep posts civil and there are consequences for those that don't abide.

That being said there are many ways to discuss things and some people are more eloquent than others, some more brusque, some even comedic - but I've NEVER seen any out and out insulting, derogatory or nasty responses here.

Do we really have to take ALL personality out of our posts? MUST ALL posts be generic, mundane and without expression?

And just WHO is to say a post goes over the top (beyond what the rules already state)? What one person takes as an offense - may just be a simply jovial wittiness for another.

Doesn't the board allow us to BLOCK posts from members we don't want to see?

Judicious use of emoticons keeps many poor word usage in check - I don't think we need yet ONE MORE batch of people policing what we say!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I'm in, I'm tired of all the rudeness that's been going on.
    I'm proud of you.
    Thanks for the reminder. Nevermind, I withdraw!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast