View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it - let's start a revolution

113 61.08%
  • It's Goofy. I don't really see the point.

23 12.43%
  • I get it, but I reserve the right to get grumpy with people

49 26.49%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Been here, done that.
    Count me in. Sounds like a nice idea.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Having myself been a moderator (past-tense) of an online auto-enthusiast forum where civility and helpfulness were in short supply, and where flame wars, downright rudeness, and generally inappropriate behavior were all too common occurrences, I wholeheartedly support this initiative and feel honored to do my part to advance it !
  3.    #103  
    Hi guys,

I'm currently working on an idea to get you guys some rewards for being Peacekeepers - stay tuned

errade
  4.    #104  
    Please note that for reasons that will soon become obvious you can only be a part of the rewards scheme if you wear the official badge in your signature.

Therefore here is a list of members that qualify for the reward scheme:

spudland
    Vij
    pip smith
    chadking
    PREferred
    Daisys Mom
    PJaE00
    Blaize
    errade
    rush
    Rockbeast
    Schmid7y
    cdbillups
    rattical
    bevcraw
    Finally Pre
    Mutz
    mhill0823
    vegas89134

If you're not on this list but you'd like to be included in the scheme please add the badge to your signature (for instructions see post #1) and let me know so that I can add you to the list.

More details on the way.
    Last edited by errade; 07/12/2010 at 06:46 PM.
  5.    #105  
    Choice of badges:

1) Old

2) New

3) Text-Only
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

1) (Old Picture badge click here for code)
    2) (New Picture badge click here for code)
    3) (Text-only version - click here for code)
    Last edited by errade; 07/04/2010 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    [snip]

Some of the trolls and people who seem to get their jollies by picking arguments are making the forums unpleasant to read at times.

[snip]

A lot of us come to see what's new and get tips and other information and then we are forced to put up with some of the #@$#%# who post here.

[snip]

I think that many people who SEEM to be trolls aren't really trolls after all. And therefore the rest of us should be more polite in our replies to them.

Sign me up.
    I'm surprised dbd hasn't jumped all over this
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Great Idea!! Count me In!
    “We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.”
    Count me in. I don't post much, but I subscribe to your principles, and know how to be civil.
    Vegas89134
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    Hi

Some of you know me as SqyArc, and some know me as errade. First off you should know that this is an experimental startup/recruitment and it's not for everyone!

The idea is this: If you're polite, kind and patient and you'd like to see the forums become a warmer and friendlier place, you can become a Precentral Peacekeeper - just add the Pre|Central Peacekeeper badge to your signature (instructions below), and start spreading the love

Choice of badges:
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Want to add a badge to your signature?
    1) (Old Picture badge click here for code)
    2) (New Picture badge click here for code)
    3) (Text-only version - click here for code)

I hope that as more and more people become a member of this 'elite' group, people will begin to realise that the 'Peacekeepers' are always helpful people and that they always have a good reputation. If the project is a success and we gain a good reputation as a group, then I'm hoping to be able to apply for us to get real Titles in the forums - it's all good for your online rep/status and it should help make the forums a brighter and friendlier place at the same time

Anyone can join but the only rule is: While your 'Peacekeeper' signature is active, you MUST:

1) Always be polite to people, patient and friendly.
    2) Always avoid insulting people or causing arguments
    3) Try to help people and answer their questions as often as possible

If you'd like to join up, just leave a comment here to introduce yourself and let us know who you are!
    I'm in... but shouldn't the text only option include a link to this thread? I edited mine to do so. Unfortunately I don't know the code to post it.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Tap on the badge you want to wear, then a link will pop up..use copy and paste to paste it in your signature texting field.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I'm in... but shouldn't the text only option include a link to this thread? I edited mine to do so. Unfortunately I don't know the code to post it.
    Thanks for the suggestion - I've updated the code so that the text-version will link correctly.
    I did not know about this project until I drug my mouse over rush' peace keeper badge (url link). I was always curious about what the peace keepers was all about. After reading up on this thread, I would love to join the cause. I have officially badged myself and am honored to be a part of the Peace Keepers.

It's nice to meet you all.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 07/17/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I did not know about this project until I drug my mouse over rush' peace keeper badge (url link). I was always curious about what the peace keepers was all about. After reading up on this thread, I would love to join the cause. I have officially badged myself and am honored to be a part of the Peace Keepers.

It's nice to meet you all.
    Welcome Aboard!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Thank you for the warm welcome spudland. It's great to be a part of such a great cause, and a member of the Palm family. I looooove my palm very much, and am so happy to have gotten it back in April. I was so close to getting a Droid... Whew
    Now whenever I go to the Verizon store to pay my bill,i look over at the droids and all it's accessories and the pampering given to it and just give them all dirty looks as I walk by lol. I never really realized just how many different droids there are,sheesh. They only have one Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $a$ $couple$ $of$ $pixies$ $on$ $display$ $there$, $they$ $look$ $so$ $lonely$. $So$ $if$ $anyone$ $out$ $there$ $who$ $doesn$'$t$ $have$ $a$ $Palm$ $yet$,$please$ $stop$ $on$ $down$ $to$ $the$ $Verizon$ $store$ $in$ $El$ $Cerrito$ $California$ $and$ $adopt$ $a$ $Palm$ hehehe. Two Palm models do what they do and some Go PALM!

Thank you Idaho. I loves me some good taters
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Hello

I'd like to show that I am a respectful poster by wearing the badge Thanks, I think it's a great idea!
    Great idea. Just because you are on a computer does not mean you have the right to be rude and nasty.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

18.    #118  
    First of all a warm welcome to the newly joined members

Second, I'm afraid the admins were not keen on the 'reward scheme' I had in mind. I wanted you guys to get Titles and vouchers for the Precentral store (funded by me of course), but that has fallen through.

So, apologies for that. It's a shame but life goes on!
    no problem. I reserve the right to be harsh when needed. A little less peace is sometimes needed. That's why I didn't join.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I am in!
    MKTREK - Handspring Visor Blue, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 750, Palm Pre
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast