Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    it looks like carly will be running for senator against incumbent Barb Boxer in the Fall.

she killed HP until she was voted off the proverbial island.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    it looks like carly will be running for senator against incumbent Barb Boxer in the Fall.

she killed HP until she was voted off the proverbial island.
    As much as I'd love to see Boxer gone, she's got some deep deep pockets behind her, and money walks in California.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Are you saying that it makes more sense that Barbara Boxer got elected and/or re-elected? She may have money, but is that a substitute for brains or ethics?

I think Fiorina won as part of a national push to "throw the bums out" and replace the current crop of incompetent crooks running this country with a new batch of incompetent crooks. Besides, if it weren't for Carly, HP wouldn't have needed to buy Palm... so Palm owners and investors are grateful for her blunders.

The Peter Principle says that "every person is elevated to their highest level of incompetence" and clearly Fiorina has some room before reaching maximum incopetence in her career. Whereas I don't think Boxer could be any more competent than she is today...

*sigh* We need to start picking members of congress the way we pick jurors. Random, single term of service, only enough pay to cover parking and a crappy lunch, then returned home to live with the laws they pass...

IMHO
    Also, if you recall that under Fiorina HP had someone recording employee calls and other internal spying to find the source of leaks... so eventually she will be perfect to head the CIA...

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Are you saying that it makes more sense that Barbara Boxer got elected and/or re-elected? She may have money, but is that a substitute for brains or ethics?
    Money buys brains and ethics, that's the point I was trying to make.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Money buys brains and ethics, that's the point I was trying to make.
    It buys Boxer - and she has neither... or are you saying Carly has brains and ethics? Am I confused more than usual?