Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Nope. They just won the National Championship the year before last and graduated all their players so they had a rebuilding year. In fact, it's been quite nice being at two schools that have won national championships, and one that held both football and basketball at the same time. Let's see....when did Clemson win the national championship? Oh, that's right...NEVER. However, even with a horrible record and not making the tournament, the Heels still beat Clemson in Chapel Hill....as always.
    WHOOOOHOOOOO.....beers for everyone!!!! We all know davidra is wrong quite often, but he always has a way of explaining how he is right....however....let's see you get out of this one: Perry Tuttle, Football, Clemson University Tigers - 01.11.82 - SI Vault

Let me see you type it davidra...."I was wrong, Clemson did win a National Championship in football in 1981." Beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl, 22-15, and finished 12-0. I believe your exact quote was: " Let's see....when did Clemson win the national championship? Oh, that's right...NEVER." WRONG.

I won't mention our men's golf National Championship in 2003 since I know you were referring to the main sports.

Oh....got a beer riding on this one....I'll bet you a beer that the Heels did NOT beat the Tiger's men's basketball team in Chapel Hill this year. Care to bet? Don't bet davidra, you're WRONG again.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    WHOOOOHOOOOO.....beers for everyone!!!! We all know davidra is wrong quite often, but he always has a way of explaining how he is right....however....let's see you get out of this one: Perry Tuttle, Football, Clemson University Tigers - 01.11.82 - SI Vault

Let me see you type it davidra...."I was wrong, Clemson did win a National Championship in football in 1981." Beat Nebraska in the Orange Bowl, 22-15, and finished 12-0. I believe your exact quote was: " Let's see....when did Clemson win the national championship? Oh, that's right...NEVER." WRONG.

I won't mention our men's golf National Championship in 2003 since I know you were referring to the main sports.

Oh....got a beer riding on this one....I'll bet you a beer that the Heels did NOT beat the Tiger's men's basketball team in Chapel Hill this year. Care to bet? Don't bet davidra, you're WRONG again.
    OK. You got me on a technicality this year, since they didn't play in Chapel Hill. I should have just stated the truth: the Tigers will never beat the Heels in Chapel Hill.

As far as the football championship, I was actually referring to basketball, and if you read the post carefully you will see that is what I meant....but I can see how you could make that mistake...I was not "legally precise", kind of like Mark Kirk. Or Mark Sanford.

Oh...and golf? Is that it?

North Carolina has won 37 team national championships in six different sports, eighth all-time, and 51 individual national championships.
    OK. You got me on a technicality this year, since they didn't play in Chapel Hill. I should have just stated the truth: the Tigers will never beat the Heels in Chapel Hill.

As far as the football championship, I was actually referring to basketball, and if you read the post carefully you will see that is what I meant....but I can see how you could make that mistake...I was not "legally precise", kind of like Mark Kirk. Or Mark Sanford.

Oh...and golf? Is that it?
    No....there was also 2 National Titles in Men's Soccer. I was curious as to what sports the 37 National Titles came from.....uh-hum....you are correct in that they did win titles....but come on.....6 were for Women's Field Hockey, 21 from Women's Soccer, and 4 for Men's Lacrosse. Field Hockey...well, enough said. The UNC women's soccer program I think was probably the first women's college soccer program in the country, and to their credit, they dominated for a ridiculously long time....but seriously....women's soccer? The 4 Lacrosse titles.....I think there were 4 college Lacrosse teams back when they won those. I'll give you the Men's and Women's basketball titles (women 1) and the Men's soccer title. You can cancel our Golf Title, but I'll keep the 2 Men's soccer titles. Still, more by UNC than Clemson, but I felt a better description of these "titles" was needed.

It was at least nice to see you kind of sorta admit you were wrong (even though you clearly were). As a democrat, you are very good at spinning your mistakes.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Davidra....I'm sure this is an oversite as you are always on top of politics in SC, so I thought I'd help you out. Here is who will be running from the democrat party against DeMint (R) in November for the Senate:

Alvin Greene, South Carolina Senate Nominee, Has Pending Felony Charge wltx.com | Columbia, SC News, Weather and Sports |

Seems like you like to make fun of us Republicans, so, looks like the democrats seem to be a bit crazy as well. I apologize if I posted this before you had a chance to. These crazy democrats in SC....go figure, huh?

By the way.....Tim Scott, a black Republican, finished first out of 9 candidates for the Republican nominee in the 1st Congressional District race. Unfortunately, he didn't get the required 50% so he will be in a run off against....wait....wait.....wait.....Paul Thurmond. Recognize the name? Yup, Strom's grandson. Anyway, Scott received 32% of the votes while Thurmond was a distant 2nd at 16%. So, those 2 will have a run-off on June 22nd. And yes, I'll be voting for Scott. I know this blows your mind that a black man will be (hopefully) representing the Republican party for this seat in SC come November. Not sure how this can happen in SC....a black Republican leading a political race? What the ?

5.    #25  
    By the way.....Tim Scott, a black Republican, finished first out of 9 candidates for the Republican nominee in the 1st Congressional District race. Unfortunately, he didn't get the required 50% so he will be in a run off against....wait....wait.....wait.....Paul Thurmond. Recognize the name? Yup, Strom's grandson. Anyway, Scott received 32% of the votes while Thurmond was a distant 2nd at 16%. So, those 2 will have a run-off on June 22nd. And yes, I'll be voting for Scott. I know this blows your mind that a black man will be (hopefully) representing the Republican party for this seat in SC come November. Not sure how this can happen in SC....a black Republican leading a political race? What the ?
    Is he running against the white Thurmond offspring, or the black?
    Is he running against the white Thurmond offspring, or the black?
    Looked like the white one to me. You sure have been nice lately davidra....something good happen? What gives? You didn't call me a single name in your last post....what gives? I kind of like the "new" davidra!

7.    #27  
    Looked like the white one to me. You sure have been nice lately davidra....something good happen? What gives? You didn't call me a single name in your last post....what gives? I kind of like the "new" davidra!
    OMG. I've been falling down on my job. OK, cracker boy, let's see....how about....

"Clemson grads don't let friends drive home drunk, they get drunk and ride with them."

"What do you call a Clemson grad with a sheep under each arm?
    A pimp"

"What do you call 88 Clemson grads in an orgy?
    A family reunion."

Feel better now, honkie?
    OMG. I've been falling down on my job. OK, cracker boy, let's see....how about....

"Clemson grads don't let friends drive home drunk, they get drunk and ride with them."

"What do you call a Clemson grad with a sheep under each arm?
    A pimp"

"What do you call 88 Clemson grads in an orgy?
    A family reunion."

Feel better now, honkie?
    Oh rats.....there he is.....not sure I feel better....but....I know davidra hasn't been kidnapped by some tea-party member or hasn't gotten his boat stuck in some oil muck in the Gulf. Glad you're safe.....I think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12