Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to make a website popular. I have it search engine optimized, I make around 5 backlinks a day and yet still, I only average around 60 visitors a day.

The idea is good (it's in my sig) but nobody is finding out about it.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    Does anyone know how to make a website popular. I have it search engine optimized, I make around 5 backlinks a day and yet still, I only average around 60 visitors a day.

The idea is good (it's in my sig) but nobody is finding out about it.

Any ideas?
    This business model has been done repeatedly on the innerwebs. If it's something you chose because you thought it would be a no-brainer to generate traffic, forget it. You're got too much competition already.

If it's actually something you are passionate about as a business, "The Free Stuff" site, then research the existing sites and their offerings, and determine where and what they are not offering and try to meet that need.

The days of being able to provide the type of basic site you have presented and it drawing eyeballs is way way over. That was back in 1995.

Also you'll need to develop an actual website with far more additional functionality than a blogging tool can provide you.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Boobies?
    first step is to have interesting and original content people want to read.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Content is king, bottom line.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Is this idea something you can run locally in your community. I've learned how to get top rank in my community. The more specific the better. Also, you have to find a way to get your site linked up on other peoples website.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Yes, content is king and all, but content doesn't mean anything if nobody sees it. The first step is to get people to see it.
    Number one, of course, is to put all the meta-tags that you can possibly think of into the html code. Also include popular mis-spellings of those tags (i.e. "recieve" in addition to "receive").
    Then put the link to your website into everything you touch.
    > The signature in your cell phone's SMS.
    > The sig in ALL your e-mail accounts.
    > Make flyers with about your website and then walk around parking lots, etc. to put them on people's cars.
    > Twitter, Facebook, etc.
    > If you have or could save some money, rent a billboard in a highly visable area (It might end up paying for itself).
    > If you live in a city that has ads on top of taxis, guess what.. yours should be there.
    > Your ad could be in bus stops too.
    > Ask local businesses if you could leave flyers or your business cards on display in their store. Alot of stores allow this.
    > Your URL should be EVERWHERE.

These are just some things off the top of my head.
    Your site looks neatly put together, it's not sloppy or immature.
    I think it looks good so-far.
    And a website name that doesn't sound like another scam site. sorry
    Another way to boost is to get another site with a high search rating to post a direct like to your site on the main page. Tough to do unless you either know someone, or are offering something they want to generate kick-backs on.
    Ask people in your signature to click on your link to help you out. I did that at my work and that help me get Top 3 ranks locally in google and yahoo. Also get signed up with googles local business search, that puts you in front of all the top searches on google.
    Here's what I mean. Google
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219