1.    #1  
    I will be asking about Jail Breaking, I am not sure if it is ok to talk about or not so Mods please feel free to delete at your discretion.

I have an old 8gb iPod Touch 1st gen, the home button doesn't work, neither does the wifi. I only use it to listen to music while at work. Music and nothing else, it's a waste. Since the home button is shot, I can only open one app at a time, shut down, reboot, and open another.

I would like to think in the Jail Breaking community someone has had this same problem and has made a modification for the user to be able to go back to the home screen. That is ultimately what I want to achieve.

In the meantime, I need to update my iPod to the latest firmware for Jail Break to work, which version that is I do not know. iTunes wants me to purchase the 3.1.3, but I worry that may be too recent of an update. Can anyone confirm this for me?

If it isn't apparent, I am a Jail Break noob. When it comes down to doing it, I have either a Mac or PC to do it on, which ever may have the easiest software to get the job done. Thanks for any help!
    Hi squezzy,

We have a sister forum: TIPB: http://forum.tipb.com/. Have you tried posting your question there?
  3.    #3  
    I had no idea, thank you so much for the link!