1.    #1  
    There are millions of places on the web to discuss politics and for us all to promote our views. I am in favor of free speech and vigorous debate.

But I did not join Pre-Central for that purpose. I joined here to learn about and discuss Web-OS, smart-phones, technology and related issues, and most especially to learn about WeboS development. patches, homebrew, HP etc.

Political discussion here are divisive and destroy the wonderful sense of community you have created, and draw energy and attention away from the purpose of this website.

Again, I am all for free speech. There is no shortage of places on the web for those discussions, but they are not part pf the mission of PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Amen!
    I fully support our right of freedom of speech. Getting into heated political debates on a cellphone forum seems pretty silly though...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    So stay out of it...? It's in a designated section of the site labelled, curiously, 'off topic.'
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    So stay out of it...? It's in a designated section of the site labelled, curiously, 'off topic.'
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Thanks for your feedback. The administrators of PreCentral made the decision years ago to allow discussion about politics, religions, etc in the OT forum as long is people abide by forum guidelines.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Please address any further concerns to Administration.