1.    #1  
    So this is the only area I could think of to post this.

Nothing against the people who make themes and icons, as I know the work is appreciated. But....

We have a WebOS platform. Made by PALM. Why would you want to make it look like a MAC or Windows?

I just do not get this at all.

Help me out here to understand this.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    We do it because the Pre is made to be customized. Palm gave us everything we needed to get into the file system and mod to our heart's content.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We do it because the Pre is made to be customized. Palm gave us everything we needed to get into the file system and mod to our heart's content.
    I totally get that.

BUT why make it look like an iPhone or Windows Mobile?
    Why not just go get one if you want it to look like that?

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    I don't know. I don't use themes myself, but I understand why people would like them. Maybe people like how other phones look, but love the way WebOS works.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't know. I don't use themes myself, but I understand why people would like them. Maybe people like how other phones look, but love the way WebOS works.
    Good point.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    I do it so I can show it to iPhone users and they feel at home. They recognize the important icons and so they don't get hung up on that while they are exploring gestures etc.

The other reason is that the one thing Apple does better than anyone (and I am not a Mac person) is to create clean simple UI. I use solid black wall paper, and I like the way the dock looks with an OSX shelf under it... It's a nice clean look, No scrims, no clashing graphics, just the stuff I need. The first thing I did was delete all of the bright and busy wall paper that came with the phone. Same with my PC...

People really value being able to personalize... Remember the first android commercial? "If you want to be you, be you...." that was poking fun at the lack of customization on iPhone because they lock everything down. Palm needs to build some basic theme options into webOS like they did with PalmOS years ago, so it is available to all users without needing preware, IMHO.
  7.    #7  
    Another good point.
    Starting to see the reasons behind it.

It's just not for me I guess.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted