1.    #1  
    With the advent of .mac, I'm looking for a good spot to host my website, well three of them eventually. In the past, Apple would not let you create a discussion board on Homepage, so I had to go to EZ-board for this, at a cost to eliminate advertising. I also want to have some movies of the kids available for the grandparents, long trips out of town, etc.
    My question is this - what hosting company will provide 100MB of storage competitive to $100yr? I cannot find the .mac bandwidth limitations and don't have a clue as to what I use. I'd like to stay with Apple, but if they are not going to allow a message board, and I have to pay to maintain an ad-free site, I need to go elsewhere. Any suggestions? Fixes for a message board? Thanks,
    Try this site:
    http://www.10-best-web-site-and-doma...dex.html?p=157

I haven't had a need for web hosting, so I can't vouch for the site's accuracy. May be useful for a starting point.
    my friend keeps telling me dotster for the domain and phpwebhosting for the site host.

the hosting is about $27 per year, I think.
    i highly recommend dreamhost .

mc
    Dreamhost looks nice. I was pretty impressed with Omnistar and their customer service. When I'm in the market it looks like it will be either one of them...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I am, however, a HTML ***** and wouldn't know where to begin with FTP, so I stuck with .mac, shelled out my 1/2 price first year and decided to learn this stuff before the year is out so I could obtain cheaper hosting next go around.
    Originally posted by dampeoples
    I am, however, a HTML ***** and wouldn't know where to begin with FTP
    You could have used the trial version of .mac to set up your website, then saved all the pages to your local hard disk, and uploaded them to your new host.
    Or your could get Dreamweaver or any of a number of other visual website design software packages.
    FTP is File Transfer Protocol. It's just a means of moving files. You need simple client software, such as Fetch, and it's like moving files from one disk to another.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Yorick

You could have used the trial version of .mac to set up your website, then saved all the pages to your local hard disk, and uploaded them to your new host.
    Or your could get Dreamweaver or any of a number of other visual website design software packages.
    FTP is File Transfer Protocol. It's just a means of moving files. You need simple client software, such as Fetch, and it's like moving files from one disk to another.
    I thought about just sending my existing pages over to a new host, but didn't know how well it would work, the fishing club is paying for half of it anyway so it's not that bad of a deal for me. Maybe next year we'll move the stuff to a new host, the $50 for the first year was still cheaper than anything else I found.
    I highly recommend startlogic.com

You get basically unlimted storage, you can configure multiple domains on just ONE account, tons of free extras, life 24/7 phone tech support, and about 99.9% uptime
    startlogic is by far the absolute worst web host i have ever worked with in my entire life.

i personally like 1&1, they have good cust. support and its very competitively priced. I have about 12 sites hosted with them right now from my 1 account.
    oh, www 1and1 com
    For the gaming website I have. I used 1and1.com for about 4 years, and they were always reliable and had a 99% uptime. They only reason I left them is we now host our website on our own server.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    You might check out DacsoftHosting.com. They are a pretty decent company with good prices.

Disclaimer - this used to be my company, but I sold it a couple years ago.