Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 450
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Well, then clearly, based on what I posted, the previous administration broke the law. Thanks for agreeing to that.

    Obama is clearly "doing business" very differently than Bush. All depends on what you mean by "doing business". Since you seem to want to fall back on "we just have different opinions", I guess that makes your misstatements correct. Obama has not cherry-picked favorable intelligence and used it as an excuse to invade a country that had not harmed us. Obama did not pack his cabinet with those beholden to special interests and had forbidden administration officials to take subsequent jobs with the industry they oversee. His budgets are actually honest, even though that makes the situation seem worse for his administration:




    In other words, his degree of transparency is an order of magnitude greater than the previous adminstration. So you go ahead and misuse terms like "bribery" and "socialism". There have been significant improvements in the way government is practiced, and one or two situations like the Sestak charade will not change these significant improvements. Stop looking for the cheap shot and expand your limited view. I know that's a challenge for you, but go ahead, give it a try.
    ROFL....break please....I can't believe you are discussing "accounting gimmicks" when we just had one of the LARGEST accounting gimmicks, Health Care Reform, get pushed through. You lost all credibility there davidra, sorry....but nice try....ROFL....really?....Obama is getting rid of accounting gimmicks.....ROFL. Oh....thanks doc, that was a good laugh.....I do appreciate the good laughs you throw at me.....if I thought you were doing that on purpose I would thank you....but....I really think you are being serious.

    As for my "limited view".....I have no interest in expanding my views into what Obama, liberals, and you are preaching....again....I'm opposed to such socialistic views in the US. And I'm not alone on that either. As for who Obama surrounds himself with....good lord....the dude consistently surrounds himself with people of questionable backgrounds. You're on a roll today with some funny statements.....and really....thanks again for the really good laughs.....whew....funny stuff.

    Okay....I really do need to get back to work....geez....LOL.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  2. #102  
    Sometimes humor is the refuge of the unaware. I'll just leave it at that. Please, by all means, enjoy your laughter. May you have another 6 and half years of great hilarity...and ongoing cluelessness.
  3. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #103  
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Right. Historic for democrats, but not close to historic lows for republicans. It's a good thing Obama is still more popular than Reagan was at similar times during their presidencies.
  5. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Right. Historic for democrats, but not close to historic lows for republicans. It's a good thing Obama is still more popular than Reagan was at similar times during their presidencies.
    Yes, you've told us that before. Is that all you have left to hang on to? Comparing him to Reagan? (as if there's any real comparison to be made... I mean really)
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Yes, you've told us that before. Is that all you have left to hang on to? Comparing him to Reagan? (as if there's any real comparison to be made... I mean really)
    You're right, he's already accomplished more than Reagan did during his presidency.

    No, I also am pleased to see that his approval rating is still twice that of republicans in congress.
  7. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You're right, he's already accomplished more than Reagan did during his presidency.

    No, I also am pleased to see that his approval rating is still twice that of republicans in congress.
    Too funny. You kid, I know.

    David, had Ronaldus Magnus walked into the Whitehouse instead of Obama, by now both Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong-il would have had their butts handed to them, and we certainly wouldn't be barrelling towards becoming a socialist country, as we currently are.

    You're such a kidder!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  8. #108  
    And now for something completely different...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    David, had Ronaldus Magnus walked into the Whitehouse instead of Obama, by now both Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong-il would have had their butts handed to them . . .
    Wow, what do you think he was, the Messiah or something?
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    You're right, he's already accomplished more than Reagan did during his presidency.

    No, I also am pleased to see that his approval rating is still twice that of republicans in congress.
    Talk about being handed a mess when he took over, wasn't inflation in double digits and a mortgage was going to cost you around 17% or so? Not to mention that the top tax bracket was 70%! I'm not even sure if someone as one sided as davidra would be as supportive of a socialist such as Obama if we were dealing with those numbers.

    Everything I see, though, shows Obama falling in the polls....a little something from Rasmussen, May 26, 2010:

    ďThe Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 23% of the nationís voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-five percent (45%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22. Thatís the lowest Approval Index rating yet measured for this president (see trends).

    Enthusiasm for the president among Democrats, which bounced following passage of the health care law, has faded again. Just 48% of those in the presidentís party now Strongly Approve of Obamaís performance. Thatís down from 65% earlier."

    To be fair (just for davidra), he has rebounded to -14, but total disapproval is now at 53%. Whooohoooo. He will likely go down as one of the most polarizing Presidents ever....so much for him bringing us all together for holding hands and singing kumbaya. He refuses to come to the middle, instead, going down the path of socialism.

    Yup....those are numbers to be bragging about.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Talk about being handed a mess when he took over, wasn't inflation in double digits and a mortgage was going to cost you around 17% or so? Not to mention that the top tax bracket was 70%! I'm not even sure if someone as one sided as davidra would be as supportive of a socialist such as Obama if we were dealing with those numbers.

    Everything I see, though, shows Obama falling in the polls....a little something from Rasmussen, May 26, 2010:

    ďThe Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 23% of the nationís voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-five percent (45%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22. Thatís the lowest Approval Index rating yet measured for this president (see trends).

    Enthusiasm for the president among Democrats, which bounced following passage of the health care law, has faded again. Just 48% of those in the presidentís party now Strongly Approve of Obamaís performance. Thatís down from 65% earlier."

    To be fair (just for davidra), he has rebounded to -14, but total disapproval is now at 53%. Whooohoooo. He will likely go down as one of the most polarizing Presidents ever....so much for him bringing us all together for holding hands and singing kumbaya. He refuses to come to the middle, instead, going down the path of socialism.

    Yup....those are numbers to be bragging about.
    By all means, use Rasmussen, since they tend to have lower approval ratings for democrats than actually exist, and persist in using republicant's talking points. Why it's increasingly difficult†to take Rasmussen polls seriously | Media Matters for America

    The surveys seem to exist solely to advance GOP talking points. Meaning, Rasmussen at times appears to function less as a legitimate polling firm and more as the polling wing of the RNC. Today's new survey about Sarah Palin and the repercussions of her "No mas" moment is a perfectly example.
    I have not problem with the actual results per se, which are that 40 percent of Republicans think her quitting the Alaska governorship will hurt her chances to run for the White House in 2012. The bizarre part is that the Rasmussen poll only asks Republican voters their opinion about Palin. Independents and Democrats are of no interest to the GOP-centric Rasmussen. (Just my hunch, but if those two voter groups had been included, I'm guessing the final results would have between 70-80 percent of voters think Palin's career move was a bad one.)
    What kind of polling firm, while trying to take the country's temperature about politics, only questions Republicans?
    Meanwhile, in its write-up Rasmussen emphasized the RNC talking points about how Palin has been subjected to "relentless and generally hostile media coverage." (So the polling firm is now in the media criticism business?) Yet Rasmussen only points to a late-night comedian for proof of "hostile media coverage."
    The only other thing I'll point out is that W's poll numbers at this time in his presidency showed a 77% approval rating...and we know what happened to that. Yes, Gallup also shows a slight decrease in his numbers, but it's within the range of variability, and frankly, I really don't care if it is down a few points or not. That's the price you may have to pay for getting your agenda done. And that's what he's doing, like it or not. I like it.
  12. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #112  
    Sanctimoniously stated by Media Matters:

    The surveys seem to exist solely to advance GOP talking points.
    That's rich!
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    By all means, use Rasmussen, since they tend to have lower approval ratings for democrats than actually exist, and persist in using republicant's talking points. Why it's increasingly difficult*to take Rasmussen polls seriously | Media Matters for America



    The only other thing I'll point out is that W's poll numbers at this time in his presidency showed a 77% approval rating...and we know what happened to that. Yes, Gallup also shows a slight decrease in his numbers, but it's within the range of variability, and frankly, I really don't care if it is down a few points or not. That's the price you may have to pay for getting your agenda done. And that's what he's doing, like it or not. I like it.
    ROFL.....you are on a ROLL today. You criticize Rasmussen by using an organization who on their web page says they are "dedicated" to "correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." ROFL Why....I think they would be the perfect unbiased internet source to use for info regarding conservatives. Good one davidra Funny. Oh geez....you are on a rooooooooooll today. Or as Jim Carrey said in The Mask, "Somebody stop me, I'm smokin".

    And congratulations for liking the path towards socialism, in this country, you do have that right! Of course, I'm opposed to his agenda, and I have that right as well.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Sanctimoniously stated by Media Matters:



    That's rich!
    Yup....as I said above....from a website that is DEDICATED (I mean, they are serious!) to correcting conservative misinformation. ROFL A very unbiased source for sure! ROFL
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yup....as I said above....from a website that is DEDICATED (I mean, they are serious!) to correcting conservative misinformation. ROFL A very unbiased source for sure! ROFL

    You're damn right they're serious. They need to be given the lies and misinformation spread by the right. The difference? They say that's what they do. Rasmussen pretends to be unbiased. They're not. But you probably think they are, hence posting an actual poll that purports to mean something. It doesn't.
  16. #116  
    This thread title makes me laugh every time I see it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  17. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
       #117  
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Anyway, seems like we've been down this road before where everyone throws out their definitions of socialism and I'm just not getting caught up in that. But I'll stick to using the word to describe Obama's policies and where he wants to take the country.
    You can, but you'd continue to be using it incorrectly, just as the conservative spin machine intends you to do. They rely on folks uneducated on such topics to continue to spread their misinformation.

    Here's a more reasoned take on his "socialism": Norman J. Ornstein - Obama: A pragmatic moderate faces the 'socialist' smear

    Conservative columnist David Brooks makes a similar point: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/12/opinion/12brooks.html

    Even Ron Paul, Tea Party hero, disagrees: Ron Paul: Barack Obama is Not a Socialist - Washington Wire - WSJ

    And, as mentioned above, actual socialists clearly state his policies don't represent socialism. But of course they know the topic far less than Glenn Beck...so keep blindly repeating the party line. That'll show your independence!
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/02/2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19. #119  
    Please don't try to complicate the simplistic and jingoistic thought processes of the right with the truth. They have never been interested. Using the quick lie on a protest sign or on a message board requires less thought and gives them the feeling of intellectual superiority that they lack in real life.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    You can, but you'd continue to be using it incorrectly, just as the conservative spin machine intends you to do. They rely on folks uneducated on such topics to continue to spread their misinformation.

    Here's a more reasoned take on his "socialism": Norman J. Ornstein - Obama: A pragmatic moderate faces the 'socialist' smear

    Conservative columnist David Brooks makes a similar point: Op-Ed Columnist - What Obama Stands For - NYTimes.com

    Even Ron Paul, Tea Party hero, disagrees: Ron Paul: Barack Obama is Not a Socialist - Washington Wire - WSJ

    And, as mentioned above, actual socialists clearly state his policies don't represent socialism. But of course they know the topic far less than Glenn Beck...so keep blindly repeating the party line. That'll show your independence!
    Nope...good try....I'll continue to think on my own and believe he (Obama) would like to take the US down the path of socialism. Funny....you say I don't think on my own, so you refer me to other people so that I can think like them? You simply want me to think like you, ROFL. God willing, that will never happen. You guys may not like my opinion, and you may say my opinion is wrong, but I don't really care what you liberals think....have you not figured that out yet? ROFL I honestly...don't care....what you liberals think.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions