Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
    As was stated earlier:
    Construction started in December 1998 and it was completed in February 2001.

It was planned by BP under Clinton's administration.
    It was only leased to BP. They didn't own it, plan it, design it, or anything like that. R&B Falcon/Transocean did. Granted, they could be considered an American company, but when it was constructed, where, and who was US President at the time is still ultimately irrelevant to the current incident.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    ok, your older, really, hmmm 52 here..
    I gotta admit, I thought you were way older than 52. I was envisioning you as someone in their 70s. Not because you know a lot, but because you like to act like you do.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Wow nice, lol, thanks for that clem.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    I haven't read the whole article, or the 5 pages of comments. Overall I like Obama, disagree with some stuff , agree with others. On the oil spill i think he needs to step it up. I am not mad at him yet, but he needs to step it up.

What Obama needs now is to quickly take control of the situation, spend billions trying to fix this, and then when it's all under control go after BP arrest whoever tried to cover it up, and recover the billions spend, and needed for the future. Get every cent needed to fix it, including the cost of paying the workers who lost their jobs. On top of that charge them a 50% extra penalty fee, to send a warning to other companies, and get some of the cash the country needs (oil companies have screwed the public for long enough). When all that is that is done, have a bill with new regulations to prevent this from every happening again.
    Obviously the academic aspect of this would require an additional thread. Approving your methods is one thing; approving your performance is another. P and T committees can be notoriously inappropriate. If you are saddled with teaching something that may not be "appealing" but deemed necessary, you may not achieve the level of student evaluations as someone who teaches an easier content area. I've served on committees at every level, and the overemphasis on student evaluations is significant. The emphasis should be on whether or not the students learned the content successfully in a way that it can be used at the next level. In other words, the demonstration of student performance and competency should be valued much more highly than the personality games that are played with students. Outcome is more important than process.

In the same way, what I care about with Obama's performance is not what those with political agendas say while yelling at him (hardly a reasonable way to evaluate performance) but rather on what is accomplished. He has accomplished a whole lot in a year and a half. Many people don't like what he did, but he did it in the face of bootstepping naysayers who only wanted to see him fail. Whether or not he yells and pounds his chest and emotes (process) is much less important to me than if he does everything he can do (outcome). I'm not convinced he has done everything he could do in the gulf, but I haven't seen any convincing argument that he could have done anything differently except window dressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    It was only leased to BP. They didn't own it, plan it, design it, or anything like that. R&B Falcon/Transocean did. Granted, they could be considered an American company, but when it was constructed, where, and who was US President at the time is still ultimately irrelevant to the current incident.
    Considering some of the posters have been trying to say that this incident was the result of the previous administration it is very relevant when this was constructed. Deep sea oil drilling has been around before the previous administration. Some have even posted that this rig replaced one that was destroyed by a hurricane. This rig has been in the gulf for several years at different locations drilling wells since it began operation after being constructed in 2001.

Also anyone that tries to blame this incident on regulations from the previous administration is still ignoring the fact that the current administration could have altered regulations.

Even with the current regulations the depth that this incident occurred will raise questions about how the regulations need to be altered in deeper waters.
    US-american politics could be a really funny topic if it would not have such a massive impact on the rest of the world.

Yes, there are countries and people outside of the USA, and Im not talking about Mexico and Canada only ...
    The future of HP/Palm and WebOS without updates to WebOS 2.x for older WebOS-devices? Last one turn of the lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonic View Post
    Considering some of the posters have been trying to say that this incident was the result of the previous administration it is very relevant when this was constructed.
    No, it's a red herring. The current incident had nothing to do with when, where, why, for whom, etc. it was constructed.
    Deep sea oil drilling has been around before the previous administration. Some have even posted that this rig replaced one that was destroyed by a hurricane.
    Perhaps you should read a little closer. _I_ posted that it replaced one that was _damaged_ by a hurricane (Ida) in the location it was drilling at the time of the incident.
    This rig has been in the gulf for several years at different locations drilling wells since it began operation after being constructed in 2001.
    That's the point of a mobile drilling rig. It can move around as needed.
    Also anyone that tries to blame this incident on regulations from the previous administration is still ignoring the fact that the current administration could have altered regulations.
    Sure, but as I also said, they seemed to have other priorities.
    Even with the current regulations the depth that this incident occurred will raise questions about how the regulations need to be altered in deeper waters.
    Sure. Hopefully, they're good questions.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    In the same way, what I care about with Obama's performance is not what those with political agendas say while yelling at him (hardly a reasonable way to evaluate performance) but rather on what is accomplished.
    Well said. It's good to interact with someone who, as demonstrated on these threads, has no apparent political agenda
    that Obama, always against our plam pre...

WRONG FORUM
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Well said. It's good to interact with someone who, as demonstrated on these threads, has no apparent political agenda
    I'm hoping you are saying that with quite a bit of sarcasm, right? Davidra has a political agenda bigger than his ego, and that means HUGE.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    I keep waiting for one of the liberals in here to start a thread about the hypocrisy of the Obama pledge of change in DC (and no davidra, sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not holding my breath). I mean, I thought Obama was going to usher in an "era of openness and transparency" and change in how politics worked in DC. Didn't he always get huge applause when he would say his administration would clean up the politics as usual? This whole Sestak thing really stinks. However, Obama has come out and said that they've looked into it, and everything was on the up and up. Well....that certainly settles it for me, ROFL. This reminds me of the old saying, "where there is smoke, there is fire". Even if the liberals say this is done all the time, nothing new, Obama's administration continues to be nothing but politics as usual. What a HUGE hypocrite he has turned out to be. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I'm hoping you are saying that with quite a bit of sarcasm, right? Davidra has a political agenda bigger than his ego, and that means HUGE.
    Yes, sarcasm intended. And I don't think he's hiding his liberal agenda, he loves the president and the democratic party (and has very little patience for anything or anyone not so aligned). I'm ok with that, it's those who are as one-sided as davidra and pretend otherwise that bother me.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Yes, sarcasm intended. And I don't think he's hiding his liberal agenda, he loves the president and the democratic party (and has very little patience for anything or anyone not so aligned). I'm ok with that, it's those who are as one-sided as davidra and pretend otherwise that bother me.
    Ahhh....yes.....got your point....there is not doubt davidra is extremely one-sided. By the way.....so am I....I just happen to be on the good side

I guess your ego is tiny in comparison then?!?
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Ahhh....yes.....got your point....there is not doubt davidra is extremely one-sided. By the way.....so am I....I just happen to be on the good side
    Sure you are. Just ask you.
    I think your absurd sniping at Obama is really tiresome. The Sestak thing is just plain nothing, except another chance for republitards to show their hypocrisy by saying, oh no, we have NEVER done anything like this before. Please.
    Meanwhile, someone actually did come up with a great solution for the oil leak on Facebook. Unfortunately I can't post a link to a Facebook page, but there are over 23,000 fans so far.

The proposal: plugging the Gulf oil leak with the works of Ayn Rand. As the website states so well:

A modest proposal for finally putting to good use the writings of woman who has aptly been described as "Nietzsche for stupid people."
    Can we add in every book published by a politician within the last 40 years? Palin, McCain, Obama, Clintons, etc. Throw in the pundits like Limbaugh, Olbermann, Beck, too. They might all be useful for something then. We can name it the 'money shot' since that's all any of them want to do to us.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Book drowning... a new twist on a very old practice. If only people would focus their misplaced anger towards a true waste of plant life: the USA Today.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    The proposal: plugging the Gulf oil leak with the works of Ayn Rand. As the website states so well:
    I'll say it. Ayn Rand was brilliant. Guess that makes me one of the "stupid people".
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast