Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
    this is different than making fun of gaffs by Bush, Qwayle, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yes....Pelosi would never pressure any of her democrat colleagues. And Rahm, well, he would never do any pressure tactics either, huh? Good grief davidra, surely you don't believe that the democrats don't do the same thing? But yet that is fine, right? You are the Double Standard King! LOL Thanks again for the laugh. How dare the Republican leadership put pressure on their folks! Funny.
    Do you really need a list of the democrats that didn't support their leadership? Nelson, Lincoln, Landrieu, 36 house democrats against health care refort....now you tell me how many republicans voted against their leadership? You really think not one favored anything put forth by the democratic leadership? There is not room for independent thought in the republican voting bloc. Surely you noticed...
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrunner View Post
    Yet you choose to break your silence now. Curious that is. Where is the tipping-point for you where the same level of trash talk ["comments about a former president, in my opinion, are disgusting"] by belligerent conservatives who are present within these hallowed forums against a Democratic president forces you to rise in the same way you did here? Examples would be appreciated where you've displayed such integrity and honor.
    Maybe you know these boards better than me. Find me the post which referred to President Obama as a hillbilly moron who has made not one intelligent comment in 8 years, or a comment of equivalent disrespect. Respecting the office of the president and the current/former occupant is simply something I'm passionate about (and it requires no integrity or honor, just a little decency and common sense).

Arrogant minds often consider much to be their entertaining toy. Why buck the trend and be exceptional?
    Arrogant? I find entertainment in certain sitcoms, moms who yell at referees, political rants of the "all or nothing" variety, non-fiction period texts, and Will Ferrel movies, to name a few sources. I didn't realize this made me arrogant.
    When asked about how extensive the travel was on the campaign trail, yes, Obama joked that he had been to 57 states. Interesting how the sense of humor of conservatives is always at the expense of someone else. Yet when a simple, harmlessly anecdotal joke is told by Obama which isn't at anyone's expense, the same conservatives only see red.

How consistently, jadedly partisan of you.
    So he was joking, making a funny?

Then why did every news outlet prop him up by saying he was tired and obviously did not know what he was saying? You must have an inside scoop.

I thought the lipstick on a pig was cute, but 57 states not so much. As far as being partisan you need to look no further than your own reflection.

ETA you forgot that he said he'd been to some of them twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Do you really need a list of the democrats that didn't support their leadership? Nelson, Lincoln, Landrieu, 36 house democrats against health care refort....now you tell me how many republicans voted against their leadership? You really think not one favored anything put forth by the democratic leadership? There is not room for independent thought in the republican voting bloc. Surely you noticed...
    Do you really need to be reminded of the difference between being in the minority vs majority? Do you also need to be reminded how many "deals" were thrown in just to get certain democrats to vote Pelosi's and Reed's way? Give me a break, I know you don't think much of me, but you must really think I'm buying your BS. I am not saying Republican leadership didn't put some pressure on their "team" to vote a certain way, all I'm saying is to bust on the Republicans for doing it and ignore that democrats do the same is being extremely hypocritical. You still didn't admit that Pelosi and Reed put pressure on their colleagues, so am I to assume you are so blinded by your partisanship that you refuse to admit that the democrats do the same thing? Or are you saying it's irrelevant if it is for YOUR cause? Holy Cow.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Do you really need to be reminded of the difference between being in the minority vs majority? Do you also need to be reminded how many "deals" were thrown in just to get certain democrats to vote Pelosi's and Reed's way? Give me a break, I know you don't think much of me, but you must really think I'm buying your BS. I am not saying Republican leadership didn't put some pressure on their "team" to vote a certain way, all I'm saying is to bust on the Republicans for doing it and ignore that democrats do the same is being extremely hypocritical. You still didn't admit that Pelosi and Reed put pressure on their colleagues, so am I to assume you are so blinded by your partisanship that you refuse to admit that the democrats do the same thing? Or are you saying it's irrelevant if it is for YOUR cause? Holy Cow.
    Sometimes I really think you have blinders on. Of course the leadership pressured members; it's their job. It's the threats that go along with it than count. Lincoln voted against the White House on numerous occasions, and what did the White House do? They campaigned for her. You watch and see how much the tanman campaigns for Olympia Snow, or anyone else that votes against their "waterloo" plan. There is no room in the republicant party for dissension.
    Sometimes I really think you have blinders on. Of course the leadership pressured members; it's their job. It's the threats that go along with it than count. Lincoln voted against the White House on numerous occasions, and what did the White House do? They campaigned for her. You watch and see how much the tanman campaigns for Olympia Snow, or anyone else that votes against their "waterloo" plan. There is no room in the republicant party for dissension.
    Oh geez....you do amaze me....I wonder how much campaigning Obama and Pelosi will be doing for those democrats that voted against their health care bill. We'll see. Again, I have no problems with either side putting the "pressure" on their folks, I agree, that is their job (we agree? ). When you are in the minority, and every vote can make a huge difference (especially in the Senate with the Republican numbers at 40), you better believe they are going to put the big pressure on. Don't tell me Reed won't do the same when he becomes the minority leader in November.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Hey "X", I had no idea the American Tea Party members all ran up to Toronto to cause problems:

KOB.com - Vandals mar summit protests in Toronto

Can't you control your folks?

The onus is on you to buck up when the (multiple/daily) opportunities avail themselves to you in these very pages. There is no shortage. But, we've come to know that conservatives only explain away (and pat the back of) the posters who state such incoherent, irrational ideas. Just take a look at the thread you find yourself in.

Yep! Arrogant! ->
    Alrighty, I guess I'm arrogant, didn't know that til now.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I live how it is ok for liberals to spout their nonsense, but conservatives are the ones being critized. the hypocrisy is truly priceless
    ...he said in the "The Obama Presidency - One disaster after another.... " thread.

You're right, the hypocrisy IS amazing... especially yours.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    You guys got your wish... for now. Hope you got it out of your system.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Looks like "hope and change" is back in the menu boys.....

PPP: Obama, Palin tied 46/46 in 2012 polling
    posted at 12:55 pm on July 15, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

No, this is not coming from Rasmussen or an internal GOP poll, but from the normally Democrat-sympathetic Public Policy Polling. PPP pitted Barack Obama against five potential Republican challengers for the 2012 presidential campaign, and the only one Obama beat was Ö Jan Brewer. Even that, PPP admitted, resulted from Brewerís lack of name recognition. The headline, though, is Sarah Palinís dead heat with the President:

With his approval numbers hitting new lows itís no surprise that Barack Obamaís numbers in our monthly look ahead to the 2012 Presidential race are their worst ever this month. He trails Mitt Romney 46-43, Mike Huckabee 47-45, Newt Gingrich 46-45, and is even tied with Sarah Palin at 46. The only person tested he leads is Jan Brewer, who doesnít have particularly high name recognition on the national level at this point.

Itís not that any of the Republican candidates are particularly well liked. Only Huckabee has positive favorability numbers at 37/28. Romneyís at 32/33, Gingrich at 32/42, Palin at 37/52, and Brewer at 17/20. But with a majority of Americans now disapproving of Obama itís no surprise that a large chunk of them would replace him as President if they had that choice today.

There are two things driving these strong poll numbers for the Republican candidates. The first is a lead with independents in every match up. Romney leads 48-35 with them, Gingrich is up 50-39, Huckabee has a 46-40 advantage, Palinís up 47-42, and even Brewer has a 38-37 edge.
    In case one wonders whether PPPís sample is to blame, the partisan split favors Democrats by five points, 39/34. Thatís probably overstating the actual size of the gap and the percentage of Democrats in the general population, which means that the independents got short shrift as well. Also note that this poll surveyed registered voters, not likely voters ó a sampling technique that would tend to favor Democrats and Obama a little more.

The news is almost uniformly bad for Obama in the poll. His approval rating is now seriously underwater at 45/52. That gets even worse among independents, 40/56. He doesnít get above 46% in any matchup with Republicans, not even Jan Brewer, whom he beats 44/36, with 20% undecided.

For Palin, the numbers show she can play against Obama. She pulls 8% of those who voted for Obama in 2008 and 35% of those who ďdonít rememberĒ (?!?), which puts her on par for outreach with Gingrich (9%, 40%), Romney (9%, 32%), and slightly better than Huckabee (6%, 32%). If thatís not vindication for those who argued that Palin couldnít do as well with unaffiliated voters, itís cetainly something close to it.

Update: There seems to be some confusion in the comments over the number of people who claimed not to remember how they voted in 2008. That was 9% of the respondents in the survey (combined with those who voted third party). Since Obama won the 2008 popular vote by seven points (53/46) and this Dem +5 poll shows only 46% of respondents acknowledging their vote for Obama, Iíd say itís a healthy probability that most of that 9% voted for Obama and donít want to acknowledge it now. Of that 9%, Palin wins 35%, Gingrich wins 40%, and so on.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Here's hoping Palin runs against Obama. I would be delighted. That woman is an *****.
    independents don't like Palin. She doesn't stand a chance and she would actually motivate liberal voters which I don't think Obama would do at the moment although he has time to right the ship but not much.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Here's hoping Palin runs against Obama. I would be delighted. That woman is an *****.
    Nice choice of words. She's par with Obama now. Guess that speaks volumes about him, eh?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Nice choice of words. She's par with Obama now. Guess that speaks volumes about him, eh?
    The half-governor of Alaska? She may remain on a par until she actually is asked to respond to a question or take a stand or demonstrate some knowledge of anything.

As an example.....Sarah Palin ***** - Keith Olbermann - nukes | Mediaite
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Personally, I think it's just as wrong to say she's an ***** as it is to say she's Presidential material. Furthermore, whatever respect I still had for her after less than stellar public performances was lost when she didn't finish out her term. I have a dream that by 2011 there will be a Republican candidate I can feel good about supporting. Currently, the winds aren't blowing favorably for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Personally, I think it's just as wrong to say she's an ***** as it is to say she's Presidential material. Furthermore, whatever respect I still had for her after less than stellar public performances was lost when she didn't finish out her term. I have a dream that by 2011 there will be a Republican candidate I can feel good about supporting. Currently, the winds aren't blowing favorably for me.
    Unfortunately, I feel no sympathy. All this negative stuff about Obama in the polls ignores the fact that the country doesn't trust the republicans either. And not agreeing with Obama's policies doesn't mean they agree with someone else's.

And a mere 26 percent express confidence in the Republicans in Congress to make the right decisions for the country's future, trailing the Democrats (32 percent) and Obama (43 percent, a new low) alike.
    I only have one concern, and that's Romney. With his supposed business experience, if the economy doesn't improve a strong (but flawed) argument could be made that he could be the savior. I would much rather see Palin running against Obama. Romney is NOT an *****; he IS the biggest flip-flopper in history, however. Everything from choice to health care is eligible for a 180 in his eyes. I'm hoping those religious right buffoons will consider a Mormon as a travesty and work hard against him. I'm rooting for a Scott Brown/Mitt Romney love affair to bust out in the papers, except they each love themselves too much to get involved with others.
  19. KAM1138
    The half-governor of Alaska? She may remain on a par until she actually is asked to respond to a question or take a stand or demonstrate some knowledge of anything.
    I guess you prefer the 2/3 Senator (1/3 if you consider the actual time he spent working)?

Me--I'm not too keen on "social-climbing" politicians from either party--unfortunately, the people of this great country decided it was a good idea to elect one of the best examples of this to the Presidency in 2008.

But hey--with a fawning media and Oprah on your side anything is possible.

KAM
    And the ability to behave and speak intelligently helps.