Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 105
  1.    #1  
    If I remember correctly (and i usually do), George Carlin had this joke that asked:

    "On the road, why are people that speed past us, maniacs; and people that drive too slow in front of us, morons?"

    It's an interesting psychological thought-process. It must be because we always think we're right, right?
  2. #2  
    You are wrong
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    You are wrong
    Lol, i knew somebody would say that.
  4. #4  
    Please make thread titles match content.

    And the quote is:

    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an *****, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

    - Craig
  5. #5  
    One of my favorites.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If I remember correctly (and i usually do), George Carlin had this joke that asked:

    "On the road, why are people that speed past us, maniacs; and people that drive too slow in front of us, morons?"

    It's an interesting psychological thought-process. It must be because we always think we're right, right?
    It's a paraphrase, but yes. It is also why Off Topic exists. The people that agree with our opinions are obviously well-informed geniuses, and the people that disagree with our opinions are ill-informed buffoons.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    It's a paraphrase, but yes. It is also why Off Topic exists. The people that agree with our opinions are obviously well-informed geniuses, and the people that disagree with our opinions are ill-informed buffoons.
    Yes, yes they are, lol.
  8. #8  
    Anyone driving slower than me is also an *****.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9. #9  
    I consider every other driver on the road an *****... 90% of them really are. It always seems like no one knows how to drive. Can we stricter license requirements please?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I consider every other driver on the road an *****... 90% of them really are. It always seems like no one knows how to drive. Can we stricter license requirements please?
    Well, you and i both moved down here from up north. These ATL drivers are very strange compared to where we come from.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Well, you and i both moved down here from up north. These ATL drivers are very strange compared to where we come from.
    I agree! It's very weird. On the main highways like 75, they drive crazy... Like jumping across multiple lanes every couple seconds...

    On most of the other roads, people down here constantly drive 5mph under the speed limit. It drives me crazy that people don't drive 5-10mph over the speed limit at all times. It's to the point where I'm always passing everyone... But I'm actually going the speed limit lol. I miss the fast-paced world of the northern US
  12. #12  
    This is true. I know because I am the best driver that ever lived, therefore if you're going faster than me it's obviously unsafe. And slow drivers just stink.

    It's the basic narcissism alive in all of us. We all want to believe we are the best at anything we are doing, so if someone else does it different then they're wrong. hah
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I agree! It's very weird. On the main highways like 75, they drive crazy... Like jumping across multiple lanes every minute or so.

    On most of the other roads, people down here constantly drive 5mph under the speed limit. It drives me crazy that people don't drive 5-10mph over the speed limit at all times. It's to the point where I'm always passing everyone... But I'm actually going the speed limit lol. I miss the fast-paced world of the northern US
    How about this one:

    When waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so they can make a left turn, they sit there behind the crosswalk (instead of going out into the intersection to wait) and then the light turns red and the "driver" (and everybody else) has to wait for the next cycle.
    You could literally be sitting at that intersection for almost ten minutes.

    Back in NYC, they would blast the horn at you, give you a short free "sign-language" seminar and then drive around you.

    (Boy i miss it there.)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    It's the basic narcissism alive in all of us. We all want to believe we are the best at anything we are doing, so if someone else does it different then they're wrong. hah
    So true!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    How about this one:

    When waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so they can make a left turn, they sit there behind the crosswalk (instead of going out into the intersection to wait) and then the light turns red and the "driver" (and everybody else) has to wait for the next cycle.
    You could literally be sitting at that intersection for almost ten minutes.

    Back in NYC, they would blast the horn at you, give you a short free "sign-language" seminar and then drive around you.

    (Boy i miss it there.)
    I've noticed that too! It happens all the time! If I'm waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so I can make a left, I'm out in the middle of the intersection. So even if the light turns red, no one else can go until I've made my left. This is normal up north. People down here don't have any urgency... It makes me so mad lol...
  16. #16  
    Deep breath!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Deep breath!
    Lol. It's just hard dealing with people who drive completely different then me. The difference between northern and southern drivers is crazy
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I've noticed that too! It happens all the time! If I'm waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so I can make a left, I'm out in the middle of the intersection....
    Yep.
    And if you look in your rear-view mirror, u'll see everybody else making you look "bad" because they're "parked" behind the crosswalk.

    I know for a fact that it's perfectly legal to complete your turn to get out of the intersection after your light turns red.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Deep breath!
    Easier said than done, lol.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yep.
    And if you look in your rear-view mirror, u'll see everybody else making you look "bad" because they're "parked" behind the crosswalk.

    I know for a fact that it's perfectly legal to complete your turn to get out of the intersection after your light turns red.
    Oh, I don't care what they think lol. It does make me miss the Philly area though... The South is weird.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions