Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    But if all the traffic is going 5-10mph over, driving the speed limit becomes a hazard. The flow of traffic overrides the posted speed limit
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    ..... I am viewing this from the emergency responders perspective ....
    Yes, I realized that.
    That's why i'm not going to argue with you about it, lol.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/26/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    @solarus

But you said yourself "I know there's plenty of time to make that left before oncoming traffic starts."

May I ask why you find it annoying then?
    Because its illegal and when I'm at a red light, trust me, there isn't enough time for anyone to make that left turn I actually accelerate away from an intersection when the light turns green not like most people in ATL that seem to be on Sunday drives through the countryside when the light turns green

Come to think of it maybe that's the real issue, people don't accelerate properly in this town, its like they have to wait for a Semi truck's worth of space between them and the car in front before even pressing the accelerator!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    So it's not a "South" thing?
    It's an Atlanta thing?

Now that i think of it, in my travels all over Florida over the years, i hadn't noticed it as much as here in ATL.
    Nah I think its an Atlanta thing more than Southern. Drivers in Memphis for example seem to drive pretty much normal compared to Atlanta, the same thing for Huntsville.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Because its illegal and when I'm at a red light, trust me, there isn't enough time for anyone to make that left turn I actually accelerate away from an intersection when the light turns green not like most people in ATL that seem to be on Sunday drives through the countryside when the light turns green

Come to think of it maybe that's the real issue, people don't accelerate properly in this town, its like they have to wait for a Semi truck's worth of space between them and the car in front before even pressing the accelerator!!
    lol
    I hate when cars pull in front of you and go freaking slow.
    I hate when I'm on the highway and a car is the fast lane (left lane) is going slower than the slow lane!
    I hate when the slow and fast lane is going the same speed!

I hate slow drivers!! Move your ***!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I miss Wawa and 7-11.
    Side note: Southern people, what's the deal with the complete lack of convenience stores down here? I don't like buying food from a gas station... lol.
    What you've never seen a QT or a Racetrack Granted there are some areas where QT haven't got a 3 stores in a square mile ratio down just yet
    Yea, people up north don't like to accelerate when the light turns green either. It is much worse down here though.
  8.    #48  
    What you've never seen a QT or a Racetrack Granted there are some areas where QT haven't got a 3 store in a square mile ratios down just yet
    I hadn't even heard of QT and RaceTrac until i moved down here.
    I would love to own one though. Those places are cash cows here in Atlanta.
    What you've never seen a QT or a Racetrack Granted there are some areas where QT haven't got a 3 stores in a square mile ratio down just yet
    I've seen them around, but it seems like it's just a gas station with a little food store added on. Wawa sells all kinds of food. You go in, order your food, grab anything else you may need (drinks, cigs, etc), pick up your order and go about your business. They make pretty decent hoagies (no, they aren't called "subs") and it's ready in a couple minutes usually.

The QTs and Racetracks down here remind me of 7-11. Everyone knows you don't buy food at a 7-11 (well, maybe a hot dog). 95% of them are pretty low quality...
    I hadn't even heard of QT and RaceTrac until i moved down here.
    I would love to own one though. Those places are cash cows here in Atlanta.
    You know about Wawa, right? Imagine opening a Wawa down here... You would make so much money!
    Easier said than done, lol.
    I hear ya!
    everyone around me is an *****, regardless of the speed they are going

ZING
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberorange View Post
    everyone around me is an *****, regardless of the speed they are going

ZING
  14.    #54  
    You know about Wawa, right? Imagine opening a Wawa down here... You would make so much money!
    Yep, i remember them, but that place is more of a Jersey place... not in NY.
    But we did have 7/11's.
    R.I.P George Carlin. One of my favorite comedians.

Don'tcha hate it when your driving on a 2-3 lane highway, and there are cars infront of you driving slower than you would like to go, and none of them will make an opening for you to get through
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    R.I.P George Carlin. One of my favorite comedians.

Don'tcha hate it when your driving on a 2-3 lane highway, and there are cars infront of you driving slower than you would like to go, and none of them will make an opening for you to get through
    YES!
    And that happens everywhere!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I've seen them around, but it seems like it's just a gas station with a little food store added on. Wawa sells all kinds of food. You go in, order your food, grab anything else you may need (drinks, cigs, etc), pick up your order and go about your business. They make pretty decent hoagies (no, they aren't called "subs") and it's ready in a couple minutes usually.

The QTs and Racetracks down here remind me of 7-11. Everyone knows you don't buy food at a 7-11 (well, maybe a hot dog). 95% of them are pretty low quality...
    Oh you mean real food - what the buffalo wing chicken stick at QT isn't up to your standards Seriously though, you have to be on a major highway route to get the kind of c-stores you're talking about and even then most are just partnered up with a Wendy's or a Dairy Queen.
    Oh you mean real food, sort of like quick serve resaturants Yeah you have to be on a major highway route to get those kind of c-stores and even then they are typically just partners up with a Wendy's or a Dairy Queen.
    Yea, it's kinda like a quick serve restaurant. Hoagies, soups, salads, some pasta, etc. A lot of the newer Wawas sell gas too. Those places are constantly packed all day everyday.

Wawa is the best place to go if you want good food at 3am

I'd like to ask you guys about these "Philly cheesesteaks" that are sold down here, but i don't want to get into that lol.
    An annoying thing for all highway drivers not just "you Yanks" is when driving on a 3 or more lane highway, drivers will pass on the inside lane when the outside lane is readily available - I've seen accidents happen because of this.
    If somebody is able to pass you on the inside lane then you simple should not be in the middle lane, you should be on the inside. I make a thing of taking middle lane hoggers on the inside and then showing them my warm love with a nice little hand gesture.
    what the buffalo wing chicken stick at QT isn't up to your standards
    I've actually tried those. They are pretty tasty
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast