Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    I'm confused. Is this thread still about anything?
    My fault, I can't stay focused
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Some people on this thread think you are an Obama apologist. If a terrorist attack happened on U.S. soil tomorrow, would you hold the president personally accountable?
    That is a very good question. In this case, since it appears that critical information was glossed over before the attack, I might, but not confidently. One thing for sure....the statements that "Bush kept us safe for 8 years" was total manure.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yeah watching the Clinton Administration, The Bush Administration, along with just about every single intelligence agency drop the ball makes 9/11 Bush's fault how? Did you even read the 9/11 commission report. It's clear that the failure was system wide, no one admininstration was to blame.

Same with BP. How any of this is the fault of Obama escapes me.
    You could ask the same question about cars. Stolen cars are used in crimes, cause accidents, kill people, etc.
    You're comparing guns to cars? WOW...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    I never intended that to be an answer. I simply pointed out the flaw in your question.

Conceptually there is no difference (physically, of course there are sizable differences). Both are regulated (guns more so than cars), require common sense and civic responsibility, have safety measures built in, yet can be deadly if used incorrectly or by the wrong people. Cars driven by idiots kill more people annually than guns used by the clueless and the criminals (military operations excluded, of course).
    Guns are regulated more than cars? REALLY?!?!?! The EPA, DOT, CAFE, etc... would like to have a word with you...
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

- H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    lol @ John Galt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    That's if you buy the entire gun outright. I have a friend with a gun safe full of assault rifles, including a few new and modified AR15s. You can order them, brand new, by individual pieces and assemble them yourself. The gun laws we have here are FULL of loop holes. I for one see no problem with guns, to a point. There is no reason for anyone to be able to privately own military grade assault weapons.
    Wrong. Receivers cannot be shipped to anyone without a federal firearms license. One can order all the different barrels and other accessories that you want, but they are useless unless you already have the receiver. If you do want to order an entire gun or a receiver, it must be sent to a dealer with a FFL and you will have to go through the standard background checks. The only option that I know of where that is not the case, is when ordering from the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which has stricter requirements than buying from a dealer. Then the Feds will ship the rifle directly do you. Also, unless someone has gone through the trouble of getting a Federal class C license, they cannot legally own or buy "military grade assault weapons".

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    How many racist white supremacists voted for McCain? Answer: all of them.
    No, they probably voted for some whack-job that we've never heard of rather than for John "Amnesty" McCain.

BTW, the current theory is that the 16 yr old is the person that killed the cops in the last week's West Memphis shootouts.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Right, not the father who said we need to "slighter" all of them, "break their legs" kill their "mothers, sons daughters."

You guys will defend anything. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    That is a very good question. In this case, since it appears that critical information was glossed over before the attack, I might, but not confidently. One thing for sure....the statements that "Bush kept us safe for 8 years" was total manure.
    Well yea, I think the sitting president has very little to do with national security, the economy, etc. But don't you think Obama will be credited by the Dems if his tenure passes without a significant terrorist event?
    Guns are regulated more than cars? REALLY?!?!?! The EPA, DOT, CAFE, etc... would like to have a word with you...
    When you experience a mandatory waiting period and a criminal background check to buy your next '98 Tercel, let me know.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    a drivers license test, state inspection, proof of insurance, title registration? lol @ John Galt?
    Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    a drivers license test, state inspection, proof of insurance, title registration? lol @ John Galt?
    Common sense here, please. Obviously I'm referring to the purchase of either. An 8 year old can by my car if he has cash and it's legal. If I sell an 8 year old a gun I go to jail. Certainly you understand this, right?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    An 8 year old can buy bullets too. Certainly you understand this, right?

Are you advocating the because there are gun restriction to prevent crazy people from buying guns, we should allow 8 year olds to drive cars?

Let the free markets decide if a car dealership wants to grant the right of 8 year olds to drive cars?
    When you experience a mandatory waiting period and a criminal background check to buy your next '98 Tercel, let me know.
    When your 8 year old can drive that Tercel, LET ME KNOW...

- H.L. Mencken
    Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    An 8 year old can buy bullets too. Certainly you understand this, right?

Are you advocating the because there are gun restriction to prevent crazy people from buying guns, we should allow 8 year olds to drive cars?

Let the free markets decide if a car dealership wants to grant the right of 8 year olds to drive cars?
    Yes, and bullets without a gun are as useful as engine without a car.

I'm advocating rational thought. Banning guns will solve the gun problem like banning drugs has solved the drug problem.
    When your 8 year old can drive that Tercel, LET ME KNOW...
    Are you and fubka sitting in front of the same computer? I'm talking about the PURCHASE of a gun. Anyone who saves their allowance (you included) can buy a car and its LEGAL. If that same person attempts to take your hard earned 8 year old allowance in exchange for a gun and they get caught......wait for it........they go to JAIL.

I can't make this any simpler, you're on your own.
    Common sense here, please. Obviously I'm referring to the purchase of either. An 8 year old can by my car if he has cash and it's legal. If I sell an 8 year old a gun I go to jail. Certainly you understand this, right?
    How often do you have renew your privilege to operate your gun? How often does the gov. inspect your guns to make sure they meet safety standards? What amount of schooling do you have to go through to own a gun? What test do you have to take to gain access to legally use a gun? What license are you required to have to operate a gun?

You can give an 8 year old a gun and he can legally operate it. If you let an 8 year old operate your car, you go to jail. An 8 year old can register a gun, and not a car.

Your gun to car comparison is looking a little weak...

- H.L. Mencken
    I never intended that to be an answer. I simply pointed out the flaw in your question.

Conceptually there is no difference (physically, of course there are sizable differences). Both are regulated (guns more so than cars), require common sense and civic responsibility, have safety measures built in, yet can be deadly if used incorrectly or by the wrong people. Cars driven by idiots kill more people annually than guns used by the clueless and the criminals (military operations excluded, of course).
    ya well there is a difference.. cars transport people, are designed for that,,, guns well guns are designed and built to kill things, handguns to kill people.. soo ya there is a big time difference..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Yes, and bullets without a gun are as useful as engine without a car.

I'm advocating rational thought. Banning guns will solve the gun problem like banning drugs has solved the drug problem.
    lol banning now is it .. went from gun control to banning,, lol.. controlling who gets one is smart. i truly believe that you should be required to take a course to handle a gun.. ya ya i know one more big brother thing,, however, big difference between the guns of your "forefathers" and the guns of today.. also, parents taught their kids how to handle and shoot,, now you get wack a moles like ted nugent showing some 7 year old how to shoot a fully auto machine gun.. wow.. thats progress for ya, he actually had the kid hold it,,, and then let him pull the trigger.. thats your good ol boy way of doing shiet..
    Are you and fubka sitting in front of the same computer? I'm talking about the PURCHASE of a gun. Anyone who saves their allowance (you included) can buy a car and its LEGAL. If that same person attempts to take your hard earned 8 year old allowance in exchange for a gun and they get caught......wait for it........they go to JAIL.

I can't make this any simpler, you're on your own.
    hmmmm they cant catch your fine upstanding business people who are selling guns to criminals let alone going after one these morons selling a gun to an 8 year old.. so your argument dont float ..
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast