Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 268
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Amazing. You can't have it both ways forever, davidra. Blame Bush when it's a negative, give credit to Obama when it's a positive.

    You think people actually buy that?

    I said nothing about Obama or Bush. You did.

    Oh come on. You actually missed the sarcasm? YOU?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Believe me...I don't need to take my time with you. Try some less lame examples yourself. Between you and cj (by the way, I am pretty sure I know what that stands for), you might try relying on facts and not talking points. What on earth does a disgruntled employee have to do with left wing terrorism? No, not every person that kills an innocent person is mentally ill. I bet the Klan wouldn't agree with that characterization, and neither would Rudolph, or McVeigh, or the abortion doctor killers. They were doing god's work, you see. Insanity defense won't work for them, any more than it would for Ayers, who avoided being convicted of anything because of COINTEL. You can thank the right-wing leadership of the FBI for that.
    I'm positive you don't. Not up on your Waco, RR facts? or are you all out of talking points? again.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Believe me...I don't need to take my time with you. Try some less lame examples yourself. Between you and cj (by the way, I am pretty sure I know what that stands for), you might try relying on facts and not talking points. What on earth does a disgruntled employee have to do with left wing terrorism? No, not every person that kills an innocent person is mentally ill. I bet the Klan wouldn't agree with that characterization, and neither would Rudolph, or McVeigh, or the abortion doctor killers. They were doing god's work, you see. Insanity defense won't work for them, any more than it would for Ayers, who avoided being convicted of anything because of COINTEL. You can thank the right-wing leadership of the FBI for that.
    My point is that a sane person does not go around shooting or blowing up anyone, I don't care who they say they are doing it "in the name of". I personally don't think God would accept the killing of another person in his name.....maybe one day I'll find out I'm wrong on that, so I don't buy that excuse. Just like the nut job down in Texas who, I guess, was killing in the name of Allah or Muhammad. Gotta be insane to take that stance. I'm not saying they shouldn't be properly punished because they are insane, I'm just saying to say a person is mentally ill, so it shouldn't be counted, is a bit of a stretch. And yes, I certainly do believe in most cases where someone kills an innocent person, they must be a little insane....otherwise, I think there would be mo killin' going on. A sane person usually determines it is best not to kill someone.

    I'm sure if it came out that Amy Bishop was a huge Bush fan, you would have lumped her in with the list of others. But no, she voted for Obama, and from all accounts, was a huge Obama fan....which again....proves that she likely is insane.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Amazing. You can't have it both ways forever, davidra. Blame Bush when it's a negative, give credit to Obama when it's a positive.

    You think people actually buy that?

    I said nothing about Obama or Bush. You did.
    The sad thing is I think davidra actually does believe that. Obama does no wrong.....he almost walks on water.....why how could Obama ever do, or be involved in anything, that fails? Just unheard of.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    I'm positive you don't. Not up on your Waco, RR facts? or are you all out of talking points? again.
    Oh, I suppose I'm up enough on my facts to know that the government was found to not be at fault, and other than a few people who had nothing to do with the attack, nobody was ever even reprimanded. There was also, as I recall, lots of evidence that the fire was started by the Davidians, and that they intended mass suicide. Your "opinions" otherwise are just conspiracy theory for all I care....and believe me, I don't.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    .

    I'm sure if it came out that Amy Bishop was a huge Bush fan, you would have lumped her in with the list of others. But no, she voted for Obama, and from all accounts, was a huge Obama fan....which again....proves that she likely is insane.
    Really. You need to give it up. You actually think that because a disgruntled employee voted for Obama that somehow reflects on him? How many racist white supremacists voted for McCain? Answer: all of them.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    The sad thing is I think davidra actually does believe that. Obama does no wrong.....he almost walks on water.....why how could Obama ever do, or be involved in anything, that fails? Just unheard of.

    Well, so far, as I've said, his worst mistake was believing that big oil actually cared about the country, instead of their bottom line. He should be spanked for that. He also should have immediately banned all offshore drilling that was approved under Cheney's secret rules. He didn't, and that was a bad mistake. Other than that, haven't seen anything that ranks up there with Iraq or Katrina.
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Oh, I suppose I'm up enough on my facts to know that the government was found to not be at fault,
    Yeah, I watched Chuck-U-Schumer railroad that "investigation". It was pure horsepucky.
    and other than a few people who had nothing to do with the attack, nobody was ever even reprimanded. There was also, as I recall, lots of evidence that the fire was started by the Davidians, and that they intended mass suicide. Your "opinions" otherwise are just conspiracy theory for all I care....and believe me, I don't.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  9. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Hey....let's not forget Dr. Amy Bishop and William Ayers! You didn't over look them for any reason did you davidra????
    Beat me to it clemgrad. Although they are not in the same league as McVeigh or Rudolph when it comes to violence or being scum bags

    However, I would suggest throwing in Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph into the conversation is disingenuous at best. The guy in the story shot two cops, he didn't plan and execute bombings. Also, everything he had done crime-wise didn't seem to stem from political views. Reading the article carefully, one will realize that only after getting into trouble with the law did political views arise as a crazy rationale to justify driving while drunk or not paying taxes, etc...

    I think I'm seeing another straw man here
    Last edited by solarus; 05/24/2010 at 02:54 PM.
  10. #50  
    I got one for you people that feel packing a gun is the way to go,,, i would like to know, if at all possible, just how many guns, the legally purchased ones, are stolen each year. Then I would like to know how many of those guns that were legally purchased then stolen were used in a crime. Anyone???
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    I got one for you people that feel packing a gun is the way to go,,, i would like to know, if at all possible, just how many guns, the legally purchased ones, are stolen each year. Then I would like to know how many of those guns that were legally purchased then stolen were used in a crime. Anyone???
    You could ask the same question about cars. Stolen cars are used in crimes, cause accidents, kill people, etc.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Well, so far, as I've said, his worst mistake was believing that big oil actually cared about the country, instead of their bottom line. He should be spanked for that. He also should have immediately banned all offshore drilling that was approved under Cheney's secret rules. He didn't, and that was a bad mistake. Other than that, haven't seen anything that ranks up there with Iraq or Katrina.
    Are you actually mentioning Iraq and Katrina in the same sentence as equally weighted mistakes? Or are you just mentioning the first two that come to mind?
  13. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    I got one for you people that feel packing a gun is the way to go,,, i would like to know, if at all possible, just how many guns, the legally purchased ones, are stolen each year. Then I would like to know how many of those guns that were legally purchased then stolen were used in a crime. Anyone???
    While we're at it, let's include kitchen knives and rat poison.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    You could ask the same question about cars. Stolen cars are used in crimes, cause accidents, kill people, etc.
    lol not an answer, big difference between a car and a gun... if you dont see the difference then thats the difference right there.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    While we're at it, let's include kitchen knives and rat poison.
    wow,, deflection,,, comon answer the question, its a simple question..

    hey,, i have said this before,, i will restate it,,, i own guns, i have no problem with owning guns.... just asking what percentage.. dont deflect.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshaccount View Post
    Are you actually mentioning Iraq and Katrina in the same sentence as equally weighted mistakes? Or are you just mentioning the first two that come to mind?
    Probably the two major disasters that came to mind. Of course missing 9/11 was right up there as well. But no, I consider Iraq much more devastating than Katrina...and we have lost more American lives there than in New Orleans.
  17. #57  
    frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS

    there ya go... i answered my own question.. but surprise surprise.. its the good old capitalist system that is the biggest supplier. all in the name of profit... wow.. lolol geeeshhh you guys..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    lol not an answer, big difference between a car and a gun... if you dont see the difference then thats the difference right there.
    I never intended that to be an answer. I simply pointed out the flaw in your question.

    Conceptually there is no difference (physically, of course there are sizable differences). Both are regulated (guns more so than cars), require common sense and civic responsibility, have safety measures built in, yet can be deadly if used incorrectly or by the wrong people. Cars driven by idiots kill more people annually than guns used by the clueless and the criminals (military operations excluded, of course).
  19. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #59  
    I'm confused. Is this thread still about anything?
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Probably the two major disasters that came to mind. Of course missing 9/11 was right up there as well. But no, I consider Iraq much more devastating than Katrina...and we have lost more American lives there than in New Orleans.
    Some people on this thread think you are an Obama apologist. If a terrorist attack happened on U.S. soil tomorrow, would you hold the president personally accountable?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions