Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    So this guy would be your justification for gun control?

edit: I'll just leave this here.
    We don’t need no steenking 2nd Amendment by John Silveira Issue #58
    Gun control, depends on what you mean by gun control. If it means proper storage, safely around kids, absolutely. But I still do not see the need for civilians needing assault rifles.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    No, they'll have guns regardless. Take away their guns and all you end up with is with an unarmed population that's even more vulnerable than before.
    my point is we have gun control... and dont have the gun crime per capita that you have. If guns are easy to get they are easy to use.. simple
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    In related News.

WASHINGTON – The violent crime rate in the United States went down in 2009 for the third year in a row and the property crime rate fell for the seventh consecutive year, the FBI reported Monday.

The decline last year amounted to 5.5 percent for violent crime compared to 2008 and the rate for property crime was down 4.9 percent.

The FBI collected the crime data from more than 13,000 law enforcement agencies around the country.

According to the numbers, all four categories of violent crime declined compared to 2008 — robbery, murder, aggravated assault and forcible rape.

Violent crime declined 4 percent in metropolitan counties and 3 percent elsewhere, the FBI reported.

Nationwide, the murder rate was down 7.2 percent last year.

The largest decrease in murders — 7.5 percent — took place in cities of half a million to a million in population. The only increase in murders — 5.3 percent — occurred in cities with 25,000 to 50,000 people.

Robbery dropped 8.1 percent, aggravated assault declined 4.2 percent and forcible rape was down 3.1 percent.

The numbers are preliminary. They will be updated later this year.
    Clearly, Obama's doing a great job.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I have a sneaky suspicion that had the numbers gone the other way, you would have blamed that on Bush. Weird, when there is bad news, we hear "Obama can't clean up 8 years of mess in 1 or 2 years"....but when there is good news "Obama's doing a great job". So are you saying that we have finally hit the point where we can start letting Obama take the credit and the blame?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Gun control, depends on what you mean by gun control. If it means proper storage, safely around kids, absolutely. But I still do not see the need for civilians needing assault rifles.

Unless they were produced before the 1986 machine gun ban there are no Assault Rifles being sold to civilians. Sure a Civilian can buy a M16 if you live in a State that allows it, have about 15k -25k dollars, a federal 200.00 tax stamp and FBI back round check. That is if your talking about going about it legally.
    Last edited by cjgem; 05/24/2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I read this story and pretty much sum it up with this...I'm just sick of a-holes, regardless of color, religion, life style, who take absolutely zero responsibility for their own actions! This story clearly fits this mold.

I fail to see how, this story is about anything else. The story may be framed around the guy's political views but in the end he's just a bitter loser who made a ton of bad choices, hates any kind of authority, and never took personal responsibility for his own actions.
    Last edited by solarus; 05/24/2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Unless they were produced before the 1986 machine gun ban there are no Assault Rifles being sold to civilians. Sure a Civilian can buy a M16 if he lives in a State that allows it, has about 15k -25k dollars, a federal 200.00 tax stamp and FBI back round check. That is if your talking about going about it legally.
    That's if you buy the entire gun outright. I have a friend with a gun safe full of assault rifles, including a few new and modified AR15s. You can order them, brand new, by individual pieces and assemble them yourself. The gun laws we have here are FULL of loop holes. I for one see no problem with guns, to a point. There is no reason for anyone to be able to privately own military grade assault weapons.
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROFLMAO! Which part of "for the third year in a row" did you miss?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenanator View Post
    That's if you buy the entire gun outright. I have a friend with a gun safe full of assault rifles, including a few new and modified AR15s. You can order them, brand new, by individual pieces and assemble them yourself. The gun laws we have here are FULL of loop holes. I for one see no problem with guns, to a point. There is no reason for anyone to be able to privately own military grade assault weapons.
    Just to be clear, I'm talking about Assault RIFLES. Select fire weapons that are illegal to own unless produced before 1986. I personally would do some research before you make comments about what a "friend" of yours has in his possession, cause you never know when you might be talking to some one from the ATF. Some of the things stated in your above post would warrant a visit from .gov

Now if your just talking about semi-auto AR15's or "Assault weapons" as our .gov likes to call them then that's another story. because a semi auto rifle with a pistol grip is soooo much more deadly than one with out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    ROFLMAO! Which part of "for the third year in a row" did you miss?

Oh,l I noticed. It's just that the decreases were greater this year than in the past. Clearly, that is due solely to Obama. Right? I mean, he is the president, and is also responsible for the oil spill since he was president for three months when Bush's MMS head granted the BP exemption. Correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post

I fail to see how, this story is about anything else. The story may be framed around the guy's political views but in the end he's just a bitter loser who made a ton of bad choices, hates any kind of authority, and never took personal responsibility for his own actions.
    Absolutely right. Sounds a lot like McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, Randy Weaver and David Koresh, doesn't it?
    Absolutely right. Sounds a lot like McVeigh, Eric Rudolph, Randy Weaver and David Koresh, doesn't it?
    Hey....let's not forget Dr. Amy Bishop and William Ayers! You didn't over look them for any reason did you davidra????

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Hey, at least in two of those instances, your precious .gov got to kill innocent American women and children. One on national TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Hey....let's not forget Dr. Amy Bishop and William Ayers! You didn't over look them for any reason did you davidra????
    Yeah, great comparisons you came up with. Ayers is a distinguished professor at one of the best universities in the country who gave up radicalism decades ago, and Amy Bishop was a disgruntled mentally ill teacher. Perfect.
    Hey, at least in two of those instances, your precious .gov got to kill innocent American women and children. One on national TV.

According to you, anyway. Is that something you consider proven as well? Do you think it's possible that the whack-a-mole mentality was responsible for putting children into harm's way on purpose?
    According to you, anyway. Is that something you consider proven as well? Do you think it's possible that the whack-a-mole mentality was responsible for putting children into harm's way on purpose?
    Were the ATF, FBI negligent in not knowing the gas they were pumping in was highly flammable and the flash grenades turned the place into an inferno? Knowing full well that women and children were still inside? I'm sure you would never blame the victim would you, not even when she was stepping outside to surrender holding here baby when a FBI sniper sent lead down range killing both.
    Last edited by cjgem; 05/24/2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Yeah, great comparisons you came up with. Ayers is a distinguished professor at one of the best universities in the country who gave up radicalism decades ago, and Amy Bishop was a disgruntled mentally ill teacher. Perfect.
    Did Ayers not bomb several public buildings because he was upset with the government? Or....is that okay if he is now a democrat who supports Obama? Is the amount of time that goes by what makes it okay? If McVeigh was still alive, and for some really insane reason he was released from Jail 30 years from now, would you then say "yes, but he gave up radicalism decades ago"? Come on davidra, you can do better than that.

As for defending Amy Bishop because she is "mentally ill", umm, isn't anyone insane who goes out and kills innocent people? Is that a defense for you? Don't you think the guy that drove his plane into the TX building was a bit insane? Again davidra, you have done much better in the past at getting caught being very biased and trying to spin it.....you need to take some time and respond again later....don't rush this time....take your time.

Did Ayers not bomb several public buildings because he was upset with the government? Or....is that okay if he is now a democrat who supports Obama? Is the amount of time that goes by what makes it okay? If McVeigh was still alive, and for some really insane reason he was released from Jail 30 years from now, would you then say "yes, but he gave up radicalism decades ago"? Come on davidra, you can do better than that.

As for defending Amy Bishop because she is "mentally ill", umm, isn't anyone insane who goes out and kills innocent people? Is that a defense for you? Don't you think the guy that drove his plane into the TX building was a bit insane? Again davidra, you have done much better in the past at getting caught being very biased and trying to spin it.....you need to take some time and respond again later....don't rush this time....take your time.
    Believe me...I don't need to take my time with you. Try some less lame examples yourself. Between you and cj (by the way, I am pretty sure I know what that stands for), you might try relying on facts and not talking points. What on earth does a disgruntled employee have to do with left wing terrorism? No, not every person that kills an innocent person is mentally ill. I bet the Klan wouldn't agree with that characterization, and neither would Rudolph, or McVeigh, or the abortion doctor killers. They were doing god's work, you see. Insanity defense won't work for them, any more than it would for Ayers, who avoided being convicted of anything because of COINTEL. You can thank the right-wing leadership of the FBI for that.

If Ayers were such a scary, violent terrorist, wouldn't he be in jail?

The comparison with McVeigh and Rudolph, both of whom specifically targeted people, is absurd and reeks of desperation.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Oh,l I noticed. It's just that the decreases were greater this year than in the past. Clearly, that is due solely to Obama. Right? I mean, he is the president, and is also responsible for the oil spill since he was president for three months when Bush's MMS head granted the BP exemption. Correct?
    Amazing. You can't have it both ways forever, davidra. Blame Bush when it's a negative, give credit to Obama when it's a positive.

You think people actually buy that?

I said nothing about Obama or Bush. You did.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast