Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Naturally you'd think that.
    http://www.911truth.org/images/ZogbyPoll2007.pdf

Apparently, registered Democrats are twice as likely as Republicans to believe the Bush Admin either let it happen or even made it happen. And those who identify as progressive are six times more likely that those who identify as very conservative to believe they let it happen. On an even sadder note, libertarians are much more likely that anyone else to believe they made it happen. Of course, as we've seen discussed here before, the libertarian movement takes on many shades.
    For the future of the United States, the fringe element of the T*baggers are worse. They would have US citizens die from lack of health care, allow industries to go bankrupt, arm children in schools, provide no oversight for industry like the oil companies...it's not even close. All T*baggers? That's not what I said. The divisive fringe right, the McVeighs and the Koreshes and the armed militias and flake candidates saying things like "we're going to take our country back" are far worse. So are loudmouthed liars and morons like Limbaugh and Beck.
    Hmm, Lack of health insurance, or lack of a plan to reign in out of control Fed spending?

In what alternate universe did Chrysler and GM NOT declare Bankruptcy?

Mean while your ultra right fringe have been spotted handing out arms to school children.

Appointing environmental lawyer's when perhaps some one with a clue on drilling for oil would have been appropriate.

I know, rational non knee jerk thought escapes you, but I would expect no less from someone who could mention Limbaugh and Beck and not mention Maddow, Erbe, Olbermann, Mathews, Whoopi, Maher, Moore etc, etc, etc never ending list.

I mean really if that's all you got?
    Last edited by cjgem; 06/06/2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Naturally you'd think that.
    Davidra....go to one of these truther sites and click on the section on who they are. Read their bios....not many "conservatives" from what I could tell. Whenever someone's bio starts out with "active in the peace, social justice and environmental movements since 1979", I gotta admit, I'm thinking liberal. Oh sure, there will be the occasionl mixed up Republican on one of these sites, but more will be democrats than Republicans for sure. And remember, there are apparently some registerd democrats involved in the Tea-Party as well...so it goes both ways.

So while you libs in here love to crack on the "birthers" (I'll agree, likely Republicans there), I think the crazier folks are the "truthers". Which makes me have to ask this question.....davidra, do you think Bush was involved with the planning of 9/11? Be honest....do you think he knew it was going to happen or that he had people put demolition charges in the buildings?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Hey the earth is flat, jfk was shot by the cia and castro, 9/11 was a republican plot, the moon landings were all faked,, they got aliens in that area 51, and all these people that go missing each year are really being taken to feed them.. lolol lets just put it this way.. there are enough wack a moles out there for both sides.. lets just hope none of em ever get too popular.. hell they oh my,, they are getting elected..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Hey the earth is flat, jfk was shot by the cia and castro, 9/11 was a republican plot, the moon landings were all faked,, they got aliens in that area 51, and all these people that go missing each year are really being taken to feed them.. lolol lets just put it this way.. there are enough wack a moles out there for both sides.. lets just hope none of em ever get too popular.. hell they oh my,, they are getting elected..
    wait... jfk got shot by the cia and castro?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    wait... jfk got shot by the cia and castro?
    oooops i meant by the aliens just ignore the other post.. ohhhh damnn there is a black car parked down the street and two guys wearing dark sunglasses are getting out and damn its dark out..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Davidra....go to one of these truther sites and click on the section on who they are. Read their bios....not many "conservatives" from what I could tell. Whenever someone's bio starts out with "active in the peace, social justice and environmental movements since 1979", I gotta admit, I'm thinking liberal. Oh sure, there will be the occasionl mixed up Republican on one of these sites, but more will be democrats than Republicans for sure. And remember, there are apparently some registerd democrats involved in the Tea-Party as well...so it goes both ways.

So while you libs in here love to crack on the "birthers" (I'll agree, likely Republicans there), I think the crazier folks are the "truthers". Which makes me have to ask this question.....davidra, do you think Bush was involved with the planning of 9/11? Be honest....do you think he knew it was going to happen or that he had people put demolition charges in the buildings?

Earlier this month the television and radio talk show host Glenn Beck interviewed a Texas gubernatorial candidate and insurgent from the Tea Party movement, Debra Medina. In February Medina was running a strong No. 3 in the Republican primary field that includes Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. Medina had looked sharp in debates and was thought to have a chance at knocking off Hutchison and forcing a runoff with Perry.
    Around the U.S., insurgent Tea Party movement candidates like Medina are rising to challenge incumbent Republicans. In Florida conservative Marco Rubio is polling miles ahead of Gov. Charlie Crist in the Republican primary for U.S. Senator. In Arizona former radio shock jock J. D. Hayworth might give John McCain the run of this life in a U.S. Senate race.
    So Medina's rise in Texas has not been an isolated phenomenon. Tea Party conservatives have been given a boost by conservative talk radio and Fox News hosts such as Beck and Sean Hannity. Thus when Debra Medina got on the phone with Beck, she did so presuming a friendly interview. And that is what she got, until Beck asked Medina if the rumors were true that Medina was a "9/11 Truther"--someone who believes that the U.S. government was involved in the September 2001 attacks.
    A layup, an easy denial, but :
    "I don't have all of the evidence there Glenn, so I'm not in a place, I have not been out publicly questioning that. I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard, there are some very good arguments and I think the American people have not seen all the evidence there, so I have not taken a position on that."

---------
    Nor is the 9/11 Truth movement exclusively right wing. The belief in U.S. government complicity in 9/11 exists at both wings. The belief gathered its initial momentum on the political far left during George W. Bush's presidency. President Obama's first (and ex-) green czar, Van Jones, was sympathetic to both Karl Marx and the 9/11 Truth movement.
    Not very often do you see the far right and the far left believing the same thing. But these are disruptive days. As male unemployment and its associated psychological maladies increase, so does the willingness of many men to indulge in paranoid conspiracy theories. (For reasons too lengthy to explain, women do not fall for conspiracy theories at the same rate as men.)
    Question for politically conservative candidates with Tea Party support: What do you do if your backers are 9/11 Truthers? Do you play footsie with them, as Debra Medina does? Or do you take a principled stand and cut the Truthers' nuts off? You have to cut them off. The Truther movement is toxic, both on the left and right.
    And I suspect that if Redstate.com felt obligated to disassociate themselves from truthers, one might suspect that a good number of them are right wingers....wouldn't you think?

We’ve always banned truthers at RedState. Increasingly, we have also banned a number of individuals who think Barack Obama is disqualified from being President because despite the Republican Governor of Hawaii confirming the legitimacy of the Democratic President’s birth origin as a citizen of the United States these birthers (”birfers” because it sounds as crazy as they are) refuse to move on.
    Today I want to reaffirm and make it more definitive. If you think 9/11 was an inside job or you really want to debate whether or not Barack Obama is an American citizen eligible to be President, RedState is not a place for you.
    Birfers and Truthers are not welcome here. Period. End of Story.
    But I want to expand on this too.
    The tea party movement is in danger of getting a bad reputation for allowing birfers and truthers to share the stage. At the National Tea Party, Joseph Farah treated the birfer issue as legitimate. In Texas, tea party activists have rallied to Debra Medina who, just yesterday, refused to definitely dismiss the 9/11 truther conspiracy as crackpot nonsense. If a candidate cannot do that, we cannot help that candidate. It’s that simple
    Public Policy Polling’s ongoing survey of American attitudes about presidential conspiracy theories continues with a fascinating look at the “birther” and “truther” sympathies of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. One takeaway: While some conservatives have brushed aside criticism of the “birthers” in their based by criticizing 9/11 conspiracy theorists on the left, there are far more conservative “birthers” than liberal “truthers.”

Forty-two percent of Republicans say President Obama was born outside the United States, while only 37 percent say he was born here. Twenty-five percent of Democrats say President George W. Bush let 9/11 happen, while 63 percent say he didn’t. Sixty-two percent of “liberals” say no, as do 62 percent of people who say they voted for Obama. The only element of the Democratic Party’s base with considerable 9/11 “truth” sympathies? African-Americans, only 46 percent of whom rule out a Bush connection.
    Oh....libertarians. Do you consider them liberals? Even Michelle Malkin, the second craziest biyatch on earth, thinks Ron Paul is a buffoon for being a truther.

Trutheriness and Ron Paul
    By Michelle Malkin • May 19, 2007 11:08 AM First, some corrections: Last week, on John Gibson’s Fox News Channel show, “The Big Story,” I was asked to comment on 9/11 conspiracy theorists and Ron Paul. In the segment, I referred to “Students and Scholars for Truth.” The accurate name of the group I was referring to is “Student Scholars for 9/11 Truth.” (There’s a separate group called “Scholars for 9/11 Truth,” which I’ve blogged about previously.) I also stated that Paul appeared on campus with Student Scholars for 9/11 Truth. This is incorrect. The incident I was referring to was an exchange that took place at a campaign house party, not during an on-campus joint appearance, as I mistakenly stated. I regret the errors and am forwarding this post to The Big Story producers so that they can air these corrections if they wish to do so.

Unfortunately for Ron Paul and his hysterical minions, those errors–which are being treated like Rathergate and Jayson Blair-gate in the left and libertarian fever swamps of the blogosphere–do not cleanse him of his Truther-y stain. Allah, Ace, and Dean Barnett all plumbed Paul’s conspiratorial depths–including Bircher-era/Rosie O’Donnell-esque claims that America is poised to manufacture a Gulf of Tonkin incident to go to war with Iran and his repeat appearances on the radio show of bottom-feeding 9/11 conspiracist Alex Jones.

About 90 percent of the hate mail I’ve received supporting Ron Paul comes from Truther nuts.
    And how easily you seem to forget about Philip Berg...who brought both a lawsuit against Bush for being involved in 9/11, and a suit against Obama's legitimacy for the office of president. The king, if you will, of both the birthers and truthers. Think he's a democrat? Guess again.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314