Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    So how exactly does an undocumented immigrant pay taxes?
    http://www.americanimmigrationcounci...11-29-07_0.pdf

The Social Security Administration (SSA) has concluded that undocumented immigrants “account for a major portion” of the billions of dollars paid into the Social Security system under names or social security numbers that don’t match SSA records; payments from which immigrants cannot benefit while undocumented.5 As of October 2005, the reported earnings on which these payments are based—which are tracked through the SSA’s Earnings Suspense File (ESF)—totaled $520 billion.6
    Even at the State Level, Undocumented Immigrants Still Pay More in Taxes Than They Use in Services
    A 2006 study by the Texas State Comptroller found that “the absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion. Undocumented immigrants produced $1.58 billion in state revenues, which exceeded the $1.16 billion in state services they received.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    So I'm supposed to feel bad cause they chose to acquire fake documents and pay taxes instead of doing it the right way? I said it before, Play stupid games - Win stupid prizes.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    So I'm supposed to feel bad cause they chose to acquire fake documents and pay taxes instead of doing it the right way? I said it before, Play stupid games - Win stupid prizes.
    The problem is that the extra money going into the SSA doesn't translate to extra funds for emergency rooms.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    lol based on one article.. ya all the provinces are reassessing the costs.. but it still dont cost me out of pocket.. yes i pay taxes.. but we all do.. including the docs, nurses, illegals, hospital ceos etc etc.. yes we pay more then you do.. but its a fair trade off..

so no fastback its not a fail.. in fact, when they tried to close down services here, diabetes center out patient services, the local pop fought back, unions found money,, to give back. docs started being a little more ethical in their billing.. etc etc. end result net gain.. lolol fact as a percentage of tax we still pay less then you do for the same service, a lot less.. Fact, hospitals in the states regularly hit the graduating classes of nurses and doctors to hire them away, seems they are considered better trained, especially the nurses. fact most of the nurses go south for five years, make an absolute killing and come back and work in canadian hospitals. is our system perfect NO, I have said that before ..
    lol, keep telling yourself this.

my health insurance for the wife and myself is like $55 every 2 weeks

in other words, my taxes + my health insurance < your taxes
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post

you have no idea,, none... which is typical
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    So how exactly does an undocumented immigrant pay taxes?
    Whether you are paid weekly, biweekly, you have your deductions taken on every single cheque. no ifs ands or buts, yes like you we do have an underground economy,, the vast majority though is not. even if you manage to get your hands on a sin card number you still pay taxes.. every time you draw your pay. you do not have the option to pay it all at once here..

so by your admission you pay 110 per month,, plus your taxes and social security etc etc.. are you sure you pay less lol not too sure about that.. big difference is ours is lumped into one deduction,, yours is spread over several bills.. im also betting my health coverage is much better then yours.. NO DEDUCTIBLE LOLOL.
    Whether you are paid weekly, biweekly, you have your deductions taken on every single cheque. no ifs ands or buts, yes like you we do have an underground economy,, the vast majority though is not. even if you manage to get your hands on a sin card number you still pay taxes.. every time you draw your pay. you do not have the option to pay it all at once here..
    I would argue in that case, it's the same here in the States.
    so by your admission you pay 110 per month,, plus your taxes and social security etc etc.. are you sure you pay less lol not too sure about that.. big difference is ours is lumped into one deduction,, yours is spread over several bills.. im also betting my health coverage is much better then yours.. NO DEDUCTIBLE LOLOL.
    A breakdown would most likely paint a better picture.

Right, sure it is. If that's the case, either you have a $5000 deductible, your employer is subsidizing a lot of cost, or you have crappy insurance, either in terms of coverage or flexibililty. And lastly, enjoy it while you can.

August 20, 2009, New York, NY— Nationally, family premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance increased 119 percent between 1999 and 2008, and could increase another 94 percent to an average $23,842 per family by 2020 if cost growth continues on its current course, according to a new Commonwealth Fund report.
    I would argue in that case, it's the same here in the States.
    personally, i would love to see an end to the underground economy. Here in Canada, its worth millions annually. A lot of money changes hands, a lot of unpaid taxes. Every where I have been, and I am sure its the same for many here, people complain about the amount of taxes they have to pay. As to a breakdown of our system, I am not even sure there is one, outside of the pension plan and the unemployment benefits. Feds collect money and transfer to provinces for health and so on.
    As I have said before, our system is not perfect, but compared to many, its damn good.
    Oh as to what our Rotary Club does, for cash, several things, Large Waterfront festival, which generates about half of what we give away each year, another is a dinner and auction, it generates the other half, 3 years ago we started doing a Rib festival, it is building nicely, projected this year is about 45 k clear.
    Plus we have lolol fines, for real and imagined ummm issues, that I believe generates about 7-10 k a year. Our club, has a member that headed up Polio Eradication for a year, as well as being 2nd in command of it for the world for several more. He was the one that got your govt mine and a bunch of others, along with the Gates foundation to part with a wack of money. Yes, the club is made up with double A and Triple A types. The town has a population of 17,500 on the north shore of lake Ontario, 160 members, most of them retirees. Who like to give back to people. We were tapped to help build the local hospital a few years back. We are about to be tapped even bigger to help fund a new community centre. Not sure, frankly if that one will go through. If you want good money, for your project(s), do a ribfestival.. you just need the people to volunteer to do things, bring in local talent for entertainment, contract professional ribbers, get a wack of tables chairs and what not together in a park,, and ohhh run the bar.. frankly thats where the money is,,sell beer, wine water juice and what not. charge the ribbers a fee to be there, get other non competing vendors in, ie ice cream, fries, and again charge them to be there, flat or percentage works. Bobs your uncle.
    With a decent turn out, you should net about 25 k first year... ohh its an all weekend thing friday sat and sun.. plan it to be an annual thing...
    With 2 more terrorists arrested last night in NJ, can we now start to call these Muslims "Whack-O-Moles"? I would love to see daThomas start a thread about being tired of these Muslim's who want to kill Americans. Instead, he sees a greater threat by white Tea-Party members who apparently are about to go on wild shooting sprees. So really, who is the greater threat.....the folks at the Tea Party rallies, or Muslim Terrorists?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    With 2 more terrorists arrested last night in NJ, can we now start to call these Muslims "Whack-O-Moles"? I would love to see daThomas start a thread about being tired of these Muslim's who want to kill Americans. Instead, he sees a greater threat by white Tea-Party members who apparently are about to go on wild shooting sprees. So really, who is the greater threat.....the folks at the Tea Party rallies, or Muslim Terrorists?
    For the future of the United States, the fringe element of the T*baggers are worse. They would have US citizens die from lack of health care, allow industries to go bankrupt, arm children in schools, provide no oversight for industry like the oil companies...it's not even close. All T*baggers? That's not what I said. The divisive fringe right, the McVeighs and the Koreshes and the armed militias and flake candidates saying things like "we're going to take our country back" are far worse. So are loudmouthed liars and morons like Limbaugh and Beck.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    For the future of the United States, the fringe element of the T*baggers are worse. They would have US citizens die from lack of health care, allow industries to go bankrupt, arm children in schools, provide no oversight for industry like the oil companies...it's not even close. All T*baggers? That's not what I said. The divisive fringe right, the McVeighs and the Koreshes and the armed militias and flake candidates saying things like "we're going to take our country back" are far worse. So are loudmouthed liars and morons like Limbaugh and Beck.
    laughin, and not with you. That post has got to be about the least thought out I have read in a while. Pretty much sums up your rational and thought process.
    laughin, and not with you. That post has got to be about the least thought out I have read in a while. Pretty much sums up your rational and thought process.
    Given the relative thought processes commenting on it, I consider that a great compliment. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    McVeigh and Koresh were Tea Partiers? Why not add Richard Ramirez and Charles Manson to the list as well? Oh yeah, I forgot, Manson is more admired by the Weather Underground! I'm quite sure you can draw no real correlation but I'd love to see you try.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    McVeigh and Koresh were Tea Partiers?
    Hey...one right wing extremist is pretty much like another. You know, just like all democrats support the Weather Underground.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Hey...one right wing extremist is pretty much like another. You know, just like all democrats support the Weather Underground.
    I never said all Democrats support the WU, did I? But you've done your fair share of defending some of their former members (including the one's who "dig" Manson).

Anyway, I'm glad you agree that broadbrushing whole groups of people is silliness.
    And....while eating lunch I was watching on the National Geographic Channel about the 9/11 Truther folks....OMG....the number of things these people say happened to allow Bush to orchestrate this is amazing. Why, I had not idea Bush could lead such an amazingly intricate undercover job. I was curious, so I went to one of their websites, and the site reaked of liberalism. Go look at the "whack-o-moles" who support the theories that 9/11 was an "inside job". As crazy as those people are, liberals like daThomas and davidra believe we should fear the tea-party folks. Amazing.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I was curious, so I went to one of their websites, and the site reaked of liberalism.
    Naturally you'd think that.

Adherents of the 9/11 Truth movement come from diverse social backgrounds.[1][28][31] The movement draws adherents from people of diverse political beliefs including liberals, conservatives, and libertarians.[3][25][31]