Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 268
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    why if i disagree with the whole concept of religion should i be forced to learn more about it? I thought we had a freedom to choose. By the sounds of it, no choice will be given. hmmmmmmm or say I am a hindu devotee why should i be forced to learn/converted to Christianity. Why should my views on religion be any less they yours. wow gotta love these double edged libertarian ideals.
    you know how many classes Ive sat through talking about evolutionary theory or the big bang theory?

    if I can sit through crap about your unbelief, then I expect you to sit through stuff about my belief

    unless you are supporting double standards
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    you know how many classes Ive sat through talking about evolutionary theory or the big bang theory?

    if I can sit through crap about your unbelief, then I expect you to sit through stuff about my belief

    unless you are supporting double standards
    Except that Evolution and the scientific origins of the universe are substantiated by an incredible preponderance of evidence, while "sitting through stuff about your belief" is a clear violation of the Constitution.

    Again, you're confusing two distinctly different concepts: Teaching religion, and all of it's theological and philisophical elements - versus - teaching about religion and it's impact on history and civilization.
    Agreed, and the impact of religion is typically taught in many public schools' social studies curriculum. As long as it's balanced and doesn't proselytize, it's perfectly appropriate.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Except that Evolution and the scientific origins of the universe are substantiated by an incredible preponderance of evidence, while "sitting through stuff about your belief" is a clear violation of the Constitution.
    yes, incredible evidence lol

    Chaotic Inflation theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    Not sure what the point of the link is, but okay.....
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Not sure what the point of the link is, but okay.....
    the link, is one of science own "theories" (like all their other fouled up theories) that blows a hole in everything else. the reason it does is that even though they claim the universe is 13 billion years old, that in fact, their was an instant, rapid expansion that happened outside of time and how much it expanded.....no one knows....so its a giant X in the middle of every calculation ever made.

    in other words, they cant even fit their own theories within their own theories.

    this doesnt even touch "all matter compressed into the size of a pin head" (lol @ that one) or why their evolution has stopped, or why fossils dont support their evolutionary theories, how radon and carbon dating is studied for a few years and all the sudden is capable of dating millions of years with no support, etc. I could go on and on.

    Im going to stick with God. You can continue to believe in the contradictory and constantly changing.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Again, you're confusing two distinctly different concepts: Teaching religion, and all of it's theological and philisophical elements - versus - teaching about religion and it's impact on history and civilization.

    Why would you shut out history? Who's the closed minded one here?
    Not confused at all, your choice of words not mine, if you as it was pointed out, wish to teach about the crusades and what not, no problem, in fact i want that taught, it was that sort of thing that made me look hard at religion in the first place, and dump it into the trash bin. I have no faith in what they will teach, it will be bible school, and how its good for your soul and just believe, if you just believe it will set you free... etc etc.. stick to what can be proved, fine, dont point a series of books that you call a bible, and say its proof, all you have to do is believe... now that is just plain wrong, heck, there are a bunch of people out there that honestly believe the world is flat,,, that if you go too far you will fall off.. the same group do not believe man has been to the moon.. but hey.. what do i know... I dont believe in your god.. your religion,, your way of brain washing individuals to doing what is right for some wack a mole who only wants their money.. so he can go play with his boy toys in some asian country.. ohhhh right, thats not religions fault thats mans,, he had a choice,, my point over and over again,, religion is a tool, used by the unscrupulous to take the naive for everything,, including their lives...
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    the link, is one of science own "theories" (like all their other fouled up theories) that blows a hole in everything else. the reason it does is that even though they claim the universe is 13 billion years old, that in fact, their was an instant, rapid expansion that happened outside of time and how much it expanded.....no one knows....so its a giant X in the middle of every calculation ever made.

    in other words, they cant even fit their own theories within their own theories.

    this doesnt even touch "all matter compressed into the size of a pin head" (lol @ that one) or why their evolution has stopped, or why fossils dont support their evolutionary theories, how radon and carbon dating is studied for a few years and all the sudden is capable of dating millions of years with no support, etc. I could go on and on.

    Im going to stick with God. You can continue to believe in the contradictory and constantly changing.
    ummm evolution has stopped??? says who?
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    ummm evolution has stopped??? says who?
    they havent shown its continuing.....heck, theres not a single monkey around thats evolving. I feel bad, that some monkeys evolved and others didnt. Guess the ones that didnt were the dumber monkeys?

    but, they skirt this issue by claiming it takes "millions of years". In other words, "we've never seen it and you'll never see it, so just trust us"
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  9. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    Not confused at all, your choice of words not mine, if you as it was pointed out, wish to teach about the crusades and what not, no problem, in fact i want that taught, it was that sort of thing that made me look hard at religion in the first place, and dump it into the trash bin. I have no faith in what they will teach, it will be bible school, and how its good for your soul and just believe, if you just believe it will set you free... etc etc.. stick to what can be proved, fine, dont point a series of books that you call a bible, and say its proof, all you have to do is believe... now that is just plain wrong, heck, there are a bunch of people out there that honestly believe the world is flat,,, that if you go too far you will fall off.. the same group do not believe man has been to the moon.. but hey.. what do i know... I dont believe in your god.. your religion,, your way of brain washing individuals to doing what is right for some wack a mole who only wants their money.. so he can go play with his boy toys in some asian country.. ohhhh right, thats not religions fault thats mans,, he had a choice,, my point over and over again,, religion is a tool, used by the unscrupulous to take the naive for everything,, including their lives...
    Man, you really have a lot of pent up anger here against religion. I can tell. Why is that?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    they havent shown its continuing.....heck, theres not a single monkey around thats evolving. I feel bad, that some monkeys evolved and others didnt. Guess the ones that didnt were the dumber monkeys?

    but, they skirt this issue by claiming it takes "millions of years". In other words, "we've never seen it and you'll never see it, so just trust us"
    at least in evolution they acknowledge that a day is a day.. not some well were not sure thing.. the time frame humans have been cognizant is a tiny tiny fraction of time. I guess fossil records, based over 100s of thousands of years are not proof enough for you.. okkk you keep on "believing" what ever keeps you warm at night.. by the way.. evolution is not quite as quick as our short little lives.. or does that concept escape you as well.
    Last edited by xForsaken; 06/03/2010 at 09:22 PM.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Man, you really have a lot of pent up anger here against religion. I can tell. Why is that?
    i dislike people who use this religion thing as a crutch. Stand up for yourself. Religion is a crutch, period. Religion has been the rational for millions up on millions of deaths. Billions of people have suffered because of religion. I dont care what kind of religion, its all religion. Jewish, its off shoots of Christianity and Islam. A myriad of others from Hindu, to Sikh etc etc.. Too many people have died, tortured, etc etc all in the name of religion.
    You just gotta luv a god that "turns over a new leaf" sorta, after lolol drowning the world lolol gives his "only son" etc etc.. an eye for an eye.. wow.. but hey,, like i said a post ago.. whatever keeps you warm at night.. personally, I wouldnt cross the street to **** on the pope if he was on fire..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    i dislike people who use this religion thing as a crutch. Stand up for yourself. Religion is a crutch, period. Religion has been the rational for millions up on millions of deaths. Billions of people have suffered because of religion. I dont care what kind of religion, its all religion. Jewish, its off shoots of Christianity and Islam. A myriad of others from Hindu, to Sikh etc etc.. Too many people have died, tortured, etc etc all in the name of religion.
    You just gotta luv a god that "turns over a new leaf" sorta, after lolol drowning the world lolol gives his "only son" etc etc.. an eye for an eye.. wow.. but hey,, like i said a post ago.. whatever keeps you warm at night.. personally, I wouldnt cross the street to **** on the pope if he was on fire..
    WOW.....what is up with you and davidra? ROFL Can't you get medication in Canada? I guess if we had no religion in the world there would be no wars and evil people, huh? I guess everyone would be holding hands....rocking back and forth....and singing kumbaya all day long. Do you discount the good things that people do in the name of God? Something tells me that if there was no religion, this world would be an even scarier place to live....but hey....that is just my opinion (sorry davidra).
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    WOW.....what is up with you and davidra? ROFL Can't you get medication in Canada? I guess if we had no religion in the world there would be no wars and evil people, huh? I guess everyone would be holding hands....rocking back and forth....and singing kumbaya all day long. Do you discount the good things that people do in the name of God? Something tells me that if there was no religion, this world would be an even scarier place to live....but hey....that is just my opinion (sorry davidra).
    your sarcasm is weak at best. Remember, we have universal health care, so if i needed medicating, I unlike you with your past and oh ya present health care wouldnt go broke buying it, in fact it would not cost me anything, no, we would still have evil people, but people wouldnt be sucked into the fallacy that is passed off as religion. Think about the lyrics to kumbaya. The good things? What good things wouldnt be done if there was no religion to deal with.. ohhhhh wait,,, all that money those churches collect would actually reach the people they claim they need it for, instead of multiple homes, cars, and a myriad of other things that many of your Jimmy's Swaggarts, etc etc use it for. Buy hey, thats just my opinion.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    your sarcasm is weak at best. Remember, we have universal health care, so if i needed medicating, I unlike you with your past and oh ya present health care wouldnt go broke buying it, in fact it would not cost me anything, no, we would still have evil people, but people wouldnt be sucked into the fallacy that is passed off as religion. Think about the lyrics to kumbaya. The good things? What good things wouldnt be done if there was no religion to deal with.. ohhhhh wait,,, all that money those churches collect would actually reach the people they claim they need it for, instead of multiple homes, cars, and a myriad of other things that many of your Jimmy's Swaggarts, etc etc use it for. Buy hey, thats just my opinion.
    Point to you on Kumbaya lyrics....I guess we wouldn't be singing "my Lord" unless we were singing to Obama. Yes, I too feel sorry for those that get suckered into giving to those religious people....just like when people get suckered into giving to people running Ponze Schemes or false charity organizations or non-religious organizations that end up spending most of the funds collected on anything but the charity....bad people in everything for sure. Heck, even worse, we lose a ton of money giving to our government. My church, though, does a number of mighty good things with the money I give to them.....whether locally, in other areas of our country, or even in other countries. But yes....it's your opinion and I respect your opinion....I don't agree with it....but I do respect your right to have it.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Point to you on Kumbaya lyrics....I guess we wouldn't be singing "my Lord" unless we were singing to Obama. Yes, I too feel sorry for those that get suckered into giving to those religious people....just like when people get suckered into giving to people running Ponze Schemes or false charity organizations or non-religious organizations that end up spending most of the funds collected on anything but the charity....bad people in everything for sure. Heck, even worse, we lose a ton of money giving to our government. My church, though, does a number of mighty good things with the money I give to them.....whether locally, in other areas of our country, or even in other countries. But yes....it's your opinion and I respect your opinion....I don't agree with it....but I do respect your right to have it.
    My Rotary club donates 250 k a year.. to a variety of projects,, locally provincially nationally as well as over seas.. ponzi schemes,,, those ones should be shot slowly.. they prey on the elderly normally,,, i view many of these "churches" as being in the same "class" of people, scum... but again,, just my opinion..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    My Rotary club donates 250 k a year.. to a variety of projects,, locally provincially nationally as well as over seas.. ponzi schemes,,, those ones should be shot slowly.. they prey on the elderly normally,,, i view many of these "churches" as being in the same "class" of people, scum... but again,, just my opinion..
    Wow....$250k a year....what is y'alls fund raiser? Our fund raiser, on a good year, nets about $45k. How big is your club? I guess your club doesn't do a prayer before the meeting, huh? My step-son, age 28 at the time, got caught up in a Ponzi Scheme that I tried to warn him about. He lost some money but I believed learned from it as well. I think these schemes prey on greed more than anything....just my opinion.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    your sarcasm is weak at best. Remember, we have universal health care, so if i needed medicating, I unlike you with your past and oh ya present health care wouldnt go broke buying it, in fact it would not cost me anything,
    fail again

    Soaring costs force Canada to reassess health model - Yahoo! News
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  18. #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    your sarcasm is weak at best. Remember, we have universal health care, so if i needed medicating, I unlike you with your past and oh ya present health care wouldnt go broke buying it, in fact it would not cost me anything.
    Really? It would not cost you anything? You don't have to pay extra taxes for health care? How is your health care funded? Are you saying there is such a thing as a "free lunch"....ummm....I mean free healthcare?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

    "It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    lol based on one article.. ya all the provinces are reassessing the costs.. but it still dont cost me out of pocket.. yes i pay taxes.. but we all do.. including the docs, nurses, illegals, hospital ceos etc etc.. yes we pay more then you do.. but its a fair trade off..

    so no fastback its not a fail.. in fact, when they tried to close down services here, diabetes center out patient services, the local pop fought back, unions found money,, to give back. docs started being a little more ethical in their billing.. etc etc. end result net gain.. lolol fact as a percentage of tax we still pay less then you do for the same service, a lot less.. Fact, hospitals in the states regularly hit the graduating classes of nurses and doctors to hire them away, seems they are considered better trained, especially the nurses. fact most of the nurses go south for five years, make an absolute killing and come back and work in canadian hospitals. is our system perfect NO, I have said that before ..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  20. #240  
    So how exactly does an undocumented immigrant pay taxes?

Posting Permissions