Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    Until they get voted out
    like i said,, conservative republicans are doing a fine job of getting themselves into hot water. between rentboys, coming out of the closet, using staff members as their personal play toys.. hmmm you gotta ask yourself, why all of a sudden are these guys, falling on their swords??? this keeps up their wont be a right wing wacko left..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    As long as all the sheep show up in October to vote, We'll be fine in November.
    Would this be like Charlie Rangel being the chairman of the Ways and Means Committee and yet cheating on his taxes? (I know he has since stepped down after pressure was put on to do so) Or maybe the hypocrisy that Tim Geithner was able to get out of penalties relating to his not paying some $17,000 in taxes and interest? Isn't it somewhat hypocritical that the head of the Treasury would be accused of not paying his share of taxes? Isn't it also hypocritical that they waived the lates fees? What? But he's a democrat? Ohhhhhh......forgot that democrats get passes when they make mistakes. I won't even bring up the democrat who flat out lied about fighting in Vietnam. Has he decided to not run for the Senate because of his lies? My guess is he hasn't.

The guy made a mistake, and he admitted it, and he stepped down. Wouldn't a hypocrite have fought to keep his seat? Seems like many were critical of Sanford for fighting to keep his job after he did something stupid, and you were critical of that. We all make mistakes, but the difference is how you deal with your error(s).
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    damn your right.. what the hell was that guy doing with her.. she aint too bad at all..
    .... kind of like a "Reverse Lewinski"?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Would this be like Charlie Rangel being the chairman of the Ways and Means Committee and yet cheating on his taxes? (I know he has since stepped down after pressure was put on to do so) Or maybe the hypocrisy that Tim Geithner was able to get out of penalties relating to his not paying some $17,000 in taxes and interest? Isn't it somewhat hypocritical that the head of the Treasury would be accused of not paying his share of taxes? Isn't it also hypocritical that they waived the lates fees? What? But he's a democrat? Ohhhhhh......forgot that democrats get passes when they make mistakes. I won't even bring up the democrat who flat out lied about fighting in Vietnam. Has he decided to not run for the Senate because of his lies? My guess is he hasn't.

The guy made a mistake, and he admitted it, and he stepped down. Wouldn't a hypocrite have fought to keep his seat? Seems like many were critical of Sanford for fighting to keep his job after he did something stupid, and you were critical of that. We all make mistakes, but the difference is how you deal with your error(s).
    Don't forget Congressman Bill Jefferson (D)... You know, the guy that likes to stash $90,000 of the cash in the freezer, in $10,000 increments wrapped in aluminum foil and stuffed inside frozen-food containers.

How long did he refuse to step down from Rangel's committee before he was finally forced out? Like a year, if I remember right.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    I'm not defending the guy, but this whole thing from folks in here that are so quick to jump on a Republican for doing something really stupid or bad, yet I guess completely forget about their own side, is just crazy.

I guess Republicans need to simply find candidates that are perfect like democrats.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
  8.    #28  
    I'm not defending the guy, but this whole thing from folks in here that are so quick to jump on a Republican for doing something really stupid or bad, yet I guess completely forget about their own side, is just crazy.

I guess Republicans need to simply find candidates that are perfect like democrats.

There are crooks and scoundrels on both sides. But the hatred that these aholes drum up toward gays, and their holier-than-thou attitude about family values, is the measure of hypocrisy...not criminality. I have no knowledge that what you espouse about Geithner and Rangel is actually true, or at least is as clear as this example. You tend toward hyperbole and exaggeration when you're attacking democrats. And these examples, Craig, or the rest I mentioned, are really not unclear, are they? There's no interpretation of tax law in getting a sensual massage from a male prostitute. There is a difference. I'd suggest the following: keep your trap shut about family values and drumming up hatred for gays if you are sleeping with your staff and playing catcher with a male prostitute. And you know what? That goes for Edwards, too. It's just that the right takes such glee in pillorying gays and sexual freedom, that it's imminently satisfying when one of them shows their true colors. However, if there is hope on the republican horizon with regard to sexual mores, it's libertarians. I can't wait to see how the republican establishment is going to deal with Rand Paul's voting record on gay marriage.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I love the way you use such broad brush strokes, davidra.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgem View Post
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman
    i would lolol
    davidra has a point, and the brush stroke, being wide is quite accurate. Lets face it, the ones in the news, are the ones getting caught doing what they feel is against god and family values etc etc.. no pass though on the dems who get caught, hell though if i remember right, didnt they try to impeach clinton over a stain... lol..
    i personally could care less if someone is gay or or or.. just dont stand there and yell to the rafters that its wrong, vote against gay rights, then turn out to be a closet case... I look back over the years, the jimmy swaggarts, who was that other one,, with the wife that wore too much makeup and cried all the time tammy or something,, biggest rip off artist of the works at the time, plus he was doing half the choir... all the while dehumanizing people who's sexual lifestyle wasnt what he thought it should be.. lol mean while he was doing exactly what he told them not to.. I look to some in politics, who truly try, they get corrupted, bought off by the lobbyists,, etc etc.. seems that no matter which side of the fence you sit on you get the bad apples. I frankly just dont seem to see the rabidness on the left side of the fence like i do from "some" on the right side. perhaps its the way i view things, but i read a lot, newspapers from around the world, on a daily basis. Again, its the right side i see the zealots on the most. Do not misunderstand me, i see some on the left as well.. they are extreme left to say the least.
    old saying, and perhaps some of these wing nuts should ad hear to it, dont throw bricks when you live in a glass house. Some one always throws something back, or you drop the damn brick and then......
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I love the way you use such broad brush strokes, davidra.
    Admittedly, you are an exception with regard to support for gays....which is why I can't understand why you don't take more offense at these purveyors of hatred toward gays, who represent the majority of conservative thought.
    [QUOTE=jewel;2460346]And anyone living on this Earth is subject to God's law. As sure as all people will all die one day it's sure that we will all face God.[/QUOTE

we will all face god? How on earth could you make that statement? I'm not to sure has anybody came back and told you they faced god? Was it the little book you read that someone wrote and you believe to be true? Don't make such statements.
    I think what some folks just refuse to understand is that everyone is HUMAN AND SUBJECT TO up. If a person is an alcoholic, but gets treatment, gets to a point where he/she no longer drinks, and goes out and "preaches" about the dangers of drinking too much, but then relapses.....is that person a hypocrite or just having a set back? I mean, it was that person's decision to take the first drink....he/she didn't have to drink, but they made the decision to drink (they knew it was wrong) and yet it led to their relapse. Married people get tempted and if things maybe aren't going well at home they may find themselves doing exactly what they believe is wrong. Does that mean they can't ever say that having an extramarital affair is wrong? Apparently Davidra has had a marriage where everything was perfect the entire time....I congratulate you on that! By the way, I am not saying having an affair is a good way to fix a marriage problem

Another example, which Davidra seemed to conveniently over look, was former NY Governor Eliot Spitzer. I mean geez, talk about a hypocrite, didn't he used to go after folks as Attorney General for being involved in prostitution rings? So it's bad for other folks to go to prostitutes...gotta put them in jail....but fine for him since he is a democratic Governor, is that how it works? Are you going to now tell me that I'm exagerating his participation? And oh, yes, he was a married man. And I believe there was even some question on where the money came from to which he paid for them thar ladies of the night. Didn't he try and hide the money path? I'm sure if this was happening today, Davidra would be starting a post about how Spitzer was such a hypocrite, right? I doubt it....you see....Davidra believes a democrat is allowed to do such things...apologize....and be forgiven. But a Republican do this?....why....the shame! Hang him by his !

And Davidra....are you saying you don't believe Rangel cheated on his taxes? My guess is you simply don't want to do your "google" search for things involving a democrat, huh? Do a quick google....try this "charles rangel tax evasion" and you'll find plenty of info on this major hypocrite.

[QUOTE=mmcnamara43;2462991]
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    And anyone living on this Earth is subject to God's law. As sure as all people will all die one day it's sure that we will all face God.[/QUOTE

we will all face god? How on earth could you make that statement? I'm not to sure has anybody came back and told you they faced god? Was it the little book you read that someone wrote and you believe to be true? Don't make such statements.
    Perhaps a different topic...and this topic was already beaten to death....but I believe it is called "faith". That doesn't mean you have to believe it....you don't have to at all....but some people believe this, why knock him for it? Does it hurt or damage you if he...or I....want to believe this? I'm not saying you are an antheist, but why do atheists feel so threatened by people's faith in God?

[QUOTE=clemgrad85;2463058]
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post

Perhaps a different topic...and this topic was already beaten to death....but I believe it is called "faith". That doesn't mean you have to believe it....you don't have to at all....but some people believe this, why knock him for it? Does it hurt or damage you if he...or I....want to believe this? I'm not saying you are an antheist, but why do atheists feel so threatened by people's faith in God?
    Getting off topic...

I think the issue for atheists and the rest of us agnostics is the declarative statement that we will ALL face god some day. I don't fault people for their faith, however baseless it may be. I fault people for using their faith to declare what will happen to me in my future. We correct 2nd graders for such ridiculous and absolutist claims about what will happen to other people, don't we? And to answer your question, no, it does not hurt or damage me if someone else wants to believe he or she will face their god. It is, however, a tired annoyance when that same person tells the rest of humanity what will certainly happen to them, irregardless of their own personal beliefs (or lack thereof).
    this is the greatest thread.

ever.
    this is offtopic but,

the reason you have so many gay republicans is not that alot of republicans are gay, it's that some gays become republican cause they want to hide the fact that they are gay. So they become anti gay.

i may look at this post tomorrow and think i was being dumb.. This just hit me..
  19.    #39  
    I think what some folks just refuse to understand is that everyone is HUMAN AND SUBJECT TO up. If a person is an alcoholic, but gets treatment, gets to a point where he/she no longer drinks, and goes out and "preaches" about the dangers of drinking too much, but then relapses.....is that person a hypocrite or just having a set back? I mean, it was that person's decision to take the first drink....he/she didn't have to drink, but they made the decision to drink (they knew it was wrong) and yet it led to their relapse. Married people get tempted and if things maybe aren't going well at home they may find themselves doing exactly what they believe is wrong. Does that mean they can't ever say that having an extramarital affair is wrong? Apparently Davidra has had a marriage where everything was perfect the entire time....I congratulate you on that! By the way, I am not saying having an affair is a good way to fix a marriage problem

Another example, which Davidra seemed to conveniently over look, was former NY Governor Eliot Spitzer. I mean geez, talk about a hypocrite, didn't he used to go after folks as Attorney General for being involved in prostitution rings? So it's bad for other folks to go to prostitutes...gotta put them in jail....but fine for him since he is a democratic Governor, is that how it works? Are you going to now tell me that I'm exagerating his participation? And oh, yes, he was a married man. And I believe there was even some question on where the money came from to which he paid for them thar ladies of the night. Didn't he try and hide the money path? I'm sure if this was happening today, Davidra would be starting a post about how Spitzer was such a hypocrite, right? I doubt it....you see....Davidra believes a democrat is allowed to do such things...apologize....and be forgiven. But a Republican do this?....why....the shame! Hang him by his !

And Davidra....are you saying you don't believe Rangel cheated on his taxes? My guess is you simply don't want to do your "google" search for things involving a democrat, huh? Do a quick google....try this "charles rangel tax evasion" and you'll find plenty of info on this major hypocrite.

Allow me to clarify your many misperceptions. I included Spitzer in my comments. Since I don't know whether or not his campaign efforts including concentrating on emphasizing how awful call girls were, and how they were a scourge to NY, I am not sure whether he would approach the level of hypocrisy seen by this dude. If someone chooses to have an extramarital affair, by and large they understand the consequences and they make the decision. That's their decision. I am aware of people that deal with this on a regular basis, and it is between them and their spouse. What I have a problem with is getting on a stump and claiming that he and his party represent "family values" while those scummy democrats are all heathens, all the while poling your staff. If you're trying to claim that this guy, and all these guys have a disease and their sexual meanderings are all explainable by some physiological condition, I suppose that's a possibility. If so they should stop criticizing people that have the same condition.

If Rangel broke the law, he should be prosecuted. As best I can tell, he wasn't, but it sounded to me like he might not be an ideal person to chair that committee. But unless his campaign included a platform on prosecuting people who avoided paying taxes on overseas rental accounts, then it's not the same.

I'm not saying those democrats aren't sketchy; far from it. But it is NOT the same. Lying to your constituents about your hatred for gays while trying to blow somebody in an airport restroom rises to quite a different level of hypocrisy. If you fail to see that, fine.
    hey, if you can, and i am sure you can and will, show me some dems/left wingers, who have or are, doing the same sort of thing, great,, ill slap them as well.. no problem, where it steps over the line is when the hatred thing comes out. Not making excuses here, chairing a committee on taxes and then finding out the same person is cheating on his taxes is bad real bad, but that isnt standing on a stump and preaching hatred.. different by a long shot... show me a dem that does that.. and i will quite willingly give them a smack up side the head.. im an equal op type of person as far as that goes.. one more thing,, how many here, have ummmm "fudged" on their taxes lolol
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast