1.    #1  
    I do . . . Seriously. The only obvious choice currently is the EVO. I'm sorry to start another thread about it, actually I'm not sorry. Maybe this post will knock down some of the ObamaTeaPartyOilSpillHeathcareAdamEveNoah nonsense hanging out in the threads. Annnnnyway, I decided on the Evo, but I won't be gone long, the moment the next WebOS device is released I will own it. Palm/HP would have to go backwards for me not to own a device. Well, back to the reason I am posting, the things I will miss. Cards, the quick launcher, Preware, and the forums. Although my phone service on my pre won't be active it will be stealing my 4G signal from the EVO. I don't think I will be able to completely remove myself. Everything in webOS just makes sense. It works and I love it, but I can't see myself using a device that is a bit behind the times. I'm buying the Evo off contract in hopes of a new device hitting before the end of the year. 720p recording and video chat aren't necessary but they will be fun. I'll be apart of the forums and I will patch and homebrew with all of you. I'll watch the livestreams of events, listen in on HP investor calls, I will stay on the forums till way too late waiting for an OTA update or Kernal launch, and I will still push people towards the Pre. My pocket may have less room, but my heart will be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    I decided on the Evo, but I won't be gone long, the moment the next WebOS device is released I will own it. Palm/HP would have to go backwards for me not to own a device. Well, back to the reason I am posting, the things I will miss. Cards, the quick launcher, Preware, and the forums.
    What if the next Palm device isn't 4G?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

3.    #3  
    regardless of 4G the next webOS device will be my savior from what I am sure to be an Android Hell.
    OP:

Off-topic is supposed to be "off-topic".
    You must agree that all those threads that you have such contempt for, are exactly that.
    This is the place for the adults that don't have a one-track mind (Pre this, Evo that, iPhone whatever) to discuss issues that are just a 'little' deeper.

THIS thread belongs in cross-platform (if you want everything to be in its 'proper' place).
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/18/2010 at 07:09 AM.