Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That's right,
    No point whatsoever.
    Just stuck here at the airport in Ft. Worth.
    Nothing to do.
    Maybe I'll go get a cot.
    find an outlet so your battery will have plenty of charge... its pre time!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Move to the other side of the airport. At least you will be in Dallas.
    Surely you don't mean Meacham airport! Welcome to DFW! It is a great place to visit
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Surely you don't mean Meacham airport! Welcome to DFW! It is a great place to visit
    Yep, we were supposed to catch our flight home at 8:20pm - it got cancelled. Next flight would be 8:30 sunday. Argh! We got a flight saturday morn 6:30am that will channel us thru San Jose to home. They said they could put us up at a hotel for 79 per night. We decided to stay at the Airport and spend the money at the bar.
    I'm presently leaning up next to vending machine listening to pandora while my Treo charges. Wife is reading some book.
    The bar works. But after last call then what?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7.    #7  
    I'll get a cot and crash.
    continuing chit chat....
    How is the weather there and what is your drink of choice?
    Guinness baby.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
  9.    #9  
    Thunderstorms.
    Margaritas.
    My wife wants to crash.
    Logging out.
    All good now?

We want them!!!
    I've been DFW Airport before, at least it's a nice airport with lots of windows. Much better than being stuck at Atlanta airport. No offence to Atlantians.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I've been DFW Airport before, at least it's a nice airport with lots of windows. Much better than being stuck at Atlanta airport. No offence to Atlantians.
    It's not like you said Atlanta sucks. That'd be mean, and for the most part I like Atlanta.

I think you might find most people in Atlanta think their airport sucks.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    It's not like you said Atlanta sucks. That'd be mean, and for the most part I like Atlanta.

I think you might find most people in Atlanta think their airport sucks.
    I got bumped in Atlanta two years ago. Went to the hotel and grabbed some red/orange sand. Then my wife and I went bar hopping and I would have to say the People were all very nice. And it's not like we yanks don't stand out.
    As far as the airports. Atlanta is nice but it has overgrown itself and the airlines are always changing the gates at the LAST min. DFW. What can I say. It's Texas. They are another country.

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I got bumped in Atlanta two years ago. Went to the hotel and grabbed some red/orange sand. Then my wife and I went bar hopping and I would have to say the People were all very nice. And it's not like we yanks don't stand out.
    As far as the airports. Atlanta is nice but it has overgrown itself and the airlines are always changing the gates at the LAST min. DFW. What can I say. It's Texas. They are another country.
    I'll say we stick out. Atlanta was the first time I was called a Yankee. It made me laugh. The reason I was called a Yankee is because I asked what a particular popular southern food was.

Atlanta Airport has way too many people in a convoluted maze. DFW Airport is nice and fairly organized.

I'll say we stick out. Atlanta was the first time I was called a Yankee. It made me laugh. The reason I was called a Yankee is because I asked what a particular popular southern food was.

Atlanta Airport has way too many people in a convoluted maze. DFW Airport is nice and fairly organized.
    I have to know, what food did you ask about?
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I have to know, what food did you ask about?
    I can't remember the place I went to, but they had a buffet of sorts. You walk down the line and choose what you want. One of the servers was standing in front of a large tub of something. It looked interesting, but I know from my experience in the Philippines to not simply eat something because it looks interesting.

So, I asked the lady what this interesting stuff was, and she gave me the evil eye.

"Them's chitlins"

"Uh... what's that?"

The lady behind me explained, after which I decided not to try them. For which I was given the Yankee treatment. The three ladies behind the counter all started laughing and pointing. It was very funny.

I'll never forget the first time I had a layover at ATL. I wanted to get some fresh air so I started walking, after about 25 min. and what seemed like 2 miles of walking I finally made it to the entrance. By the time I got there however, I had to go right back to catch my flight. lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I'll never forget the first time I had a layover at ATL. I wanted to get some fresh air so I started walking, after about 25 min. and what seemed like 2 miles of walking I finally made it to the entrance. By the time I got there however, I had to go right back to catch my flight. lol
    Getting outside does not provide fresh air.

I can't remember the place I went to, but they had a buffet of sorts. You walk down the line and choose what you want. One of the servers was standing in front of a large tub of something. It looked interesting, but I know from my experience in the Philippines to not simply eat something because it looks interesting.

So, I asked the lady what this interesting stuff was, and she gave me the evil eye.

"Them's chitlins"

"Uh... what's that?"

The lady behind me explained, after which I decided not to try them. For which I was given the Yankee treatment. The three ladies behind the counter all started laughing and pointing. It was very funny.
    LOl so did you try them out?

I moved down here to Atlanta 3 years ago after living in NYC my whole life and i STILL can't get used to it here.
    (btw- all my co-workers here call me yankee too)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast