Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ... Do you think it would be taken seriously?
    How good (or horrible) of a job do you think i would do?

(Yes, i do realize that i'm opening myself up to all kinds of typographical abuse, but hey, you only live once.)
    I suspect you would do a terrific job.

Now, if you do not "thank" me, I'll just edit it to HORRIBLE job! lol

Seriously, I have a positive opinion of you and think you'd do well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I suspect you would do a terrific job.

Now, if you do not "thank" me, I'll just edit it to HORRIBLE job! lol

Seriously, I have a positive opinion of you and think you'd do well.
    I left the "mobile" side of the site and went to the full site just to hit the "thanks" button.
    ha ha. That is hilarious
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I'd make a better Mod, look at my post count and join date: means I haven't had a chance to form an opinion of any members so I'll be unbiased and just.

If it's down to popularity, your screwed. People love to hate dbd.

If it's down to clever one liners... we're screwed.

Funny picture------- dbd and his cat.

If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    ... Do you think it would be taken seriously?
    How good (or horrible) of a job do you think i would do?

(Yes, i do realize that i'm opening myself up to all kinds of typographical abuse, but hey, you only live once.)
    Personally, the large number of post you have accumulated tells me you need a vacation, and intervention, certainly NOT more reasons to be on PreCentral more...

What would be the motivation? More complaints from crabby users? More time away from the family? It seems like a dirty, thankless job to me.... Other than warning users and closing posts, what can a moderator do that would be beneficial?

I'm always happy to help people that ask, but it never occurred to me that I needed a badge to do it. Maybe I need to dig up an FAQ to see what the benefit would be...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It seems like a dirty, thankless job to me....
    Actually, it's not that bad....

Now this is a dirty thankless job....

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    As a mod elsewhere... don't ask about it. It is largely a thankless job, there will always be people who think you are not doing it right, yadda yadda yadda. And you may spend more time on the site but less time doing what you came there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    If it's down to popularity, your screwed. People love to hate dbd.

If it's down to clever one liners... we're screwed.

Funny picture------- dbd and his cat.

The thanks was for the picture and the awesome quote in your signature. It's the only Disney show I'll watch with my kid.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    The thanks was for the picture and the awesome quote in your signature. It's the only Disney show I'll watch with my kid.
    Seriously. Phineas and Ferb is very funny. My kids usually watch educational shows, but Phineas and Ferb is one the whole family can watch. Plus the humor goes over their heads most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    As a mod elsewhere... don't ask about it. It is largely a thankless job, there will always be people who think you are not doing it right, yadda yadda yadda. And you may spend more time on the site but less time doing what you came there for.

+1

(Mod in a "small" 16.000 member forum - 2h work/day if you do your job properly - And precentral has 81.000 members...)
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    1--- If it's down to popularity, your screwed. People love to hate dbd.

2---- If it's down to clever one liners... we're screwed.

3---- Funny picture------- dbd and his cat.

[IMG]
    1- It's ok.
    I hate to be loved. It makes it too easy to disappoint.

2- Didja hear about the rope joke?
    ....... Skip it.

3- LoL, i'm soooo glad i don't look like that!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Personally, the large number of post you have accumulated tells me you need a vacation, and intervention, certainly NOT more reasons to be on PreCentral more...

What would be the motivation? More complaints from crabby users? More time away from the family? It seems like a dirty, thankless job to me.... Other than warning users and closing posts, what can a moderator do that would be beneficial?

I'm always happy to help people that ask, but it never occurred to me that I needed a badge to do it. Maybe I need to dig up an FAQ to see what the benefit would be...
    I heard they send you a year's supply of free ice cream.
    (Yep, one of those "clever" one-liners.)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    being a moderator can be a pain in the *** at times.

I used to moderate a few car forums/warez forums....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh32 View Post
    I used to moderate a few car forums/warez forums....
    you pirate son of a *****

August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Why not do as I and just watch the post. When it gets heated ask/show the members how to calm down. You have been here a while now and know that the members can get carried away some times. But in general they are fine. What is it that you wish to have or do as a moderator? Where is you resume? As your post count shows you have a low thank count. It will not go up much as a mod.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I'd like to fire two bullets into this idea right now (see what I did there?).

Can you imagine how insane the thread topics would be?

"ψš•--->>**()(()(*Ž&*&^&Ž^(*%&^$&^ Post hζre for questions <-----(*ŽYŽ)*(&^^&%#$(&*#^%*&@$#%*&"

No thanks.

It's bad enough having to see your idiotic thread titles as is. I wouldn't want them to become sticky.

It's a shame really. You could be a wonderful poster here if you just stopped trying to be deliberately annoying and relied on posting interesting content to get people's attention instead of stupid ASCII characters. The double bullet gimmick was old the very first time that you did it.

Asking to be a moderator (even in a roundabout way like this one) should be an immediate disqualification anyway.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post

"ψš•--->>**()(()(*Ž&*&^&Ž^(*%&^$&^ Post hζre for questions <-----(*ŽYŽ)*(&^^&%#$(&*#^%*&@$#%*&"

No thanks.

It's bad enough having to see your idiotic thread titles as is. I wouldn't want them to become sticky.

It's a shame really. You could be a wonderful poster here if you just stopped trying to be deliberately annoying and relied on posting interesting content to get people's attention instead of stupid ASCII characters. The double bullet gimmick was old the very first time that you did it.

Asking to be a moderator (even in a roundabout way like this one) should be an immediate disqualification anyway.

(See what I did there?)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/13/2010 at 04:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post

No thanks.

you sir, struck the heart of the idea with those bullets!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast