Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ..... if he TRULY wanted to cleanse the Earth? Didn't he know it was going to get messed up again anyway, regardless of how "good" Noah was said to have been?
    BTW, this question is being asked assuming that anything in the bible even happened at all.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 05/08/2010 at 07:25 PM.
    It was Eve, not Adam, who sinned originally. Because she was merely the facsimile of perfection, her weakened moral constitution made her susceptible to temptation. Similarly, I posit that it was Noah's wife who reintroduced sin to the newly cleansed world. This is why the Catholic church has a predilection for anointing sexual deviants into the clergy - heterosexuality, by its very nature, is half sinful.

So when I'm cooking in Hell, it's because of my wife. When I was going to Catholic school, I went to church twice a week - once in school and then Sunday service. Since then, I've become an agnostic and a heathen. I own guns, drink alcohol, and even masturbated once. The only thing that changed from my last year of high school and my precipitous decline into amorality was moving out and getting married. You do the math.

edit: Oh, I should mention Toby played a role as well, but I suspect he'd been compromised prior to our debates on these very forums.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 05/21/2010 at 10:43 PM.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Well, I really hope you take the above explanation as the satire it's meant to be. There are certainly times when I think women are the seed of sin, but I have experienced all too often that I carry more responsibility as a husband and father.

You asked a really good question. I believe God didn't kill Noah because his ultimate hope is that man would freely choose to love him. I guess those who were wiped out were kind of left with an ultimatum: believe or drown. The Bible makes it clear that everyone knew what Noah was doing and why he was doing it, so they had a chance to change. God created Man to have a fellowship with him, not to control him, and not to be a dictator to the world. God loves us more than we could ever fathom and that was true for Noah as well. He didn't love Noah any more than he loved everyone else, it's just that Noah was ready to follow when asked.

Further questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    It was Eve, not Adam, who sinned originally. Because she was merely the facsimile of perfection, her weakened moral constitution made her susceptible to temptation. Similarly, I posit that it was Noah's wife who reintroduced sin to the newly cleansed world. This is why the Catholic church has a predilection for anointing sexual deviants into the clergy - heterosexuality, by its very nature, is half sinful.

So when I'm cooking in Hell, it's because of my wife. When I was going to Catholic school, I went to church twice a week - once in school and then Sunday service. Since then, I've become an agnostic and a heathen. I own guns, drink alcohol, and even masturbated once. The only thing that changed from my last year of high school and my precipitous decline into amorality was moving out and getting married. You do the math.

edit: Oh, I should mention Toby played a roll as well, but I suspect he'd been compromised prior to our debates on these very forums.
    adam did not have to eat of the fruit . if he had not it would be very diff. today thats for sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Many of us believe in the Bible as do I, but at many different levels. I will leave that for another time.

There have been times when I look outside the box I have been taught and just look down at the ground and wounder. Look at an ant. Now think of this ant in a clear box with it's whole family. You can have control over the weather and life of the ant family. Now take this thought to a bigger scale. Think of God playing with us in that same box, the universe. It may be like God is playing with his army men. Maybe he just places us in a time and event and creates the situation. Then allowing our family to play it out. It may have never come down to the apple or the flood. It might be just one of those things that God had setup and wanted to see the outcome. My only question is if we have let him down. Will God just sweep his hand and erase everything off the table he is using to play this?

Did this game come in a box? Was it a gift? and if it was, who did the gift come from?
    Does God have a Mom and Dad?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    •• Why did God leave a connection to sinful Adam by sparing Noah .....

Because god is nothing but an evil sadistic mass murderer of epic per-portions, or he's a myth. I subscribe to the later.
  7.    #7  
    These are all very good responses and i really appreciate you guys for this.
    When i have some time later, i would like to be more involved with this discussion.

Thanks.

*Update: Wow, i just so lazslo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    *Update: Wow, i just so lazslo's.
    I know, right? We're God's to stomp as He chooses. Property doesn't get to ask questions.
    -Joshua
    Why does a parent allow a sickly child to grow? Why does an employer continue to employ people who arent 100% billable? Why does a wife continue to love a husband who was adulterous?

Hope. Faith. Or even just an understanding that we are imperfect.

But the question I would love to hear is why arent we better if evolution hints that we shouldve gotten better? How come we still lie, cheat, steal and kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Why did God leave a connection to sinful Adam by sparing Noah .....

Because god is nothing but an evil sadistic mass murderer of epic per-portions, or he's a myth. I subscribe to the later.
    Who would you blame all of the dead people on if God is a myth? You?

Before you answer, would you step out in traffic to save a stranger from certain death....each and everytime it happened? And would you be considered the cause of death if you didnt?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Why does a parent allow a sickly child to grow? Why does an employer continue to employ people who arent 100% billable? Why does a wife continue to love a husband who was adulterous?

Hope. Faith. Or even just an understanding that we are imperfect.

But the question I would love to hear is why arent we better if evolution hints that we shouldve gotten better? How come we still lie, cheat, steal and kill?
    Exactly. Evolution dictates that each generation should love God deeper. The proliferation of godless heathens committing adultery is irrefutable proof of its inaccuracy.
    -Joshua
    Exactly. Evolution dictates that each generation should love God deeper. The proliferation of godless heathens committing adultery is irrefutable proof of its inaccuracy.
    I'd love to see your measurements confirming your claim...

...and you only count as one.
    I'd love to see your measurements confirming your claim...
    I have faith. Proof is the domain of those 'evolutionists.'

...and you dont represent the masses.
    Nope, just me.

edit: it's easier if you specify your edits in case you're quoted...

...and you only count as one.
    It's a good thing fundamental truths are determined by popular vote.
    -Joshua
    God's method is redemption, not replacement.
    I shouldve specified my edit, as I like to be as non-offending as possible when dealing with sensitive subjects (or in general...unless I feel like being sarcastic). My apologies.

The measurement I am really asking for is proof that people have lost faith from the years. The Christian God has never been the world's popular God (see Hinduism and Buddhism). But even if you include the God of all religions who acknowledge a God, do you have measurements that there are more atheistic people now than the beginning? And if you use Adam and Eve (from the Bible) as the start of the human race, then I will concede that that was the only time Christianity was in the majority.
    I shouldve specified my edit, as I like to be as non-offending as possible when dealing with sensitive subjects (or in general...unless I feel like being sarcastic). My apologies.
    Not at all. I really am enjoying myself, but then I've already admitted to a propensity for doing so...

The measurement I am really asking for is proof that people have lost faith from the years. The Christian God has never been the world's popular God (see Hinduism and Buddhism). But even if you include the God of all religions who acknowledge a God, do you have measurements that there are more atheistic people now than the beginning? And if you use Adam and Eve (from the Bible) as the start of the human race, then I will concede that that was the only time Christianity was in the majority.
    I can't find any numbers linking religious belief with population percentage. Weird.

edit: I should clarify that last statement. I am unable to find numbers that correlate to either an increase or decrease in population percentage of a group of people directly as a result of religious belief. Christianity seems to have spread in similar fashion to political ideals - by military or economic conquest. Praying (or not praying) doesn't appear to have had any impact whatsoever. Weird.
    Last edited by dick-richardson; 05/08/2010 at 08:36 PM.
    -Joshua
    I can't find any numbers linking religious belief with population percentage. Weird.
    And since I cant find anything disproving your claim, I guess we are at a standstill.

Nonetheless, Christianity doesnt measure its success on the percentage of population. In fact, the basis of the religion indicates that not everyone WILL be a Christian. Hence, there is a reason Hell exists, according to the Bible.
    And since I cant find anything disproving your claim, I guess we are at a standstill.

Nonetheless, Christianity doesnt measure its success on the percentage of population. In fact, the basis of the religion indicates that not everyone WILL be a Christian. Hence, there is a reason Hell exists, according to the Bible.
    So non-Christians go to Hell? Unequivocally?

edit: Thank God.
    -Joshua
    I've always wondered, what if you get 72 virgins in Hell? Could we both be right?
    -Joshua
    So non-Christians go to Hell? Unequivocally?

edit: Thank God.
    I dont for a second believe that you think I am going to paint non-Christians with that broad brush. If you want to know the criteria, then here it is:

-Have a personal relationship with the God of the Bible
    -Repent from your sins
    -Follow that same God

But addressing your first reply to my first post in this thread, you didnt address how, if evolution 'dictates' improvement, we humans are still the same imperfect beings mostly that we were as far as humans can recall.

I made a similar point in a thread awhile ago surrounding this same topic...If we imperfect beings are trying to understand what a perfect being's reasoning is for something, then why are we debating the original poster's question?
Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast