Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As everyone might know, I'm not a very big MSM fan (including Faux News). But it just so happens that I was sitting in the waiting room today while my son had to undergo knee surgery (torn ACL), and Faux news had a pretty funny story. Well here it is.....

Bisexuals Need Not Apply? - Video - FoxNews.com

FOXNews.com - Bisexual men claim discrimination in Gay World Series

I found this to be pretty funny in the grand scheme of things, considering the league has a "non discrimination clause" and they used both public and private land as well as funds (Wasn't there some complaints about the boyscouts and scout masters with this same issue?).

Here's a post zelgo has in another topic.
    Actually, it's ONLY the Right that's works hard on anti-gay policies--denying gays the right to marry, adopt children, join the military, etc. It's ONLY the Right that claims to have "Family values," a veiled smear of non-"traditional" relationships, including those between gay people.
    I would say that this is pretty "hypocritical", wouldn't you zelgo? Or is it ok to discriminate against bisexuals? Apparantly, the league allows 2 "strait" players per team, but these guys were apparantly bisexuals.

Are the members of the Gay World Series hypocritical???
    Last edited by notaphonegeek; 05/05/2010 at 11:59 PM.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  2.    #2  
    Now I won't go through the whole rule book, but here is one that looks pretty relevent.

http://www.nagaaasoftball.org/documents/IofG.pdf

3.02 To be a nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion of amateur sports
    competition, particularly softball, for all persons regardless of age, sexual orientation or
    preference, with special emphasis on the participation of members of the Gay Community
    :
    and to otherwise foster national and international sports competition by planning,
    promoting and carrying out amateur sports competition.

North American Gay Amateur Athletic Allliance - Introduction

Here's another article from Justice News Flash
    http://www.justicenewsflash.com/2010...004244131.html

Apparantly these players were put up in front of a panel of about 20 judges to determine their "Gay-ness". Pretty humiliating if you ask me. It appears that the old Spanish type Inquisitions are alive and well with this league.
    Last edited by notaphonegeek; 05/05/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    I'm mightily impressed you had the link to their rule book. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm mightily impressed you had the link to their rule book. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    LOL! = +1

Seinfeld reference = +100

Post total = 101

Lol.
    Yup....I saw this on the news as well, and thought it was extremely hypocritical. I to was shocked that Zelgo didn't run with this hypocritical issue right after his post yesterday regarding the hypocritical Christian. But once again, I guess the "double standard" rules apply.

Can you imagine the outrage of the left if a baseball league posted a rule that only 2 gays per team were allowed? Holy cow....the world would be ending if that happened. There would be protests in San Francisco and I'm sure boycotts of every sponsor involved in the league. I find these blatant double standards very annoying. Sometimes common sense dictates who should be participating in an event. For example, the Special Olympics or athletic events for folks with disabilities. But I've never understood the double standard of having, for example, a Miss Black America when if we had a Miss White America the left would be screaming bloody murder. Yup....double standards. I guess discrimination is fine when it works for you?
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Can you imagine the outrage of the left if a baseball league posted a rule that only 2 gays per team were allowed? Holy cow....the world would be ending if that happened. There would be protests in San Francisco and I'm sure boycotts of every sponsor involved in the league. I find these blatant double standards very annoying. Sometimes common sense dictates who should be participating in an event. For example, the Special Olympics or athletic events for folks with disabilities. But I've never understood the double standard of having, for example, a Miss Black America when if we had a Miss White America the left would be screaming bloody murder. Yup....double standards. I guess discrimination is fine when it works for you?
    And the reason you (or the OP for that matter) made this a left/right thing was exactly what? After all, maybe the leadership were all Log Cabin republicans. Again,your assumptions and inclinations are showing.
    And the reason you (or the OP for that matter) made this a left/right thing was exactly what? After all, maybe the leadership were all Log Cabin republicans. Again,your assumptions and inclinations are showing.
    Yup.....years of double standards on the left have done that to me. I'm sure you did the research to try and find out if the leadership were all Log Cabin Republicans, and my guess is you found nuttin indicating that...sooo....I'll stick with my initial post.

And davidra...ROFL...of course neither you, daThomas, or zelgo, or any of your lefty buddies ever make issues a left or right issue, huh? ROFL Good one....as I've said before, you do have a good sense of humor.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    Yup.....years of double standards on the left have done that to me. I'm sure you did the research to try and find out if the leadership were all Log Cabin Republicans, and my guess is you found nuttin indicating that...sooo....I'll stick with my initial post.

And davidra...ROFL...of course neither you, daThomas, or zelgo, or any of your lefty buddies ever make issues a left or right issue, huh? ROFL Good one....as I've said before, you do have a good sense of humor.
    Maybe I missed the point of the issue in the first place. Seemed to me the point was that gays are hypocrites and can discriminate with the best of 'em. Maybe you don't have any gay friends that you know about, but that isn't any surprise to people that know the 10-15% of the population that is gay. They have the same bad habits as republicans.

Oh, and democrats as well, just so you don't have a stroke.
    Maybe I missed the point of the issue in the first place. Seemed to me the point was that gays are hypocrites and can discriminate with the best of 'em. Maybe you don't have any gay friends that you know about, but that isn't any surprise to people that know the 10-15% of the population that is gay. They have the same bad habits as republicans.

Oh, and democrats as well, just so you don't have a stroke.
    LOL...whatever....I don't have any close friends that I'm aware of that are gay....but we do have "the guys" that live at our condo complex. Nice guys....I have no problem with them....but why would I?

Glad to know democrats have bad habits like all us regular folks.

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    According to what reliable study?
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    According to what reliable study?
    OK...this road is not worth going down. Kinsey might have overestimated a little bit at 35% or something like that, but there are no good studies. If you want some, maybe you would agree to let someone follow you around and monitor your behavior. Most people would say that in non-rural areas it's closer to 10%, higher in cities, lower in urban areas. Whatever.

It does appear to be higher, however, among the Christian right gay-bashing individuals.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    OK...this road is not worth going down. Kinsey might have overestimated a little bit at 35% or something like that, but there are no good studies. If you want some, maybe you would agree to let someone follow you around and monitor your behavior. Most people would say that in non-rural areas it's closer to 10%, higher in cities, lower in urban areas. Whatever.

It does appear to be higher, however, among the Christian right gay-bashing individuals.
    I guess it's not worth going down this road if you're not going to supply anything to back up your claims which are, in my opinion, ridiculous.

http://web.archive.org/web/200612190...avior_2003.pdf

Recent figures (Table 9B) indicate that 3.4% of sexually active males have had a male sexual partner in the last 12 months, 4.1% during the last five years, and 4.9% since age 18 (See also Smith, 1991a and Michael, Laumann, and Gagnon, 1993).6 As the time frame is lengthened, the % of men with only male partners declines. Over the last 12 months 2.8% are gay and 0.6% are bisexual, over the last five years it is 2.7% gay and 1.4% bisexual, and since age 18 less than 1% are gay and 4% bisexual.7 Most of those who report both male and female sexual partners since age 18 report only opposite gender partners during the last year (Smith, 1991a). Lesbians follow these same patterns.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    They have the same bad habits as republicans.
    I don't want to know!
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Actually the only known factor causing an increase in Homosexuality (a constant near 3% of the population for females and first born males), is birth order.

Rural and non-rural areas have the same percentage (when more accurate tested, i.e. during a sexual arousal test), a male child born to a mother increases in chance to be homosexual by 30%-44% per older sibling. (There is a reason Salt Lake City has one of the largest homosexual population per capita) (a few sources referenced at the bottom)

But the real point is that yes it is wrong they are continuing the discrimination, but if you remember this can be compared to the African-American's struggle as well. Those born of both races were hated by both races, while you would think African American's would've realized they fight the same fight. It's just history repeating itself, and in 20-50 years the people who fought so hard to continue to hate Homosexuals, and the Homosexuals you hated those fighting the same fight will be dead and those of the following generations will look at shame at their hatred.

Blanchard R, Zucker KJ, Siegelman M, Dickey R, Klassen P (October 1998). "The relation of birth order to sexual orientation in men and women". J Biosoc Sci 30 (4): 511–9. doi:10.1017/S0021932098005112. PMID 9818557.

Ellis L, Blanchard R (2001). "Birth order, sibling sex ratio, and maternal miscarriages in homosexual and heterosexual men and women". Personality and Individual Differences 30: 543–552. doi:10.1016/S0191-8869(00)00051-

Blanchard R (September 2001). "Fraternal birth order and the maternal immune hypothesis of male homosexuality". Horm Behav 40 (2): 105–14. doi:10.1006/hbeh.2001.1681. PMID 11534970.

Puts DA, Jordan CL, Breedlove SM (July 2006). "O brother, where art thou? The fraternal birth-order effect on male sexual orientation". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 103 (28): 10531–2. doi:10.1073/pnas.0604102103. PMID 16815969. PMC 1502267.
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 05/06/2010 at 11:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I love how you can have a gay world series and even dq bisexuals, but the world would come to an end if you had an event that gays couldn't be envolved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Actually, the reason Miss Black America was created was that Miss America was essentially Miss White America.

Now that Miss America has had both black and white winners, does Miss Black America even exist anymore? And if it does, does anyone care?
    Apparently it does still exist:

Miss Black America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Listen....I personally could care less if a baseball league wants to be all black...all gay....all blind....all whatever....but....just allow it to be the other way as well. If a league wants to be all white....or all straight....or all whatever.....if it's private, let it be. No arguement from me on this.

Oh...does anyone care?....well....I do...and I am somebody!

Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I love how you can have a gay world series and even dq bisexuals, but the world would come to an end if you had an event that gays couldn't be envolved in.
    And how many openly gay men are there in professional sports? And I mean openly gay while they are members of the team, not after they retire. They are practically non-existent because they know just like everyone else that if they were "out" the would most likely lose their jobs/sponsorship, whatever.

That is why this kind of thing exists. If people could be who they are and still participate there wouldn't be a need for a gay league or series or whatever.
    For your own safety, however, avoid the baseball games in the blind league...
    LOL....thanks!

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    The 10% of the population being gay comes from Kinsey's Reports--even though Kinsey himself didn't like terms like homosexual or heterosexual. He used a 1 - 6 scale of same sex vs opposite sex attraction.

His reports are described here Kinsey Reports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In it, it says that "The study also reported that 10% of American males surveyed were 'more or less exclusively homosexual for at least three years between the ages of 16 and 55.'"

Those who hate the idea of 10% of the population being gay try to counteract his science by stating that the number is so high because he included the prison population. Actually, he came to that number prior to his work in prisons. Also, he found that percentage across many geographic areas, races, and ethnicities.
    There are many, many more studies that are more accurate and more recent than Kinsey's. My link has pretty extensive footnotes. Regardless of how anyone feels about it, the numbers remain pretty consistent at about 1-3%.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Of course, different studies say different things. They ask different questions, define homosexuality differently, and, particularly with studies around sexuality, allow for differing levels of openness for people to answer the survey questions factually.

Suggesting Kinsey's extensive work on sexuality, most of which is still followed as definitive today, is somehow less accurate is a little silly.
    Do you think the average person living in 1948 or 2008 would be more open about this subject?

I don't know how many gay people there are in the US, but does it really matter?
    Apparently, it does since people are so insistent on inflating the numbers over what studies show them to be.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast