Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    +1 on the Seinfeld comment, that was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Sure, I think this league should include anyone who wants to join, but just as courts have ruled with various St. Patrick's Day Parades and The Boy Scouts, a private group can include whom it wants. The league will determine what this team must do.

Hypocritical? Possibly, but is the right to join a baseball team even in the same league as the right to marry, adopt, and serve in the military? Laughably NO!
    Zelgo, clearly you are mistaking my position. You said in your quote that "only the right" does things like this. You are clearly wrong, but you are also mistaking my position. Both the left and right infringe on the rights of others, it's just simply which side you're on that depends on whose rights actually get infringed.

I have always said that the Government has no place in running our lives, be
    it gay marriage or gun control. The government has no business in strait marriage either. If John Doe want's to let his husband Jim Doe get his life insurance or health insurance than so be it. Like the Boy Scouts, those that run the not for profit "Gay World Series" should be able to decide who can or can not play in their league (though they did clearly violate their own rules). Your assertion that only those on the right seek out to opress others is laughable. My point was to dispute your comment. Nobody corners the market on hypocrisy. What I disliked was how the two people were put before a panel of about 20 people to decide their "Gayness". Clearly, you thinking that it's ok is hypocritical.

I also strongly believe that ones views should not be forced upon another. Our founders knew this, and it's partially why we have a bicameral congress and a system of Government that has checks and balances. We do not need the state of California's values, nor the states of NY, Texas etc. deciding what John Doe's values in "Whatever Wyoming" should be and vice versa.

Possibly hypocritical??? Try definitely.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I get the distinction of the op, but this seems to be back to the same old gay rights debate. And now we have two active threads on the same subject. Maybe we should consolidate?

I'm just sayin...
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I get the distinction of the op, but this seems to be back to the same old gay rights debate. And now we have two active threads on the same subject. Maybe we should consolidate?

I'm just sayin...
    I actually agree, and it's ok with me. I was going to comment on the other, but realized the direction of the argument is the same.
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12